Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 16-07-2008, 05:19 PM   #1
TOASTED
JMM modded EF

Default What do u LOVE most about the e series

well im dissapointed in myself. i started a thread "what do u hate most bout the e series" and didnt even consider one that was the opposite : , which as true e series fans i believe should be more popular.

ill start.

i love the appearence of my ef. i love the mean look from the front,(its lowered and a fairmont so it DOES look mean) and i love the shape of the rear bumber. i love the 4.0L OHC sticker which goes so well on the gunmetal grey.

I love the sound too. with the JMM cam and portnpolished head with the 2.5" exhaust it sounds so incredibly LUMPY people (who musnt know much about cars) mistake it for a v8 (fools!)

i will inevitably think of other stuff

GO THE E SERIES!!!!! : : : : :

Guess the alcohol tax is turning people to mind altering drugs.
I drive : A heavily modified EF Fairmont with a JMM dev5 cam, worked head, 3.5" mandrel bent intake, exhaust, and a few other bits n pieces like a stally etc.

"She goes like a zirtek"

WANT A FAST FORD RING THIS BLOKE V V

Abbott Engines for HeadWork
20 years experience
PH Rob on (07) 5526 3883
TOASTED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2008, 05:46 PM   #2
EBTom
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I love the shape of the early E-series cars. I remember seeing an EBGT and what was probably an XR8 Sprint at an All Ford Day when I was little. That sold it for me.
And although they're not terribly reliable, they are good for someone on a budget.
RWD, I6 or V8, easily converted to gas, cheap to buy car, cheap to buy parts, every mechanic knows their way around one.
They have their frustrating points but overall a good car and much better than a commondore of the same year and price ( My GF has a VN V6, her mum had a VS, neither impressed me).

Former Rides:
EB1 FAIRMONT – 4.0, A4, FULL EXHAUST, WADE 1004, TIP J3, 18” BA XR8’S, SUPERLOWS, SPRINT KIT,
AU1 FAIRMONT GHIA – 5.0, A4, 3" CATBACK, 20" VERSUS WRAITH, ULTRALOWS, TICKFORD & MOMO GOODIES
EBTom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2008, 06:03 PM   #3
Dezza
Parts bin special

I love the price, the interchangability of parts between models, and the fact nobody ever expects an EA to have performance, particularly the police! With the manual, the thing is a rocket. I reckon for an 18 year old car (with a design that's even older), it still looks good.

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2008, 07:30 PM   #4
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

I love the faces of fellow XR club members when my $10K e series just flogged their new F6 and GT's arround queensland raceway!!!!

Old 16-07-2008, 07:59 PM   #5
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegabass
I love the faces of fellow XR club members when my $10K e series just flogged their new F6 and GT's arround queensland raceway!!!!
lol now that would of been funny to see

Some of it must of been the driver as everyone can buy a fast car not not everyone can race a fast car................lol
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2008, 08:19 PM   #6
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

I guess so, I was 5th fastest over the day from memory. and that was on warm up session. I would of loved to be timed later on in the day!
Old 16-07-2008, 08:41 PM   #7
1FLYRYD
Boost Cruisin'

well i rekon they are quite reliable, but i like the shape, they go well, very cheap to mod, and nothing is more awsome then an e-series thats slammed in the weeds with huge wheels loks awsome
1988 EA falcon, 20inch dark agents, cyprus blue, ED XR front, full EF fairmont interior conversion, built AU motor with modded BA turbo pistons, AiResearch T04, Snort manifold & 4inch dump, 50mm Synapse external gate, custom stainless 3inch exhaust & cooler piping, Synapse BOV, SMT8 piggy back, lowered on king sl's and ultima shocks, full noleathane bushings
1FLYRYD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2008, 08:46 PM   #8
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

i like that you can sell them, and move into something else. Nah i'm kidding i've owned 4 e series and i've liked all of them. I still say the EL Ghia is the best looking fairmont ghia ever created, so we'll say that i like that.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2008, 08:54 PM   #9
BIGJB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I may have upgraded to an Au but I still believe the Eb wagon was one of the tuffest cars I have ever owned. It was an absolute weapon and they look HORN.
They were one of the hottest looking cars Ford built since the Xe.
BIGJB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2008, 09:09 PM   #10
fourlitre

I love the fact you can leave your EA with the windows down and the keys in the ignition at Werribee Plaza and be sure that nobody will bother stealing it.
fourlitre is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2008, 09:36 PM   #11
LowEL2XR8
Mr Impulsive

