Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 19-04-2006, 05:23 PM   #31
SIKSIX
Its gone V

I think JCI is ok i got quoted for a 99 au I6, Manual, S/C, kit, 19's, 20yo driver with a license suspension $1600. thats alrite if you ask me.... and yes i've had my xf under my name for two years.. i mean 1 and a half.
SIKSIX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2006, 05:32 PM   #32
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSIX
I think JCI is ok i got quoted for a 99 au I6, Manual, S/C, kit, 19's, 20yo driver with a license suspension $1600. thats alrite if you ask me.... and yes i've had my xf under my name for two years.. i mean 1 and a half.
i agree, 1600 for all that on an under 25yo isnt bad.... especially considering no-one else will really touch a modified car.......

when i was 21, my NC was 1000 for the first year's insurance - thats a stock 5.0 NC Ghia by the way. it's come down to a decent 500 odd pa and should come down further now im 25...

i do think i'll have to change though...
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2006, 05:51 PM   #33
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTFRMONT
I had my old ED Futura insured with Budget Direct a few years ago - be warned, if you have to make a claim, they'll make you jump through hoops.
Budget Direct are great if you have a good history with no fines, stacks or mods.

We had 2 no fault claims, they gave us no trouble with the claims but the
insurance went up a fair whack.

Also, I copped a minor infringement on the motorbike last year (no demerit points $77 fine) and it went up another $13.

Also I'm a greater risk even though both accidents were not my fault. For one of them, there wasn't even anyone in the car!

Also, adding Casper's old 16inch rims and dba slotteds to the Futura Wagon was going to add another $80. That's a right royal pain because i want to put slotteds on the SR sedan as well. That would be another $80 odd.

I haven't even thought about sports exhausts and lowering for both AU's yet!

Also, market value was much less than the $14,000 agreed value for both cars that Shannons would give me, Budget Direct offered $11,770 and $12,960.

Also, Budget Direct would charge $80-90 odd bucks per policy to pay by the month. Robbery!

Also, Budget Direct are quite irky about any mods.

I thought, "Hang it I'm changing to Shannons I reckon", 2 Cars, 1 Motorbike and House and Contents!!!!!!! I made heaps of calls, and this is what I dug up.

So far I stand to save $70 initially, but more later if I add some mods, but also get heaps of extras, motorbike gear coverage in a stack, higher agreed value, more room to do mods if I choose, $10,000 tools coverage for the garage and pay by the month for nothing! :

Pay by the month itself is good, as one 1 car is just before Christmas, and 1 car and the motorbike is just after Christmas! Talk about financial hits! LOL! :jab:

I thought of ringing AAMI, RACV, GIO, ALIANZ but I couldn't put all my insurance needs under the one company umbrella at such a good cost!

Shannons is looking good I reckon!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2006, 09:46 PM   #34
EL8TED
It all counts

when I first got my EL II XR8 ford put me through Swann Insurance for $2500. that was stock, and no allowance for mods.. turnns out they even mesed it up and it was meant to be $2900 but the Ford man wrote XR6 on two sheets, so they short termed my policy 5 months short of a year, lesson learned always review the paperwork! So i payed $2500 for 7 months insurance!! that probably they would have voided if I wanted to claim anyway! *****ers..

After that year was up I went to Just Car's and got it all for $1500. And that was including, rims, exhaust, HU, Lowering and bits and pieces. sunroof.. etc.

they just have huuuge excesses if I stack it. where they save money on the premium fee.
Old 19-04-2006, 09:57 PM   #35
SIKSIX
Its gone V

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSIX
Yeah forgot to mention that if i do claim i have to pay an excess of $1600 but....$450 normal $400 under 22/5? $300 i forgot $500 cause of my license suspension. so ah yeah thats the down side.
SIKSIX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2006, 10:55 PM   #36
plext
Forum Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
What's the ute insured for?

GK
27.5k was the best I could get them to, though naturally the mods + purchase have cost more than that.

Part of life when you have the modding bug I guess.
plext is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2006, 12:12 AM   #37
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by plext
27.5k was the best I could get them to, though naturally the mods + purchase have cost more than that.

Part of life when you have the modding bug I guess.
$600 for 27.5K value? Amazing, I'm 35, 36 in August and they want $628 for each car! For agreed value of $14,000. What gives?

my wife however is 30, that may have somethin to do with it, and we have had 2 not at fault claims in the last 2 years, and I did get that little motorbike traffic infringement! LOL! No it wasn't monos, or speeding it was being in the bicycle lane for 4 car lengths while car traffic merged! There was a police blitz on, otherwise it wouldn't have been picked up. Mongrels! out:

Budget Direct were only charging me $500 for the SR sedan though, so I should let Shannons know that!

I should ring and try to bargain them down some!

