Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-04-2009, 09:51 PM   #1
Linz
*SILVER SERVICE PILOT*
Donating Member1

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: For his technical submissions. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with good, solid advice. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked
yep, your right, the dings/chips would be around the middle of the bonnet and above, possibly on the roof...
Actually, you're right...I DO have a few chips on the roof, and they ALL happened with NO bonnet protector.

https://www.fordforums.com.au/showth...71#post6891271

2006 Lightning Strike BF Fairlane Ghia...HIS

2024 Titan Grey Hyundai Tucson Highlander...HERS
Linz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2009, 10:33 PM   #2
BA Baracus
xls

I've been considering sheepskin seat covers for comfort, not to protect the seats in my BA. I had considered those wetsuit type xr covers in the past (my ute is not xr but has same seats) and decided that was a bad idea for the exact reasoning of the OP, I'm not keen to save the seats for someone else. Comfort though is a different issue. No doubt won't look as good and could be construed as being poxy but my back will be happier and snug.

On the other stuff.. I have a fat black steering wheel cover as my hands are stuffed from repetitive work and I prefer a fatter wheel then mine has provided.
I have rubber floor mats because the floor ends up covered in ingrained bits of grass and cops a hammering in rainy weather, nothing to do with resale just looks crappy to myself and is painful to clean all the time. The stuff doesn't show up on a rubber mat but stands out like dogs balls on carpet.
I have a dashmat as well because it gets covered in dust and hairs. Also my last 2 cars the dash cracked badly from the sun.
More annoying as an owner then a future seller having dealing with some of these things.
BA Baracus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2009, 03:08 AM   #3
Linz
*SILVER SERVICE PILOT*
Donating Member1

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: For his technical submissions. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with good, solid advice. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA Baracus
I've been considering sheepskin seat covers for comfort, not to protect the seats in my BA. I had considered those wetsuit type xr covers in the past (my ute is not xr but has same seats) and decided that was a bad idea for the exact reasoning of the OP, I'm not keen to save the seats for someone else. Comfort though is a different issue. No doubt won't look as good and could be construed as being poxy but my back will be happier and snug.

On the other stuff.. I have a fat black steering wheel cover as my hands are stuffed from repetitive work and I prefer a fatter wheel then mine has provided.
I have rubber floor mats because the floor ends up covered in ingrained bits of grass and cops a hammering in rainy weather, nothing to do with resale just looks crappy to myself and is painful to clean all the time. The stuff doesn't show up on a rubber mat but stands out like dogs balls on carpet.
I have a dashmat as well because it gets covered in dust and hairs. Also my last 2 cars the dash cracked badly from the sun.
More annoying as an owner then a future seller having dealing with some of these things.
I bought a complete ED Fairmont interior for my EB2 GLi a while ago and I'm very thankful that the previous owners of the car had fitted sheepskin seat covers to front and rear seats from new as they are in immaculate condition : .

https://www.fordforums.com.au/showth...71#post6891271

2006 Lightning Strike BF Fairlane Ghia...HIS

2024 Titan Grey Hyundai Tucson Highlander...HERS
Linz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2009, 11:41 PM   #4
vanman_75
XD Sundowner

my old man once went out with a lady who had a 626 she had nice sheepskins to protect her seats cause they are nice yer ,well she also had cheap seat covers to protect the sheepskins but put old sheets on them because they were easy to wash ,i laughed when she tried to justify it .

i think most agree if your dirty from work ...good idea but most don't have gtps as work cars so why cover it up , will no one ever enjoy the look if each respective owner does it till the car falls in half ...arrh but the seats are in good nick mate like new

and ba baracus mate i got sheepskins in my forby, why have canvas i can always get a new set of covers ,they soak up water and the mud well .
ps ..they are for comfort if you own a patrol !!!
Old 08-04-2009, 05:59 AM   #5
smacxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have fitted seat covers to my last few new utes, and i am really glad i did. I know they look crap but the last 2 utes, a V8 XL and a V8 XLS both 4 years old when i traded them only had 45k on the XLS and about 55k on the XL, however if i didnt have seat covers, being a work ute and getting in it at the end of the day with paint or plaster or glue or just dirt on them they would have looked like they were 5 times older than the rest of the ute. When i took the covers off before i sold the utes the seats were literally brand new and the trade in price reflected that. At the same time we had a BA XR8 sedan which was the family car. We had it 5 and a half years, never had seat covers on that and had 120k on the clock when we traded it and those seats still looked like new, even with 2 young kids. So yes i agree that if you arent someone that gets dirty, then seat covers seem a little pointless, but im pretty bloody glad i use them.
smacxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2009, 07:22 PM   #6
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

An my passenger side fog light.
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2009, 08:57 PM   #7
Buzz Box
Wheel Wally

I seen the funniest thing last week.....

An elderly couple with their Ghia and full leather interior and they had these tatty old sheep skin covers that were literally skin virtually all the wool had worn off kept me entertained let me say lol

Previously:
2009 Ford Focus - "The Bubble Car"
2002 Ford Futura Wagon - "The Big White Wagon"
1996 Ford Falcon - "Ophelia"
1975 Jaguar XJ6 - "The Beast"
Buzz Box is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2009, 08:31 PM   #8
TERMINATOR X
3000 CCA STARTER MOTOR

I KNOW! My mrs has shitty pink covers over them nice AU XR8 2 seats! Yuk! But at the same time its mine soon so better the kidz mess them up rather than the REAL covers.
TERMINATOR X is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2009, 10:10 PM   #9
fairmont1998
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I use a throwover on my drivers seat, so as soon as I'm not using the car for work travel the cover comes off.

2012 KK Jeep Cherokee Limited CRD - Still going strong
2019 MG ZS Essence
1988 RD Mitsubishi Colt GL - 59kW of Fury
2022 Kia Stinger GT
fairmont1998 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2009, 04:25 PM   #10
CHARGED TERRA
TARMAC EATER & HSV BEATER

I thought this was about seat covers on new cars. I must be mistaken :
CHARGED TERRA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post