I love the fact my EL XR8 now puts out 263hp at the rears using all Ford parts.
Love the EL XR shape its probably the best shape out for a Ford.
Interchangeable with EF EL Fairmont interiors.
They are relatively inexpensive to buy and mod to beyond newer model power.
The shape is fantastic. Got it all right with that design.
Don't use much fuel
The shape is pleasing to the eye.
Easy to maintain yourself cause none have warranty anymore
The shape.
Tickford XR kit on the late ELs gives an understated refined sport look.
When lowered with 17's or 18's the shape/stance looks great.
Old 16-07-2008, 09:51 PM   #12
naughtyfalcon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i like the look of the early e series,not fussed on the ef and el's,once the bugs are sorted they are a reliable vehicle,fun to fix up so long as you don't touch the engine or engine bay.

we've had our ea for about 5 years and she's only let us down 3 times,the dizzy module twice in an hour and the fuel pump.things that will effect most vehicles over its life time.

comfortable on long trips and i like my cruise control,would be lost with out it.
Old 16-07-2008, 10:17 PM   #13
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourlitre
I love the fact you can leave your EA with the windows down and the keys in the ignition at Werribee Plaza and be sure that nobody will bother stealing it.
hahaah!
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2008, 10:49 PM   #14
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

I love my E-Series because i do. Simple as that. It is a beautiful car to drive.
It has it's fault's but so do'es my AU.

Nostalgia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2008, 10:53 PM   #15
BaYa
Just Cruzing

I absolutely love my EL XR6, they just have that stance about them especial when the clean and lowered onto some nice rims. by far one of the best shapes of cars, just need to make some more power

MOD'S
Herrod Extractors & Redback exhaust
lowered
Au xr6 rims

Successful Trades with:BradensEBxr6, snypereb, EDXR6T, ORSMF6
Old 16-07-2008, 10:57 PM   #16
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourlitre
lol. Yeah nobody want an EA anymore!

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
Old 16-07-2008, 11:02 PM   #17
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezza!
lol. Yeah nobody want an EA anymore!
We love em still Dezza !
Old 17-07-2008, 02:38 AM   #18
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by NostalgEA
We love em still Dezza !
I have a love hate relationship with mine. On the weekend it was definitely more hate than love. Sitting around for an hour and a half for a tow truck because of a dead alternator, on a cold night, with nothing to keep me occupied is not exactly my idea of fun.

Old 17-07-2008, 08:23 AM   #19
Rob
Living the dream

Yeah.. I have a love hate relationship with the ED.

I do love how simple they are to mod though, and how cheap to fix and maintain. Parts are easy to come by too.

AU motors fit.... thats a big one
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2008, 09:27 AM   #20
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

I'm another with a love/hate relationship with my car! Normally it depends on how she's running at the time. If she's running like crap I hate her, so I go down the carwash, clean her right up which seems to make her happy, then she drives smooth and powerful which makes me love her again!

Love how you can put most of the EF/EL gear on the earlier models. Love how the engine bay comes up with the I6 after hiding the wires, new bottles and painting a few things. Love the look of them all except EA bonnets and C pillar vents! And love how the motor comes to life with only a few things done, thermo fans, exhaust, extractors, CAI and bigger cam.
Old 17-07-2008, 11:24 AM   #21
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradensEBxr6
Love the look of them all except EA bonnets and C pillar vents!
:( they're not that bad

Old 17-07-2008, 11:26 AM   #22
1FLYRYD
Boost Cruisin'

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradensEBxr6

Love the look of them all except EA bonnets and C pillar vents!
Thats why i got rid of mine
1988 EA falcon, 20inch dark agents, cyprus blue, ED XR front, full EF fairmont interior conversion, built AU motor with modded BA turbo pistons, AiResearch T04, Snort manifold & 4inch dump, 50mm Synapse external gate, custom stainless 3inch exhaust & cooler piping, Synapse BOV, SMT8 piggy back, lowered on king sl's and ultima shocks, full noleathane bushings
1FLYRYD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2008, 11:30 AM   #23
Dezza
Parts bin special

I must admit the EB bonnet looks a lot better but I like the vents

Old 17-07-2008, 12:08 PM   #24
Gohan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i love the fact that u can cruise in comfort in like a Falcon or a Fairmont not like Commodore (feels like a go kart), engine dosent seem fussed doin 150 down the freeway, interchangeblity with other E series, power there to get out of truble if it came, easy to pull apart!
Old 17-07-2008, 07:54 PM   #25
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

