Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-01-2008, 10:56 PM   #1
SVTVNM
Guzzler

Default Has anyone had this happen to them?

Down chapel street the other day and as we are all familiar with motorbikes coming through traffic an pulling up infront of you at lights. This is not a problem, most guys who do this get of the mark and a pretty quick. I had this freek on a scooter do this, WTF? I was in the mustang so I gave it a quick stab with the left foot to about 5000rpm and as soon as the lights went green he moved to the left.

SVTVNM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2008, 11:00 PM   #2
Powdered Toast Man
Professional Mouse Jockey

How'd you manage to hit the accellerator with the left foot with the right foot on the brake???

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. Groucho Marx
Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2008, 11:10 PM   #3
Bobman
Regulator

Saw a Dominos scooter tail gating a car in Fitzroy Street, St Kilda. He nearly ran into the car at least three times when it braked.

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Bobman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2008, 11:25 PM   #4
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yer that p!55's me right of and it doesnt have to be a scooter can be a small motor bike , postie or whatever and they come up front and then go slow but thing they are these super bikes gettin of at the lights
when they shouldve stayed where the were when they joined the line up

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
wodahs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2008, 11:32 PM   #5
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powdered Toast Man
How'd you manage to hit the accellerator with the left foot with the right foot on the brake???
This guy has some damn fancy footwork

The car is probably left hand drive (Assuming the Pedals are different too)
Daymoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2008, 11:34 PM   #6
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

cause they can
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2008, 01:15 AM   #7
FPV70

Posties do it cause they have a job to do which can be annoying to motorists but usually we get moving quite well once the bike is going.
I can not however understand why a scooter would do it.
Old 19-01-2008, 09:56 AM   #8
dave289
Banned

not long ago i took the 67 xr for a run.i was aproaching a set of lights with three lanes .the two outside lanes were blocked so i went to the inside lane to get the jump on the other two lanes of traffic and pulled up level with the other two front runners on my right.as i was waiting for the lights to change a pushbike rider comes ands stops directly in the middle of the front of my car.i said "get out of the road mate you are blocking my car".he then told me how he has right to use the road la de da de da.i then told him "to get the f out of my road "and revved the engine which sounds like thunderdome.he soon got off his bike and put it on curb while i took off unobstructed.who do these dopes think they are.i dont mess them around so dont mess me around.if you cant keep up with traffic you are obstructing the road which is against the law so "GET OFF".
dave289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2008, 10:03 AM   #9
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lol scooters - some of them are actually pretty nippy, most of them are actually pretty gay.
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2008, 10:12 AM   #10
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cnr Swan & Church St's in Richmond.
It was a rainy day and the dropkick decides to come around the right hand side of the truck so he could get in front. The lights change to green and i start to roll forward and as he tried to cut in front of me his bike slipped on the tram tracks and down he went right in front of me.
Get out the cab to see if he's alright and "he" turned out to be a she who could'nt lift the bike back up. It was then that i saw the L plate and i said i hope you have learned your lesson. I picked the bike up and wheeled it to the kerb and left her there to gather her thoughts.
Hopefully it will have sunk in. I think she was embarrassed more than anything as there were lots & lots of people around.
Pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2008, 10:18 AM   #11
xw383

My daily transport is a 4WD with a big steel bullbar. Generally they move quite quickly. lol.

Pushbikes on the other hand, dont pay rego, ride dangerously 2 or more abreast which is illegal, don't always abide by the road rules yet get very aggresive when they are asked to move to the side of the road please. I don't have much respect for them as they are a real danger to many road users trying to avoid them. If they rode in single file no problems on my behalf but they don't.
xw383 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2008, 10:58 AM   #12
EL XR8

