Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 13-06-2007, 04:09 PM   #1
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Default Ebay XR4

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/2007-Ford-Fie...QQcmdZViewItem
found this while browsing the ebay....

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2007, 09:14 PM   #2
Miyagi
fordxr5turbo.com

Wouldn't have thought dealers'd get much value out of advertising on ebay... i guess it's a good and cheap way to generate interest for the car and the dealership.

it's just nice to see them AT dealers now... just need to keep the g/f away. :
Old 13-06-2007, 10:16 PM   #3
photn
AFF Post NAZI

tis a pitty that it aint cheeper....

i cant believe that they are offering paint protection and all that.. after you say yes to all that you end up paying 29 drive away.. what a jip.. whats the point in Premium paint then?

Old 13-06-2007, 11:58 PM   #4
Danny
GT4.

Effing hell they are AWESOME

you watch, come 5 - 10 years time, we have a real CULT car on our hands. Primarily with the P platers. They are a PERFECT car for Ford Oz to bring out to pump up the Fiesta's rep!
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2007, 10:07 PM   #5
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Too bad you upgraded to a Clio but still a good car you have Danny not knocking it in any way. Still need a drive in it too. But you could've had your own little XR4.

2002 AUIII XR6
1995 EF Falcon XR6
2003 LR Focus Zetec
1989 KE Laser TX3
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2007, 10:29 PM   #6
photn
AFF Post NAZI

im still waiting for him to downgrade

Old 16-06-2007, 06:45 PM   #7
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
im still waiting for him to downgrade
Why would anyone want to downgrade?

I still believe if I had kept my Fiesta Zetec instead of purchasing the Clio Sport that I could well have been in an XR4 right now...

I still don't regret my purchase though :

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2007, 02:10 AM   #8
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

I wouldn't consider a 06 Clio 182 to a 07 Fiesta XR4 a downgrade, about even in my eyes.
Piotr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2007, 01:35 PM   #9
Miyagi
fordxr5turbo.com

brand wise it's a downgrade other than that i agree with Piotr, about even really.
Old 17-06-2007, 02:44 PM   #10
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

This is just my opinion, but I don't see going into the 'about even' car or 'downgrading' as Photn mentioned (not me) as a logical and wise choice.

I see upgrading as moving up in price, power, performance and features. The XR4 unfortunately no longer ticks all those boxes for me, going from a 182 Cup. If I was still driving around in a Fiesta Zetec, then maybe.

For this reason I believe an upgrade for me to be moving into a Mini Cooper S JCW, VW Golf GTI 3dr in White, Megane 225 Cup in Torro Red, Ford Focus XR5T (I guess why I'm still here ;)) in Fanta or a VW Golf R32 in Silver as the next move!

Basically, going from a 1 year old 182 Cup into an XR4 would be as silly as a XR5T owner moving into a Golf GTI after one year. Why would you risk all that depreciation for what is essentially a similar car in terms of performance, price, quality and creature comforts?

Again, just my opinion. Danny might feel different about this matter.

Please don't read this as bagging the XR4 - Read my initial posts about the XR4 and you'll realise that I've loved it ever since the Fiesta ST was shown. Ford Australia just took their time to bring it out here. Still, great it finally did (and at such a low price!). Can't wait to see this things running around on the road (and hopefully when I can be bothered I'll get a spin in one).

I can't help but feel that my email in June 2006 to FMC helped get the Fiesta XR4 here :

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)

Last edited by Teki04; 17-06-2007 at 02:49 PM.
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2007, 03:21 PM   #11
Danny
GT4.

I agree with you Teki. The 182 to XR4 is a downgrade in features Power and Perfomance.

Looks wise IMO it has it over the Clio (maybe not over orange or FRB F1's). I wouldnt buy an XR4 becasue it has less of these things than the Clio. If i was to upgrade to any Ford, it would be the XR5. And even then, I just don't like them that much anymore...
Old 17-06-2007, 03:32 PM   #12
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Its a shame they didn't do some decent mods to the motor to get Clio Sport levels of power!
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2007, 04:09 PM   #13
Danny
GT4.

