Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-11-2007, 06:27 AM   #1
on1wheel
Starter Motor

Default NA fairlane limousine help

hey all
was wondering if anybody could help me out on a few things.
was thinking of buying a limo business thats for sale
the car is a na fairlane 1990 model
it had its head replaced two years ago (or recond)
do they have alot of trouble with the 4lt engine and what else should i look out for.
thanks in advance

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6small.jpg (9.3 KB, 95 views)
on1wheel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2007, 07:27 AM   #2
broken_suave
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

All types of engines have their troubles, but in general, the 4.0L engine is a pretty good work horse. Its not uncommon for them to keep on working without major incident well beyond the 500,000km mark. Unless the service history shows excessive maintenance, or insufficient maintenance, I wouldn't be concerned. Have a look on the E-Series threads for specifics, probably a better place to ask. But my initial response would be to not worry that its had a head done. Ask some old cabbies about the early E-Series sixes, they're often a wealth of knowledge. I'd be more concerned about wheel bearings, suspension rubbers and springs, with the increased weight of the car. A mechanic would also be another person to talk to for advice.

Previously:
98 AU Futura 4.0 - Wildcat Extractors, 200cpsi Stainless Cat, Custom 2.5" Mandrel Bent Exhaust, Tickford Snorkel, Fram 'Airhog' Panel Filter - Daily

79 P6 LTD Silver Monarch - Project
broken_suave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2007, 07:57 AM   #3
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The 4 liter head is a hell of a lot better than what was previously in it (3.9).
ILLaViTaR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2007, 02:08 PM   #4
on1wheel
Starter Motor

thanks guys will post in the e series as well
on1wheel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post