Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 20-04-2008, 09:20 PM   #1
RiGo
Starter Motor

Default Hello from new Fiesta owner

Hello everyone,

I've just bought an 06 Fiesta Ghia. I was gonna buy an LX but I couldn't pass up this one as it was truly a steal, it's decked out with a whole bunch of factory options and with only 5,000km it's almost new. I also love the tan interior and the fact that it's pretty rare.

Anyway... I want to do only two things to the car: lower it and fit 17" wheels.

I have my heart set on the 17" MP3s but I have no idea where to get them from so I was hoping to get some advice on where to find a set as Ford new prices are a joke. Failing that, I also like the XR4 wheels (I don't know what they're called) but they are also very expensive.

Alternatively, does anyone have any 17" wheels for sale?

And about the lowering, are there any local options or are the Eibach springs the best way to go?

Here are a couple of pics... they are pretty crappy but that's all I have at the moment. I'll put up a few more next weekend.

Looking forward to your replies!

RiGo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2008, 09:38 PM   #2
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Welcome, very nice buy you got there, I love the Sea Grey colour as well.

King Springs are fine for the models with the 1.6L engine or you could go for the Eibach's from European Parts, wouldn't cost you much more but you will need PayPal set up to purchase them.

Iv'e had both sets, I had the Kings in my Zetec and now have the Eibach's in the XR4.
Both are fine although I think the Kings made the car a little more "bouncy" than the Eibach's do.

To get Eibach's sent Sea Freight might take a couple of months, I got mine sent Air Freight as I couldn't be bothered waiting, took a little over a week to arrive, cost me $340 delivered to my local Post Office, just had to go down and pick them up, absolutely no problems with Euro Parts, couldn't recommend them highly enough.

These are the ones you would need for the WQ Ghia, looks like they would only cost you $193 Australian plus shipping/air freight, that's pretty cheap, dollars a bit stronger now than when I got mine.... :

http://www.european-parts.net/catalo...roducts_id=729
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2008, 09:49 PM   #3
RiGo
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjh80
King Springs are fine for the models with the 1.6L engine or you could go for the Eibach's from European Parts, wouldn't cost you much more but you will need PayPal set up to purchase them.

Iv'e had both sets, I had the Kings in my Zetec and now have the Eibach's in the XR4.
Both are fine although I think the Kings made the car a little more "bouncy" than the Eibach's do.
Hi Rob,

Yeah, I've been thinking of getting the Eibachs but if I can find a cheaper local alternative, I'd rather get those. How much bouncier were the Kings? I don't want a really rough ride. I know the Eibachs are already somewhat stiffer and I'd be happy with a slightly firmer ride, but not overly.

Would u have any pics of your car with both the Eibachs and Kings or either one?
Old 21-04-2008, 12:11 PM   #4
RJO89
EuroFordClub

Don't even think about a local Eibach supplier. I got quoted (for a focus) $605.00 SUPPLY ONLY, then add the installation cost from whoever you want to put them on (the supplier won't do it). I'm looking at ordering some Eibachs from EP (european-parts) soon too. Maybe we could put it in a group buy to save on shipping?? I'm pretty sure we can tell Sascha (the guy who runs EP) to ship them to different addresses. I believe this has been done in the past with no hassles. I'll email him first though if you're up for it. We can actually save a fair bit of money with a group buy, so I'll make a new thread about it.

Far from stock... --- SOLD :

Now riding a 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R :
RJO89 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2008, 06:35 PM   #5
RiGo
Starter Motor

I'm up for a group buy!
Old 21-04-2008, 07:14 PM   #6
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiGo
Would u have any pics of your car with both the Eibachs and Kings or either one?
King Springs

Eibach's

Really nothing between them height wise, I just remember the Kings being slightly more "bouncy" somehow compared to the Eibach's,

Considering they are going to cost about the same you may as well just go for the Eibach's in my opinion and be done with it, at least you know then that you've got the best there is.

Remember though that the Eibach Springs for the 1.6L models are a different part number to the springs for the 2.0L and Diesel models Fiestas.
The ones for the 2.0L and Diesels are a heavier grade spring to support the extra weight in those engines.
Dont forget to order the right ones.
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2008, 05:37 PM   #7
RiGo
Starter Motor

Thanks for that Rob. I'm buying a set of Eibachs.