NOW THEN would I seriously look at one!!

EDIT: But even then, I'd want full leather, Xenons, Cruise and climate control.... hehehe
Old 17-06-2007, 05:08 PM   #14
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

At least available as options! Also could be available on the Ghia (same for Focus) because some buyers want a smaller car but not want to give up the goodies they are used to
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2007, 12:57 PM   #15
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
Why would anyone want to downgrade?

I still believe if I had kept my Fiesta Zetec instead of purchasing the Clio Sport that I could well have been in an XR4 right now...

I still don't regret my purchase though :
personal preference i suppose. not sure. i jsut remember danny telling me how much he loved driving the fiesta cause it delivered more than you expected... like you didnt expect much from the fiesta zetec, but it certainly delivered....he also said to me that you get what you expect from the clio.....so there isnt any suprises and that general WOW factor you get from being suprised by the fez...

now dont get me wrong, the clio is a HELL of a car, and i would love one.... and as damo said, at the end of the day which car could you see yourself living with and sitting in traffic with.... and id choose the Fez....

Like i said Personal Prefference. Maybee not many ppl can afford to UPGrade as well. extenuating circumstances may plague them... just dont know.....

just not that im not having a stab at you teki, jsut calmly saying stuff lol....<<sounds so queer!.....

i just know that when i choose my next car whenever it may be will be something i want, regardless of an upgrade or a downgrade , mneh no even fussed at the moment. ive had the Fez for 2 years and im still giggling with joy everytime i drive it.

i suppose it just depends on what your priorities are. mneh... your choice and up to you....

but i know i wont be upgrading to the XR4 anytime soon.... WP zetec = FTW~!

i like small cars, so maybee, just maybee when i upgrade my car it may be a Mini cooperS JCW kit. but then again just a maybee.......

id prefer Ford.

have a good one.

Old 18-06-2007, 02:34 PM   #16
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn

just not that im not having a stab at you teki, jsut calmly saying stuff lol....<<sounds so queer!.....
Oh? So you're trying to crack on to him now?? :P:P:P:P:P Hahhahaha

True Sean I said that Clio delivers what you expect. But from the Clio, you expect nothing short of an UNBELIVABLE drive, FANTASTIC power, and awesome handling. It delivers that in spades, and I love it.

In 2004 I drove the Ford Fiesta with the mindset that small cars were cheap, nasty, slow, and sounded like on old exercise bike (you know, the ones with the HUGE fan as a front wheel). Thats why the Fiesta Surpassed my expectations, and ultimately why I bought it.

I expected a LOT from the Polo GTi.... I really wanted one.... It didn't deliver, I didn't buy it. No character, wishy washy handling that I couldn't overlook regardless of the fantastic quality of the thing... Even now, I ain't sure about the looks of them anymore, narrow, High, small rims.... Meh.
Old 18-06-2007, 03:21 PM   #17
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
Oh? So you're trying to crack on to him now?? :P:P:P:P:P Hahhahaha

True Sean I said that Clio delivers what you expect. But from the Clio, you expect nothing short of an UNBELIVABLE drive, FANTASTIC power, and awesome handling. It delivers that in spades, and I love it.

In 2004 I drove the Ford Fiesta with the mindset that small cars were cheap, nasty, slow, and sounded like on old exercise bike (you know, the ones with the HUGE fan as a front wheel). Thats why the Fiesta Surpassed my expectations, and ultimately why I bought it.

I expected a LOT from the Polo GTi.... I really wanted one.... It didn't deliver, I didn't buy it. No character, wishy washy handling that I couldn't overlook regardless of the fantastic quality of the thing... Even now, I ain't sure about the looks of them anymore, narrow, High, small rims.... Meh.
Fair enough danny... im still witht he Fez.. ill see what i go up against when i deciede to get my next car... would love the mini JCW!!!!.... but who knows these days aye.... id really like to stay with ford... but they aint offering what i want!.....a HIGH performance HOT hatch!!!

like the mini hehehehehe