Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 01-09-2006, 01:51 PM   #1
moonman89
Starter Motor

Default Replacing a Radio.

Hi forum,
I managed to get the stock radio out of the Car, but how the hell am i ment to mount a new STANDARD radio in there? There isnt any fittings/screw places for it. Is there a bracket that im ment to buy? Or what?
Any help would be good
Thanks,
Nathan

moonman89 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2006, 01:55 PM   #2
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Hi, welcome to the forums mate.

your new radio realy should of come with a new cradle/bracket/holder/mount . Remove the old mount and screw or pot-rivet the new 1 in . cheers.

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2006, 02:00 PM   #3
moonman89
Starter Motor

There is no where in the hole(Where the stock radio came from ) to screw/pop rivet to, if i can get/find the bracket thing...or is there?
Old 01-09-2006, 02:05 PM   #4
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

You usually have to screw or pot-rivet your new mount into the plastic inside the hole the original radio came out of , connect it to around where the old original bracket was connected. If your radio didnt come with a new holder/bracket/mount , then go back to where you bought it and see if they have 1 for it to fit , strathfield car radios have stuff like this too .

You might even find it easier to remove the centre face panel ( pretty easy 10 min job ), this will give you more room to even make your own bracket and mount it in behind the cfp . cheers , gl .

Old 01-09-2006, 02:10 PM   #5
moonman89
Starter Motor

Thanks mate. I dont think i would be able to get the one that came with it. I think its second hand. And im doing this for a mate, I might get them to go to Strathfield one day at lunch and see if they have one to fit, then we'll go from there...
Thanks heaps. I was baffeled as to how to get it in :S
Getting the ond one out was the easy bit
Thanks.
Nathan
Old 01-09-2006, 02:12 PM   #6
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

no worries , good luck finding a bracket to fit , strathfied is ya best bet though probably . If your good with sheetmetal and tinsnips , you could allways make your own ! ..

or as i mentioned above , line it up perfect ( measure and mark it etc ) then remove the cfp and just screw it in from behind , then clip the cfp back on again , make sure you line it up propperlly first though if you do it this way.

cheers , gl with it all

Old 01-09-2006, 02:12 PM   #7
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

did you have a double din headunit in there standard?? or a single one??
you can get the single din conversion kit thru supercheap auto(aerpro item).. or from ford it self does its own filler item

the only other problem you will encounter is hte supplied headunit surround will not fit as the dash is a funny shape
you can just file the edges till it fits tho..

good luck
Old 01-09-2006, 04:11 PM   #8
superroo
You can't stop the signal

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Has done quite a few excellent write ups for au .com 

When installing a new radio, you get a cradle that fits arround the stereo with it. You can either screw/pop rivet this to the metal or make up a set of brackets to hold the craddle(see below)

Cheers
superroo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post