Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 27-07-2006, 10:34 AM   #31
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Worst case if you cant get the place you really want, you might have to take a lesser place just for 6 months, get a good solid rent history up then move into what you want.

All the best with the app.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2006, 03:19 PM   #32
Miss_XR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine
whoa, crikey - never go a lease more than 1 year - if you need to move, breaking the lease is costly and a huge hassle...
we put 1yr 6 months cause we will def be staying that long then if we want it longer we can draw up a new contract.. ive already checked that with the real estate agent.. the agent this morning sent everything to the landlord im just hoping we get an answer soon as this property is avail from next sat and we need to start packing if we get it sooner than later... i hate the waiting game
Miss_XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2006, 03:32 PM   #33
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine
Moving out for the first time is scary, but also the best thing you'll ever do. The main reason it doesn't work is money. Remember, you basically need 6 weeks rent straight away (bond + your first 2 weeks in advance), plus a deposit for power/gas. If you can manage it, I'd save an extra $500+ on top of budgeted items, because there's always more than you think.

Good luck!
The first time I moved out, me and my 2 friends went grocery shopping for all the sort of food we'd need as well as cleaning products etc. We started with very little - the cupboards were empty. It cost us $300, we filled up 2 trolleys and after that it was about $100-$150 a week. With utilities it's $50 connection fee for this, $100 "installation" for that. Even when no-one has to even come out to your house to do it.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2006, 03:40 PM   #34
Miss_XR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauljh74
The first time I moved out, me and my 2 friends went grocery shopping for all the sort of food we'd need as well as cleaning products etc. We started with very little - the cupboards were empty. It cost us $300, we filled up 2 trolleys and after that it was about $100-$150 a week. With utilities it's $50 connection fee for this, $100 "installation" for that. Even when no-one has to even come out to your house to do it.
shopping for food is ok i already have to do that at my house now (my mum isnt the best cook) and we only need electricty connected there is no gas in this place so that saves money and we will only have a landline for internet access which i can get cheap anyways other than that we have no bills we dont have credit cards or anything like that which is one plus for us
Old 27-07-2006, 06:45 PM   #35
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_XR6
we put 1yr 6 months cause we will def be staying that long then if we want it longer we can draw up a new contract..
With length of contracts, I always believe that its not really a matter of how long you want to stay. Its more a case of protecting yourself if you want to bail. eg. I had a BAD BAD roach problem in my last place but the agent/landlord wasn't willing to do anything more than putting the blame on the bug spray people. If I didnt have an exit clause in my contract, I'd still be living there in what I called "Casa de Roach".

If you are a good tenant, the landlord will want you to stay. Its hard to get a good tenant. And everytime it changes, the landlord loses the first week's rent or something like that.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2006, 09:47 AM   #36
Miss_XR6

Well i finally got approved for a 2 bedroom apartment and move in 2morrow night its brand new and includes some extras including stainless steel appliances and a dyer. now all i gotta do is start packing and get rid of all my junk
Old 08-08-2006, 11:38 AM   #37
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Having moved and helped others move using a trailer and other times a truck. The 3 tonne truck is much easier and you can drive it on a regular car licence - you can get all your gear moved in 1 load. I suppose by now you'd have that organised. But a truck with a hydraulic tailgate makes moving things like fridges easier. A $25 hand trolley from places like Supercheap Auto makes life a bit easier too.

My point with your first shop is that at home, there is heaps of stuff that is already there, you just have to top it up. When you first move out, you start with very little and that first shopping trip will probably be the most expensive - probably double or triple what it will normally be.

If you can score some boxes from work - try that. Otherwise find a business that throws their empty boxes out - they'll be happy to give them away.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2006, 11:51 AM   #38
Miss_XR6

i can score boxes for free from my partners work got that organised plus i have alot of suitcases.. my mate owns a ute so we are moving the bed and things like that 2morrow night then getting the washing machine and fridge and sofa on the weekend we are looking at places where we can get a small truck to do it in 1 load but we only got the call last night to say we were approved and move in is for 2morrow so it may take a while till we have everything in there but we will get there
Old 08-08-2006, 11:57 AM   #39
EA2BA
PM me if you want

A falcon can hold a massive amount of stuff if stacked carefully, you would be surpirsed

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2006, 08:07 PM   #40
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

Whatever you do, dont rent a van from Budget. I did that when I moved and when I dinged it alittle, they wanted me to pay...

- full rental rate (I was supposed to be on a discount rate)
- admin fee (never got told about)
- stamp duty (WTF? I'm not buying the freakin thing!!)

I told them to go screw themselves and paid only my discounted rate.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post