Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 04-05-2006, 10:37 PM   #1
Duffman
Oh Yeah!

Default Doors locking

I have this weird issue in my au2. Its only come about recently maybe due to pulling the whole interior out but anyway after about 5-10 mins in the car when driving the doors lock.

It seems to be at the same time as if its set to lock after a certain period of time. I will just driving along keys in ignition then the doors will lock. Is this anything that is surpose to happen? Im not keen on it especially if I leave the keys in the igntion walk away and it locks them in.

I wonder whats going on :/

Old 04-05-2006, 10:45 PM   #2
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Do you have an alarm? Because I had one on the EA which had the option of either lock/unlock with ignition or lock after 10 minutes (ie; would lock itself while driving or parked)

But if you haven't then it's very strange indeed. Hope you can get it sorted out. They seem to have minds of their own our AU's lol.
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2006, 11:04 PM   #3
Duffman
Oh Yeah!

Nah no alarm nothing it seems to be timed and goes off. Odd !
Old 04-05-2006, 11:20 PM   #4
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

funny you should mention this , my AUII did this since the day i bought it , then i changed the coding on my keyring keypad to unlock all the doors instead of just the drivers door, since then it doesn't do it anymore , strange ! ..lol , allthough i didnt even know it was an issue until you just mentioned it , i though it just a feature that was part of having just the drivers door open with the keypad ..lol

:eclipsee_

Last edited by XR6-VCT-2000; 04-05-2006 at 11:52 PM.
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2006, 11:45 PM   #5
TICK4D-TAS
Club Moderator

i read something in my owners manual, about if you have the remote set to just unlock the drivers door, there is also a deadman feature wich will lock the doors when u have entered the car. not 100% sure. i will check the manual tomorrow. or if you have one for your car its in the book near how it tells u to recode the remotes

hope that sort of helps
TICK4D-TAS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2006, 03:00 AM   #6
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Sounds like an anti-carjacking feature to me. Not sure if it's supposed to be there, but if it works, just go with it. And better not to leave your keys in the car and walk away - if the car gets stolen, you will not be covered by insurance.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2006, 01:12 PM   #7
TICK4D-TAS
Club Moderator

Duffman, i just had a thought. when you bought the TE interior did u get the whole dash and wiring looms? the reason i ask, is that all T3's came standard with the factory upgrade alarm. I wonder if this is still installed but doesnt have the siren connected??? just a thought. that might be where your problem is coming from. when i installed the upgrade alarm in my xr8 the main control module mounts up under the dash near the accelorator pedal. might be worth a check.

Cheers
Tim
TICK4D-TAS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2006, 05:24 PM   #8
Duffman
Oh Yeah!

When i put the new dash in it was out of a xr6 but I changed the entire looms over to my forte loom. Its only just started happening recently only solution i can think is to disconnect the battery and hope it goes away.
Old 05-05-2006, 05:33 PM   #9
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Mate it sounds like it can be one of a few things.
1/ You have an alarm installed.My stingray alarm locks the doors when I start the car.
2/ The cars module may well have that optional feature which may have been enabled when you changed the wiring.

3/ Also the door lock button may have a problem?

Does it happen over bumps?
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2006, 05:49 PM   #10
Mr Cube
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My Mrs Ute does the same thing AUII XR6.

That is all, carry on...

AUI VCT:
To date - Big brake upgrade, Koni and Kings all round, 2.5 cat back ready for replacing, 19" again ready for replacing.

Planned - Too much now I got the baby back.
Mr Cube is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post