Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 05-07-2006, 04:03 PM   #1
chev28
Starter Motor

Default AU3 Heater Settings

Does anyone else have this problem?

Once the car is fully warmed up and I am on a long (>20 min) trip in winter, it is impossible to set the heater to the right temperature.

After running for 20 minutes on full hot, I set the temperature dial to about 3 clicks above total cold and the cabin gets very warm after a short while. I then turn the dial on click colder and the cabin gets cold!. There is no in between and it does the same with the AC on or off.

Does anyone know a fix for this? Can they be recalibrated?

Thanks

Adam

chev28 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2006, 04:15 PM   #2
Yum-Yum
My 1st set of Wings!!!

That sounds pretty weird mate, I've never had that problem at all but am interested in the responses you get just incase it happens to me. With regards to it happening with the AC on or off, when I'm using the Demister for the windscreen on the heat setting, then use the AC to clear the condensaton, the AC overides the heat with cold air, not sure if it's the same for others though.
:sm_headba

Last edited by Yum-Yum; 05-07-2006 at 04:44 PM. Reason: I'm a doofus!!!
Yum-Yum is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2006, 04:42 PM   #3
chev28
Starter Motor

Thanks, but what is "cold heat"?
chev28 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2006, 06:08 PM   #4
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I find to clear the condensation that I keep the A/C off (as it does override the heat and go cool ... then when i want warmth again it fogs up).

So i heat the windscreen and it clears pretty quickly ... even on the -5 deg C mornings.

I don't have the issues with the temps dropping dramatically like chev28 does ... I can control mine pretty well ... which is good (seeing as my trip to work is over an hour in length ... and temps need to be regulated as i progress).

I am also one of those people that like to have the window open a little bit when it's freezing ... but still have the heater on
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2006, 05:22 AM   #5
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

I think i read somewhere that with any system to keep it a pretty stable temp , once you have obtained the temp u like , switch the contol to 'recycle air' in the cabin .
I do this and mine stays where i like it . cheers .

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post