I used to be a bit of a bike rider, but am too lazy these days. They are a pain in the *** these days.
But they are legally allowed to ride 2 abreast, unless they're on double white lines.
Even when there's only one rider, they still make you have to move across into the lane next to you. They may as well just take up the centre of that lane anyway.
EL XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2008, 11:47 AM   #13
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL XR8
Even when there's only one rider, they still make you have to move across into the lane next to you. They may as well just take up the centre of that lane anyway.
They do this so that drivers don't squeeze them off the road. When my car got wrecked by some old fool, I had to ride everywhere and I tried to ride to the side of the road taking up as little room as possible. Every single car tried to run me off the road even though my tyres were at the part where the gutter meets the road. If I ever have to ride now, I'll make cars move to another lane to get around me so I don't get run off the road, get my bike clipped, and most likely killed by idiot drivers who think they are superior.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2008, 11:49 AM   #14
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL XR8
I used to be a bit of a bike rider, but am too lazy these days. They are a pain in the *** these days.
But they are legally allowed to ride 2 abreast, unless they're on double white lines.
No I think they changed the laws about sharing lanes so it is now illegal.

When riding a bike in town I try not do anything stupid. Especially traffic light battles as you will get some to$$ in a ricer who will try and race you and nearly run over you.
sleekism is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2008, 11:50 AM   #15
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Oh Classic

I had someone do the exact same thing, except the blow off valve on the TS 50 was just to the rear of him, 23 psi on blow off made him lay down skids marks in his dacks, he moved quickly as well.

Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2008, 12:00 PM   #16
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Its not such a big hassle really.
The only time it annoy's me,is when you have to over take the same bike rider 3 or 4 times because he pulls in front on the left at every set of lights..
nugget378 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2008, 12:20 PM   #17
EF Futura 07
14.915 @ 151 KPH

what really gets up my nerves is when they get in front @ a set of lights, then take off slower than the car next to me :

EL XR Front, 16 inch Tickford's, Superlow's Front/Rear with Monroe GT Sport's : , XR6T Snorkle/Fram Filter, 4499's/Hi Flow Cat/2.5 inch Redback, 4.11's/LSD, 5% Tint, Sony Head Unit/ 6 1/2 Inch 190w Speaker's
: 14.915 @ 151 kph 60' 2.254 :
EF Futura 07 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2008, 12:30 PM   #18
XBROO
Obsessed with wheels

Yeah some push bike riders do think they on the road. I don't care about the laws as far as I'm concerned they don't pay rego so they shouldn't have a bad additude when ask to move over. There have been a couple of times that I've cop abuse from sponsored up pushie riders, but soon change their tune when I pull up the road and get out the car to give them a slap. Like not all are Idiots but its the ones that ride in the middle of the road when they could easierly move accross to the road edge where theres enough room for a car to park. Its just plain rude, either peddle at 60kph or move over simple as that. :
XBROO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2008, 01:18 PM   #19
Stoney!
Happy Volkswagen owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave289
not long ago i took the 67 xr for a run.i was aproaching a set of lights with three lanes .the two outside lanes were blocked so i went to the inside lane to get the jump on the other two lanes of traffic and pulled up level with the other two front runners on my right.as i was waiting for the lights to change a pushbike rider comes ands stops directly in the middle of the front of my car.i said "get out of the road mate you are blocking my car".he then told me how he has right to use the road la de da de da.i then told him "to get the f out of my road "and revved the engine which sounds like thunderdome.he soon got off his bike and put it on curb while i took off unobstructed.who do these dopes think they are.i dont mess them around so dont mess me around.if you cant keep up with traffic you are obstructing the road which is against the law so "GET OFF".
Push bike riders are the worst, the thing I hate most is when I'm drivin a bus down pittwater road in lane 2 and the bike rider will be in lane one, then next thing there will be a parked car, and with out even looking they'll wizz straight into lane 2... and SO MANY of them do it. They have a death wish I sware, sure they have a right to their own lane but they also need to follow the road rules as we do as well.

