Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 08-08-2007, 11:09 PM   #1
tuffnc
aka SHY4D aka Patty

Default Calder park

just wondering....hopefully in the next 2-3 weeks, i wanna go run the car at calder and it will be my first appearence. So my questions are.....do i need to do anything before hand like legalities, forms and stuff. I know i need a helmet but is there anything else i need to know before i go....

Thanks

Patty

tuffnc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2007, 11:50 PM   #2
t2te50
Banned

just strap a coke can to your overflow and don't have any loose items in vehicle. Helmet would also help.
t2te50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2007, 12:50 AM   #3
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've never really fully understood what an overflow tank is. Is that the nozzle coming out of your coolant header tank? (not the ones that go into the radiator)

Mine has never had anything attached to it but they still let me run?

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2007, 01:48 AM   #4
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullthrottle
I've never really fully understood what an overflow tank is. Is that the nozzle coming out of your coolant header tank? (not the ones that go into the radiator)

Mine has never had anything attached to it but they still let me run?
At the top of the coolant bottle you'll see a pipe (about 1/2 a cm thick) running down the side of the engine bay. It just allows any extra coolant to overflow onto the ground if theres too much coolant in it.
You just need to pull the hose up and run it into a coke bottle that is strapped in. It's only there to catch coolant so it dosent end up on the track.

I wouldn't mind going to Calder for a run, but I need two new tyres for the back first.
Old 09-08-2007, 05:17 PM   #5
tuffnc
aka SHY4D aka Patty

too easy...also i wanna get some 15x8s, but im unsure what tyres will get under the arches......235s, 245s or 255's?
Old 09-08-2007, 05:57 PM   #6
frd_crzer
:D:D

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffnc
too easy...also i wanna get some 15x8s, but im unsure what tyres will get under the arches......235s, 245s or 255's?
235 will fit under the arches
Old 09-08-2007, 07:38 PM   #7
tuffnc
aka SHY4D aka Patty

Quote:
Originally Posted by frd_crzer
235 will fit under the arches
thats what i thought...thanks
Old 12-08-2007, 11:22 AM   #8
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

You can go wider than that, I have a 245 under the back and I've heard of people having wider than that again.
Old 12-08-2007, 12:31 PM   #9
MADED-6
MADED.6

yeah i got 245's on mine and i recon i could go 265's or wider under the back the front is a different story though.
cheers josh.
MADED-6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2007, 12:45 PM   #10
bentles
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADED-6
yeah i got 245's on mine and i recon i could go 265's or wider under the back the front is a different story though.
cheers josh.
thinner at the front the better for calder, less drag as you go down the strip long as you can stop at the end lol
bentles is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2007, 07:46 PM   #11
tuffnc
aka SHY4D aka Patty

well the guy at ttf said we'll just try to see what fits, said he'll try 265s...upfront i'm just gonna put 15x6..205s
Old 20-08-2007, 07:58 PM   #12
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

20 plus of the AFF boys are going to Calder to run on 24/08/2007 see thread Calder Park 24/08/2007 (Falcon NIght)

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2007, 08:50 PM   #13
SB4
E-Series Member

Also depends on how low your car is. In order to fit 255's on the rear of my ED with superlows, i had to have the gaurds lipped. But if your car is a 4wd, you shouldn't have any problems.
Old 21-08-2007, 03:00 AM   #14
Mr_4.0
What Wheelspin?

hey patty, are u puttin on welds or centerlines or somethin? 15x6 front and 15x8 rear...... sounds like drag wheels to me. if so, i wana see a pic.

also, when you decide to go up, let me know. i'd be keen to go myself. havent run mine down the quarter. only the 1/8th.

2003 BA Xr6 Turbo (Atomic Long, DTM auto, Nizpro stage2 kit, eaton truetrac, E85, HeadsexTuned)
Mr_4.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post