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Old 20-04-2006, 12:39 AM   #38
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Insured for 2.2k with JCI, Agreed value $26,990, loss of liscence and 3 speeding fines on top of that, added bodykit to the policy incase the crash I had was replaced with an el-dodge XR6 kit. Had the 1 no fault claim and they were nothing short of perfect.

JCI For the win!
clontarf_x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2006, 07:40 AM   #39
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Seems Allianz is still the cheapest so far . I don't know how you younger guys would go with them , but im only 33 years 'young' ..lol... so if your in your 30's it might be worth giving them a call , they do all kinds of insurance so you can even wrap them all into 1 if you like , you can even go as low as making weekly payments !. I know the only mod they don't like is turbos , that was the only mod which would of increased the price .

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2006, 08:32 AM   #40
GK
Walking with God

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6-VCT-2000
Seems Allianz is still the cheapest so far . I don't know how you younger guys would go with them , but im only 33 years 'young' ..lol... so if your in your 30's it might be worth giving them a call , they do all kinds of insurance so you can even wrap them all into 1 if you like , you can even go as low as making weekly payments !. I know the only mod they don't like is turbos , that was the only mod which would of increased the price .
Just to be absolutely sure, I'll give them a go! Another phone call can't hurt!

GK

Just rang Allianz, they were dearer on both cars by about $80 each when you account for the fact that pay by the month stung me 7% surcharge! Even If we took the option of no under 30 year old drivers, they were still short by $30+ each car!

In addition, they said any mod done to increase the cars performance would make the cars uninsurable! What a joke!

What have others found? It seems Shannons and Just Cars are the most favourable for mods, but with Just Cars, you cop a really hefty excess to get the premuims lower.

Now gone!
On LPG

Last edited by GK; 20-04-2006 at 09:08 AM.
Old 20-04-2006, 02:30 PM   #41
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
Just to be absolutely sure, I'll give them a go! Another phone call can't hurt!

GK

Just rang Allianz, they were dearer on both cars by about $80 each when you account for the fact that pay by the month stung me 7% surcharge! Even If we took the option of no under 30 year old drivers, they were still short by $30+ each car!

In addition, they said any mod done to increase the cars performance would make the cars uninsurable! What a joke!

What have others found? It seems Shannons and Just Cars are the most favourable for mods, but with Just Cars, you cop a really hefty excess to get the premuims lower.
Hmmm , thats strange , i don't know why i got it so cheap from them then , and the only mod they were worried about when i joined them was a turbo .

Old 20-04-2006, 02:53 PM   #42
GK
Walking with God

Quote:
Hmmm , thats strange , i don't know why i got it so cheap from them then , and the only mod they were worried about when i joined them was a turbo .
How long ago did you get the insurance? They might have tightened up since then!

Funny too that I'm older than you by a couple of years, yet you got the lower premium for a more expensive and sports oriented car! : you did say you were 33 right?

Anyway, Shannons for me.

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Old 20-04-2006, 02:59 PM   #43
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
How long ago did you get the insurance? They might have tightened up since then!

Funny too that I'm older than you by a couple of years, yet you got the lower premium for a more expensive and sports oriented car! : you did say you were 33 right?

Anyway, Shannons for me.

GK

Yep , 33 , and i have my missus insured on it too , she's a year older ! ..lol . I insured it at the start of this year. I got lucky i suppose :

Allthough bear in mind its still a stock standard AUII XR6 VCT , but i told them the truth about everything , how much i paid for it , the condition it was in , even that i had never had car insureance before this and i was ringing around for quotes , all the chick asked was has it got a turbo and is it garaged locked up of a night , that was it , too easy .

Old 20-04-2006, 03:32 PM   #44
GK
Walking with God

Thumbs up

Quote:
Yep , 33 , and i have my missus insured on it too , she's a year older ! ..lol . I insured it at the start of this year. I got lucky i suppose :

Allthough bear in mind its still a stock standard AUII XR6 VCT , but i told them the truth about everything , how much i paid for it , the condition it was in , even that i had never had car insureance before this and i was ringing around for quotes , all the chick asked was has it got a turbo and is it garaged locked up of a night , that was it , too easy .
Well done, you got a good deal! Glad it worked out great for you!

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Old 20-04-2006, 03:53 PM   #45
SIKXR8220

The only company that will insure me is RAC(different name over east i think). I am 24 with 5 years driving experience and i have been insured with them for the 5 years.I have never made a claim or any fines and i still pay $97 a month with a 65% no claim bonus.The youth rule is crap.Yes it is a V8 but you would think that i had proven myself with 5 years of no claims.
SIKXR8220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2006, 04:56 PM   #46
GK
Walking with God

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKXR8220
The only company that will insure me is RAC(different name over east i think). I am 24 with 5 years driving experience and i have been insured with them for the 5 years.I have never made a claim or any fines and i still pay $97 a month with a 65% no claim bonus.The youth rule is crap.Yes it is a V8 but you would think that i had proven myself with 5 years of no claims.
Yep, I agree.

