Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 22-09-2007, 09:03 PM   #1
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Any one remember 'The Brittas Empire'?

I have not had a good ol' belly laugh like I had today after watching a few episodes of The Brittas Empire. It was a BBC comedy series that started in 1991.

It stars Chris Barrie one of the characters off Red Dwarf.

Mr Brittas is the new manager for Whitbury New Town Leasure Centre and always creates more problems when solving one or just simply causes problems even if the day is running smoothly.

The characters are friggin hillarious, my favourits are: Carole - the receptionist who is always crying from problems at home and keeps her baby in the bottom draw in the desk. And Colin - His deputy who is supposed to be a highly qualified fitness elite is actually fat, always has some health issue like diahrea and a bandaged hand that never stops pussing.

As an example of a funny episode there is a spate of petty theft in the leasure centre and Mr Brittas is convinced that one of the staff is responsible. When his initial attempts to find the culprit fails he decides to hide Colin in a locker in the ladies changing rooms as a spy... oh god its funny.

Any one remember this funny comedy? If not or you have not heard of it, I would DEFINATLY reccomend buying a series DVD for a good laugh.

Click here to see my ute
fordOwner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2007, 09:05 PM   #2
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Yep, was a crack up.

I was a big fan of Red Dwarf too.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2007, 09:05 PM   #3
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

Yeah mate, Carol with her kids in the draw.... And Colin, now he's a handsome bloke with his zits.... LOL
Jeeepers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2007, 10:18 PM   #4
kremmen

rimmer was ace.
Old 22-09-2007, 11:17 PM   #5
the_scotsman
MY21.5 Mustang GT

so was "Ace Rimmer" ! lol..he was a champion...Brittas Empire wasn't bad, but Red Dwarf was brilliant!
Old 22-09-2007, 11:19 PM   #6
Kryton

ahhhh, the good old days, where TV was worth watching.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2007, 12:28 AM   #7
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Red Dwarf was good yes I must admit. But for some reason Brittas Empire really appealed to me.

HAHA, whilst Carole was out having councilling, one of the staff was looking after her baby but left him in the ladys changerooms so Mr Brittas asked Colin to go in there, get the baby and put it back in the bottom draw. Colin did this but took an English/african baby out of a pram and placed it in the draw. THEN Carols estranged husband returns to try and get her back whilst Carole is out and Mr Brittas sees him in the foyer and says "You havent met the baby yet have you? go on, have a look in the bottom draw!" LOL anyway, Carol returns all dolled up after hearing he is back for her but her husband calls her a bastard and storms out. So, of course Carole starts crying again.
Funny stuff.

Click here to see my ute
fordOwner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2007, 12:14 PM   #8
kremmen

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_scotsman
so was "Ace Rimmer" ! lol..he was a champion...Brittas Empire wasn't bad, but Red Dwarf was brilliant!

I'm glad someone got it!!!