Stoney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04redxr8
Holden are kicking the enemy when they are down. Trouble is Ford seems to lay down a lot.
Stoney! is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2008, 02:00 PM   #20
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Im pretty sure the pedals in a LHD car are the same as in a RHD??
Old 19-01-2008, 02:05 PM   #21
the_scotsman
MY21.5 Mustang GT

lol yea...pedals dont get reversed on left hand drive cars...rofl
Old 19-01-2008, 02:06 PM   #22
irlewy86
Meep Meep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xw383
My daily transport is a 4WD with a big steel bullbar. Generally they move quite quickly. lol.

Pushbikes on the other hand, dont pay rego, ride dangerously 2 or more abreast which is illegal, don't always abide by the road rules yet get very aggresive when they are asked to move to the side of the road please. I don't have much respect for them as they are a real danger to many road users trying to avoid them. If they rode in single file no problems on my behalf but they don't.

2 abreast is legal and they are a legitimate road vehice despite what you might think.

How many threads do we have open on this subject now?
Old 19-01-2008, 10:57 PM   #23
dave289
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by irlewy86
2 abreast is legal and they are a legitimate road vehice despite what you might think.
Obstructing traffic is not legal and thats exactly what there doing despite what you might think, not to mention being a danger to everyone else on the road but mainly to themselves.absolute brainiacs,no wonder they get killed with the attitude that some of them have.
How many threads do we have open on this subject now?
Obviously not enough to get the message through,i am still dealing with absolute fools and unfortunately this is not restricted to bike riders.
dave289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2008, 11:03 PM   #24
SVTVNM
Guzzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powdered Toast Man
I was stopped at the lights so I was in nuetral, what did you guys think I was doing?
Old 19-01-2008, 11:05 PM   #25
SVTVNM
Guzzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave289
Obviously not enough to get the message through,i am still dealing with absolute fools and unfortunately this is not restricted to bike riders.

Usually my GF has to calm me down when we come across bike riders because the smart @#$% ones really drive me nuts. If they would just obey the rules it would be fine.
Old 20-01-2008, 12:15 AM   #26
Powdered Toast Man
Professional Mouse Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVNM
I was stopped at the lights so I was in nuetral, what did you guys think I was doing?
Still doesn't sound easy. Wouldn't it have been easier to put the handbrake on and use the right foot
I'm not poking holes in your story, I was just picturing getting my left foot over my right foot on the brake pedal to hit the accellerator :

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sFTW
Nah, it's a 99 'stang in his sig and avatar so legally it has to be right hand drive. The pedals are exactly the same on a left hand drive as a right hand drive car including the RHS offset, only it's to the centre of the car instead of the outside.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. Groucho Marx
Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2008, 11:26 AM   #27
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sFTW
This guy has some damn fancy footwork

you're kidding right ... of course the pedals aren't different.

accelerator is always on the right
Old 20-01-2008, 12:26 PM   #28
SVTVNM
Guzzler

bugger! I just realised wht the problem is, Maybe next time I should proof read a bit more carefully. It is meant to write, right foot, SORRY!!
Old 20-01-2008, 01:18 PM   #29
irish2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBROO
Yeah some push bike riders do think they on the road. I don't care about the laws as far as I'm concerned they don't pay rego so they shouldn't have a bad additude when ask to move over. There have been a couple of times that I've cop abuse from sponsored up pushie riders, but soon change their tune when I pull up the road and get out the car to give them a slap. Like not all are Idiots but its the ones that ride in the middle of the road when they could easierly move accross to the road edge where theres enough room for a car to park. Its just plain rude, either peddle at 60kph or move over simple as that. :
I sure as hell know I wouldn't want to see you get out of the XB with an angry look on your face.
irish2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2008, 02:05 PM   #30
XCSEDAN
i'm baaaack....

suzuki make a 600cc scooter.... dont think you would have an issue with one of them :P
dad was also telling (works at suzuki head office) that they might be bringing out a superscooter!! WTF?????? 1000+cc on a SCOOTER!!!!???? gotta be crazy!
XCSEDAN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post