That its not a Holden

I wanted a Luxury 4 Door Sedan and have a choice out of the Calais or the Fairmont - i chose the Fairmont as the Calais interior looked like it was made out of Lego Blocks
Old 17-07-2008, 10:16 PM   #26
mark_TD
XR6 Turbo FTW

I have 2 eseries. My Daily which is a 93 EB2 which is very relaible yet she love pain rather than love and a 95 DF2 LTD which I rather look at lol. I drive the EB 98% of the time as it is on gas and is more reliable that the LTD IMO. I love the fact that I give my EB hell and she wants more and never breaks down where most other e series would. Both cars have had only 1 previous owners and both had lows kms. I got the EB with only 114,000kms back in November 06 and it now has 170,000kms today with the original head gasket even has the factory barcode still on the brake booster/ head. The only problem it has had is the radiator otherwise she is all good. I got the LTD back in November 05 with 149,000kms as an upgrade from my 87 XF Ghia which was also a good car but a big step up. The LTD has had a few problems but nothing major. It sits in the garage under a car cover untill there is a special event on. EG. Photo shoot/ car displays/ major cruise. It was my daily until I got the EB. It now has 190,000kms and has been like that for almost a year LOL.
Blueprint, 19" FG2 XR6 Luxo Rims, Momo Steering Wheel, XR8 Bonnet Buldge, Full Leather, 3.7 Typhoon Diff Gears, Force Lip Spoiler, De-badged, Ghia Boot Garnish, Pedders Adjustable Coil- Overs And Camber Kit

96 EL XR6 - (Daily)
Gunmetal Grey, 19" Typhoon Copies, Tickford Body Kit, Pedders Sports Ryders With Shortened Shocks And Camber Kit, Full S/S Difilipo Exhaust With Matching Extractors

mark_TD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2008, 10:57 PM   #27
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_TD
I have 2 eseries. My Daily which is a 93 EB2 which is very relaible yet she love pain rather than love and a 95 DF2 LTD which I rather look at lol. I drive the EB 98% of the time as it is on gas and is more reliable that the LTD IMO. I love the fact that I give my EB hell and she wants more and never breaks down where most other e series would. Both cars have had only 1 previous owners and both had lows kms. I got the EB with only 114,000kms back in November 06 and it now has 170,000kms today with the original head gasket even has the factory barcode still on the brake booster/ head. The only problem it has had is the radiator otherwise she is all good. I got the LTD back in November 05 with 149,000kms as an upgrade from my 87 XF Ghia which was also a good car but a big step up. The LTD has had a few problems but nothing major. It sits in the garage under a car cover untill there is a special event on. EG. Photo shoot/ car displays/ major cruise. It was my daily until I got the EB. It now has 190,000kms and has been like that for almost a year LOL.
Sounds to me like your LTD = Pimpmobile And why not. :
Old 26-07-2008, 02:48 PM   #28
vermiltina
Custom e-series owner

i love the ease of modification that can be done and the interchangeable parts from later model e-series....i just love to drive my EA after driving other cars i am always looking forward to drive the ea, just find it better than others...
the shape of the e-series are great, as well as the room they have in them.
fresh paint, 20 inch chrome wheels, ed xr front, scorcher body kit, ef/el mirrors and door trims, UPC 330mm twin piston big brakes, manual, front adjustable coil overs, 2.5 inch exhaust, twin thermos etc etc
**atomic built 660kw AU engine being fitted**
vermiltina is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2008, 10:23 PM   #29
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

That they keep on going and going and going - unless your a burnout hero.......lol
Old 30-07-2008, 02:18 AM   #30
H4ZE
Cannonballin'.

The E-Series has a form of attraction never seen in any other run of car.
Take me, for example...
It was some years ago since I left the camp, selling my old DC LTD. I loved that car (and Braden, I'm sure you remember that car and I'd like to think it was an influence on you) and I cried the day it left my company off with someone else driving. I vowed to one day get another LTD of similar vintage, and finish off what I wanted to do with one. Sure, the B-Series are great... but they're poorly finished and customising them usually means fitting an FPV kit- gets boring seeing the same thing over and over. And I miss the beautiful noise of an EFI Windsor under noise... Heaven to the ears.
Now that the BA's up for sale, I'd like nothing more to get back into the car that started my customising experience. It's going to happen, and this time around I'm holding onto this one!
See you all in E-Series country soon!

Cheers
Ben
Sold: 1991 LTD
H4ZE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post