Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 08-06-2006, 09:20 PM   #1
NeishaXR8_347
SS Grunt

Default oxy sensors

hey all just wondering how long do o2 sensors last i have heard that they wear out like spark plugs do and could make things run rich or lean, given what environment they live in (exhaust) they prob dont last long given all that heat and punishment.
would just like to know some experiences on how to check them or know when they are rooted.

NeishaXR8_347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2006, 09:38 PM   #2
Free347

About 90,000kms. Replacing them is the only way to know for certain.
Free347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2006, 07:38 PM   #3
Baboon_AU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you'll know when it is gone, fuel consumptions will go up rapidly

1981 XD Fairmont 351 - 351 Cleveland, ARP bolts, flat top pistons, Stage 3 Dynotec cam, ported 2V heads with 4V valves, Roller Rockers, Weiand manifold, Mighty Demon, 1/2" fuel lines with blue Holley fuel pump, Crane hi-6 ignition, B&M megashifter, C4, hi-stall, shift kit, 3.77 Ford 9" LSD.

Thanks to: EvilChief and SJW Performance
Baboon_AU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2006, 07:44 PM   #4
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

100000 klms is an average sort of figure, You may not notice a sudden rise in fuel consumption as the sensor does not just die overnight, the sensor will start to cycle slowly over a period of time, so the decline in economy will be a gradual thing.

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2006, 09:22 PM   #5
XT221
Blue Blooded

I think mine is in need of replacement so does any know roughly how much they are from Ford & how hard are they to change? TIA
XT221 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2006, 09:52 PM   #6
Free347

Forget Ford... believe it or not $300 each. You can get them from Supercheap etc. Prices vary from $90 to $120ish depending on where you get them from. NGK or Bosch would be the cheapest good ones around.
Free347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2006, 06:33 PM   #7
FTe_XR8
formerly "3x-puursui7"

i was just in coventry's the other day and they had a little sales brochure for oxy sensors i'm pretty sure they were bosch ones, they also said they normally last 100, 000 and as mine has just clicked over im about to change em, but its a few weeks away. they talked these new ones up for being a new design and better but it was a sales brochure!!

http://www.aufalcon.com.au/3x-puursui7
FTe_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2006, 01:32 AM   #8
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

I've only just changed mine after 130,000km and ford were $365each- Bosch ones at trade price from Coventry's were $76 each- I changed mine last week.........
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
jimt3te50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post