Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 10-06-2006, 10:12 PM   #1
sednwol

Default Any way to repair / Rejuvenate ...

Tickford rims that have mild gutter scrapes?

sednwol is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2006, 10:15 PM   #2
GT-P 390

There's people here in WA that do it so i'm sure you will have someone over threre that does the same thing.

I've had I HSV rime done before and the job was excellent and cost about $100 from memory.

BANKRUPT I - 2005 BAII GT-P Manual, Velocity, Herrod Extractors and Cats, Xtreme 1300kg Ceramic Clutch and Lightened Flywheel, Bluepower CAI, Herrod Suresix Shifter, John Bowe S/S Signature Series Exhaust, King Springs (Race Series), Bilstein Sport Shocks and 30mm Whiteline adjustable front sway-bay, 3.7 gears.

FPV/Tickford Owners Club of W.A. Member.
GT-P 390 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2006, 10:51 PM   #3
sednwol

What name would such people go under?
sednwol is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2006, 11:24 PM   #4
MOOSEXR6
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sednwol
What name would such people go under?
G'day mate,
let me know if you find someone in Melb who will fix those scuff marks. I'm still wiping away my tears after kissing the gutter the other day- twice in a week. Those cheap import tyres I've got don't give me enough wide wall protection.!!! :-(
moosexr6

Last edited by MOOSEXR6; 10-06-2006 at 11:27 PM. Reason: spelling errors
MOOSEXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2006, 11:54 PM   #5
MOOSEXR6
Starter Motor

G'day mate,
just found all those details on another thread- Tyres/Technical. sorry I can't lead you there, I'm still new to this system. There's about 5 to choose from in Melbourne.
Good luck!
Old 11-06-2006, 10:12 AM   #6
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Any good machinist at most engineering workshops can put the rims in the lathe and machine all the edges down slightlly to remove gutter rubs , there is a legal limit to how much they can be machined though as the rim has to still remain so thick to support the tyre propperly/safely. If the damage is deep they might have to be filled with weld first then re-machined. Ring around a few metal engineering workshops ;) .

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2006, 10:19 AM   #7
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOOSEXR6
G'day mate,
let me know if you find someone in Melb who will fix those scuff marks. I'm still wiping away my tears after kissing the gutter the other day- twice in a week. Those cheap import tyres I've got don't give me enough wide wall protection.!!! :-(
moosexr6
What tyres are you running Moose?

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2006, 02:09 PM   #8
chief
FTF Club Moderator

There is a sticky in the tyre tech area. It has the companies thjat repairs damaged rims. In all states. Here it is: http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=42249

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2006, 10:40 PM   #9
MIKEVYII

I had a guy come out onsite & repair three of My gutter scraped rims(badly scraped), & repair scrathes on my front bar (all like that b4 i brought it) he did a good job & did it in My driveway. lost his card but he is coming back next monday to do a full cut & polish on the ute to So i'll get a few cards off him & give you his details
MIKEVYII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2006, 04:47 AM   #10
MOOSEXR6
Starter Motor

GK,
I'm running a set of NANKANG, that came with my AU11 XR6 Ute a couple of months ago. I'd not really heard much of them before. They have a goodlooking groove pattern and are of course 235/45-16, but they barely just sit flush with the rim- and that a big problem with those series 2 rims. They also appear to be significantly noisey. I've tried running them on anything from 32-36kpi, with no difference.
I'd like to know if anyone else has had any experience with this make of tyre.

WORK IN PROGRESS: I've only just begun. U guys have inspired me! I haven't been so enthused about a car in years.

2001 AU11XR6 UTE, Liquid Silver

So far- Tickford CAI, K&N Filter, Clear repeaters.
Next- RedBack Catback- 2.5in single.
Then- Pacies or HM.