Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 12-10-2007, 11:38 AM   #1
XPcoupe
The Grand Prix

Default Post Bathurst - Top of the mountain.

It would be great to see waht every thought of the new rules at the top of the moutain after the weekend. I know every one was not impress with the 1 slab a day rule before the weekend. but I am interest to see what people have to say after the weekend.

Bright Green XP Coupe
9" 3.55 LSD, C10 and mild 302 Windsor

Cruizing the roads 70's style
XPcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2007, 01:28 PM   #2
XAGSV8
Member 178

Hey XPcoupe, this one is similar.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...5&page=5&pp=25
XAGSV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2007, 05:33 PM   #3
SHIFTN
CL&JW BATHURST CHAMPS!

i got told by a cop they are going to try and stop all alcohol being brought in next year. licensed only

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx3dude
geeves can you pass the toothpicks please, i have some rice stuck between my teeth.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by irwley93
Holden made the decision to make thier utes for pretty boys years ago. Wannabe tradesman drive them. If my son came home and told me he bought a holden ute I would struggle to come to grips with the fact he is a homosexual.
SHIFTN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2007, 08:55 PM   #4
nobbystang

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHIFTN
i got told by a cop they are going to try and stop all alcohol being brought in next year. licensed only
with a HUGE mark up???

Previous:
2011 SZ Territory Titanium
2008 Ford Edge AWD Limited
Silhouette BF XR6, ZF Auto
White EF GLi, XR look alike
VH Commodore
nobbystang is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2007, 09:06 PM   #5
SHIFTN
CL&JW BATHURST CHAMPS!

maybe.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx3dude
geeves can you pass the toothpicks please, i have some rice stuck between my teeth.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by irwley93
Holden made the decision to make thier utes for pretty boys years ago. Wannabe tradesman drive them. If my son came home and told me he bought a holden ute I would struggle to come to grips with the fact he is a homosexual.
SHIFTN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2007, 09:08 PM   #6
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

as soon as you get moderated booze @ venues for motorsport the better.

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2007, 02:10 AM   #7
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHIFTN
Even though I haven't been to Bathurst and don't drink, if this rumour is true, that totally sucks because it smells of wheeling and dealing between V8 Supercars and the liquor industry getting together to figure out how to make the fans spend more of their hard earned for less grog. It appears it has nothing to do with reducing consumption, just increasing profits.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2007, 08:33 PM   #8
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobbystang
with a HUGE mark up???
Just like Summernats in Canberra

But come on, whats with grown men crying just cause they cant get tanked, is that what bathurst is, the alcohol, you cant have fun without alcohol, what a joke!!!!

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2007, 11:11 PM   #9
ingall9

I have been going to bathurst since i was a kid (now 27), i dont drink, but have nothing against those who do, and think that its about time. Having said this those who want to drink shouldnt be ripped off either, if the prices are fair then i cant see a problem with it, but if people have to pay $5 for s stubbie then its not really fair to force people to have to spend a fortune. On every occasion i have been there are always dozens of people passed out in the grass or in seats next to the track, i cant see why people would pay the amount you are charged to get into bathurst to get so plastered they miss the race.
ingall9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post