Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 08-08-2006, 08:50 PM   #1
BRADMAN
BA Mk2 XR6 Turbo

Default EA Front Door Speaker Molds For 6x9's

Does anyone know where i can buy/have made 6x9 speaker molds that fit onto a 1990 EA Front door.
The current door mold bends inwards and basicly i need it to be outwards so i can mount a 6x9 into the door.
I under stand the current door mold has to be cut away to allow the 6x9 magnet to fit.
And does anyone know what the price would be?
Im based in Melbourne, Vic
Thanks all
Bradman

BRADMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2006, 08:54 PM   #2
XRated
Shoot.

Why would you want a 6*9" speaker in the front door? It's not worth the effort and will most-likely sound ****.

You'd be better off fitting a decent set of 6" splits and cut a bit out of the door and have a sub in the boot.

20V Turbo

Last edited by XRated; 08-08-2006 at 09:09 PM.
XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2006, 08:59 PM   #3
ROOSTA
DFDFDF

XRated,

I totally agree.. not to mention how far out the spacer would need to come to allow the window to clear the magnet.. But back to your question.. i can mould up a spacer for you.. $500 pair..

Cheers,
Nik
ROOSTA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2006, 09:10 PM   #4
BRADMAN
BA Mk2 XR6 Turbo

im running dual 12" kicker subs in boot already
im running kicker 6x9's with spacers in the rear shelf already
i got the 6x9's for a sweet deal when i bought them as 4 (2 pairs) that why i wanna put em in the front to replace the kicker 2.5" that currently reside inside the standard door speaker holder.
roosta - would that be in the grey door colour or just plane something else? i take it you already have done similar to your ride?
thanks
brad
Old 08-08-2006, 09:29 PM   #5
ROOSTA
DFDFDF

Hey mate i have almost finished doing mine.. i am doing mine in a nice grey/silver carpet or maybe blue.. haven't decided yet.. can send ya some pics of my inspiration and when i get a chance i will take pics of mine.. but one thing to keep in mind.. you will have a ugly 4" hole in the door trim where your factory speaker goes.. that is why i haven't decided if i goona use mine yet..

Cheers,
Nik
Old 08-08-2006, 11:20 PM   #6
BRADMAN
BA Mk2 XR6 Turbo

yeah at the moment i havent carpeted my system, cos im still tuning it (almost done) however in the daylight 2moz ill take some picys n place them on here.
as for the factory hole...its ok. ive still got the original grill which i will leave on the door so it isnt soo bad looking. maybe look at filling the whole with some mdf and paint it a very close colour to door so your dont notice it at all. dunno.
first things first....gotta get my seats back in (been removing the center console and making a slim version for just around gear shifter, then place fire extinguisher where console used to be)
Just noticed your from Albury, its one of my old home towns, havent been back to see old friends in ages. next time im up ill look for your blue baby.

bradman
Old 08-08-2006, 11:25 PM   #7
NC_GHIA
FirstOnRaceDay

One question WHY are you running 6x9's with subs... They diliver a low-mid bass level there just what you but if you can't afford subs... So there for you will get a lower sound quality to some one who has 6.5" or 6" speakers

And I have been told that I need new door trims to fit 6" speakers...
NC_GHIA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2006, 11:32 PM   #8
BRADMAN
BA Mk2 XR6 Turbo

i needed a tad more midrange. i did have 6" kickers in the rear shelf but thought i would try a 6x9 in the rear shelf instead. and because i got 4 6x9 speakers for a deal i thought why not replace all speakers with 6x9's why im at it.
Then im gonna prob put the older speakers into the boot so when the lids up you get powerful mid-high while listening to the lows from the subs. best of both worlds without wasting great kicker speakers.
my thing is sound & gizmos so i have a why not attitute to different & new things......DVD player....Remote start & monitoring alarm.....Neons underneath....Neons inside....Monster tacho....Keyless missle switch start....so on so forth.

Brad
Old 08-08-2006, 11:44 PM   #9
NC_GHIA
FirstOnRaceDay

I like all that stuff too.

I seen a pair of kicker splits 90W for $900? WTF that $10 a WATT...
Old 09-08-2006, 12:02 AM   #10
ROOSTA
DFDFDF

BJSPENCER85.. I like your attitude.. Gizmos and **** factor are wat i like about my ride.. lol.. If ya do come through albury my car is usually parked at work.. just across from maccas/bbq galore/strathfields.. Usually pretty hard to miss i have been told.. LOL..

I reckon the 6x9 in the doors will look very interesting.. wait till you see wat i have planned for my old speaker holes.. major **** spec.. LOL..

Cheers,
Nik
Old 09-08-2006, 08:48 AM   #11
LTDHO
The one and only

Normally I say running a pair od 6x9's is a waste of time, money, sound, etc....

Mate you take the cake, are you building a system for looks and bragging and not to sound good????

Prepare to double the weight of your doors!!
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2006, 10:04 AM   #12
Gunns
Banned

: I am walk away from this one.
Just a bit of advice, talk to people that know how to setup a good sounding system, and not try the the DIY method, you will only waste your money.
Gunns is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2006, 01:15 PM   #13
BRADMAN
BA Mk2 XR6 Turbo

speakers arent the hard part. subs are hard. getting the right box volume size, porting length, porting possition, port/sealed, box shape, speaker possition. luckily ive finished the subs.
as for a good setup....well ive set up a few car speaker systems in the past. when it comes to speakers you cant go wrong with kickers. as for sounding good. it all comes down to personal taste & a tad of trial & error....why do i say that....because every car has its own occoustic sound. for example my ea is sealed well, whereas a friends is not. therefore you get 2 different sounds from the same system. hard to explain but you would understand if your heard the systems.
as for door weight....who cares...the power windows added weight, the subs in the boot added like 40kg. my ride is sound rather than power cos i like to cruze rather than drag. besides there isnt that much difference between 6x9's & 6" speakers in terms of weight (as magnets in kickers are heavy anyways).
roosta - i know what ya mean....the doors will look kinda strange, but ill get there, ill see if i can possition the speaker so that the magnet is as close to window as possible to reduce door hump size.. trial & error...there are plenty of ea recks which i can get a door from to do a test run. hehe
roosta - keep me posted on the ideas for your doors! im very interested to see them

Brad
Old 09-08-2006, 01:18 PM   #14
NC_GHIA
FirstOnRaceDay

but 6x9 arn't that great.And personally I don like kicker...
Old 09-08-2006, 01:22 PM   #15
BRADMAN
BA Mk2 XR6 Turbo

have you had problems with kickers in the past?

im a kicker man....everything i buy is kicker (except amps as they are too power hungry compared to Pioneer)
6 years of pounding a $69 kicker speaker and its only now starting to crackle a tad....pretty good i would have thought