It just used to be your history, now there terrorism stuff, everyone else who owns your car's history, suburb history, your age, age of codrivers, performance mods, fines etc, number of claims etc, all designed to extract the max cash from us all.

Well, better off with it than without it IMO! LOL!

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Old 20-04-2006, 05:12 PM   #47
SIKXR8220

Do you need to tell your insurance company about factory mods(ie factory lowered suspension) or just after sale mods.When insurance was taken out i was asked if there were any mods and i said factory ones and they said okay but i am still curious.Any answers?
SIKXR8220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2006, 10:57 PM   #48
StevenAu2
Irregular Member

Ive noticed on my Just Cars renewal form that they now have a 6 month payment option...
StevenAu2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2006, 12:27 AM   #49
GK
Walking with God

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKXR8220
Do you need to tell your insurance company about factory mods(ie factory lowered suspension) or just after sale mods.When insurance was taken out i was asked if there were any mods and i said factory ones and they said okay but i am still curious.Any answers?
Yes, both actually. Things like type of sound system, leather interior, sunroof, all these are example of factory options. You mentioned lowering yourself.

They might not add to the vehicle's performance on the street or track, but they'd add value to the car, and they need to know what they are to adequately work out what the car is worth.

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Old 22-04-2006, 12:58 AM   #50
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Gee i don't know where Allianz come up with a insured value of $20,000 for me, and why so cheap for me to insure it! , i nearlly fell of my chair when she said how much they would insure it for and how much it would cost me to insure it, especially after the quotes i had before that call. I must of got a chick who was peed' of with the company and was her last day or something i think ..lol

lol , thats why i have allways said - if someone wants to pinch my car then go for it ! ..lol , i could buy another one and have $10,000 left over ..lol

Old 22-04-2006, 10:42 AM   #51
GK
Walking with God

Quote:
Gee i don't know where Allianz come up with a insured value of $20,000 for me, and why so cheap for me to insure it! , i nearlly fell of my chair when she said how much they would insure it for and how much it would cost me to insure it, especially after the quotes i had before that call. I must of got a chick who was peed' of with the company and was her last day or something i think ..lol

lol , thats why i have allways said - if someone wants to pinch my car then go for it ! ..lol , i could buy another one and have $10,000 left over ..lol

You got a good deal for sure. What if they got it wrong? YOur deal almost sounds too good to be true!

Is it worth checking?

You could ring and ask for the same quote as if you were just taking up insurance with them, then compare the price. If there's a difference you could ask them to please explain!

I know some of you guys would say "it's their prob" and that is very true. Here's the thing though, how many people do you know who have had an insurance company try to weasel out of paying up?

Just a few thoughts anyway, for your sake, I hope you got a rare bargain, enjoy it!LOL!

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Old 22-04-2006, 12:53 PM   #52
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
You got a good deal for sure. What if they got it wrong? YOur deal almost sounds too good to be true!

Is it worth checking?

You could ring and ask for the same quote as if you were just taking up insurance with them, then compare the price. If there's a difference you could ask them to please explain!

I know some of you guys would say "it's their prob" and that is very true. Here's the thing though, how many people do you know who have had an insurance company try to weasel out of paying up?

Just a few thoughts anyway, for your sake, I hope you got a rare bargain, enjoy it!LOL!

GK
haha, funny you should mention that, after reading this thread and what others were roughly paying and value insured for, i though it might of been a mistake on their behalf too, but i rang them yesterday arvo to make sure my car was insured for $20,000 and sure enough it is .
I didn't ask anymore questions regarding if the amount im paying was right , as it's less than half of what others wanted and with a higher insurance value too than the others i originally got quotes from. ... woo hoo , I got lucky for once in my life i think - about time ! :

Old 22-04-2006, 01:38 PM   #53
GK
Walking with God

Quote:
haha, funny you should mention that, after reading this thread and what others were roughly paying and value insured for, i though it might of been a mistake on their behalf too, but i rang them yesterday arvo to make sure my car was insured for $20,000 and sure enough it is .
I didn't ask anymore questions regarding if the amount im paying was right , as it's less than half of what others wanted and with a higher insurance value too than the others i originally got quotes from. ... woo hoo , I got lucky for once in my life i think - about time ! :
Well enjoy the deal you got, good for you! It's good to get a break once in a while! :king:

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Old 23-04-2006, 01:36 PM   #54
FTe_XR8
formerly "3x-puursui7"

yea im with just cars $2500 a year for a 99 expursuit, valued a bit over wat i brought it at with mags and stereo inc, i almost didnt buy it cos of the price of insurance (19 & lost licence speeding only though) but i reeeeeaaaaallly wanted a 5 litre, then once i got it all they slugged me the whole lot at once which made me sorta regret getting it, but not anymore!!!! sorta hoping i dont have to claim cos excess is killer

http://www.aufalcon.com.au/3x-puursui7
FTe_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post