Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 25-12-2008, 12:51 PM   #1
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default servos out of fuel?

just went to fill up the falcon and in the 10k radius around our joint there are a few stations, a BP, Mobil, Caltex and Shell, all of them are either running out or out of fuel, all of them have no 95 or 98, only one or two pumps still running with 91, whats the go?

also its back up to $1 a litre..love to know how people are gonna travel without petrol available?

anyone else suffering the same problems?

GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2008, 12:54 PM   #2
FPV 5TH

I had the same thing at a BP here in Adelaide yesterday. No 98 and no Diesel
FPV 5TH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2008, 12:54 PM   #3
Marduk
BFII XR6

Yeah I saw this on the news the other day but my petrol station I use had enough PULP for me so I saw no shortage when I filled up on Tuesday. I'm in Victoria though. Probably a totally different situation in QLD.
Old 25-12-2008, 01:00 PM   #4
Mark^^
Two-Spirits

There was an issue with a major fault with a Qld refinery which has stopped all production just before Christmas, I forget all the details but it was reported there would be a major shortage of petrol in Qld.

Check out the news websites for details.
Mark^^ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2008, 01:03 PM   #5
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark^^
There was an issue with a major fault with a Qld refinery which has stopped all production just before Christmas, I forget all the details but it was reported there would be a major shortage of petrol in Qld.

Check out the news websites for details.

found it, there was a fire at a Caltex refinery in Brissy which had to shut down so as a result that bumped up demand at the others running them dry as well.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...26-952,00.html
Old 25-12-2008, 01:05 PM   #6
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

its all a scam, they make it look like petrol is running out so they can force the price up for xmas, then there will be another truck load and say that it cost them heaps to get and the price increase is justified

they said yesterday in the townsville newspaper that fuel was going to increase to over $1 again and motorists should fill up, i thought that was illegal, but i bought a few jerry cans and filled up BP ultimate for 102.9, the jerry cans cost more than the fuel

ill sell you some of my cheap fuel

2002 Ford Falcon AU S3 SR
2006 BF MKI Falcon XR6
2008 Mazda BT50 SDX
2004 BA XR8 ute
2006 AUDI A4 B7
2013 FG II XR6 Ute
2006 Ford Territory TX
2003 Ford Falcon XR8
2009 Territory Turbo Ghia

Current: 2012 Audi A4 B8 2.0T Quattro
S3SR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2008, 01:19 PM   #7
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

102.9? damn
the lowest BP 98 has been here was 110.9
Old 25-12-2008, 06:34 PM   #8
noosacuda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just BS by the fuel companies to artificially push the price up for Christmas holidays (because all? get their fuel from the Caltex refinery and then add their own additives),lots of servos here in Bundy have run out.My wife queued for 20 mins to get ordinary ULP,
98 premium almost non-existant.
noosacuda is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2008, 06:37 PM   #9
JAZSXY
Parts Fiend

Caltex in Braesid down here had every single 91 pump out of order on Tuesday night. Pirce was 96.9 with shopper docket. They just wanted to force everything onto the 95 and 98 ron petrol.

frenzal56, falconxr, loosecannon, lima_been, bo5ton, Mardk, Chapter Four, leakey, POELWYK, Dman4.0, rayban76, tutor, PridenJoy, Aplito Futura, sbutler, Bosko, storta1, portokatsiki, AUte, 5.8, xxxg, FTW-302, LeadFoot81, Peuty, BillM, Sox, needfordspeed, watejs06, CATXR8
JAZSXY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2008, 11:45 PM   #10
Archilino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Agreed about the caltex in braeside its an absolute joke that not one 91 pump was working. When i was there at 10pmish there was about 8-9 cars doing laps of the pumps to see if there was one on, dead-set joke.

Convienietly every other grade of petrol was available just not the cheapest (apart from lpg) and most popular.
Archilino is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2008, 12:14 AM   #11
WILDB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Caltex servo in Maroochydore has no petrol or diesel of any kind, the Nambour Caltex only has unleaded but no premium. This was on Monday so I imagine competing servos may be running low on fuel trying to keep up with the extra demand.
WILDB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2008, 12:19 AM   #12
timmy1300000
Black AU Falcon Forte II

i had the same problem on monday and tuesday both beriwck and narre warren caltex didnt have 95 or 98 fuel when i went to go fill up
Old 26-12-2008, 09:47 PM   #13
Buzz Box
Wheel Wally

Well its not a scam is it.......
23rd Dec 94.9
24th Dec 97.9
25th Dec 113.9
26th Dec 97.9

No they don't put it up for x-mas do they??

And more importantly we were out of gas for the BBQ here and 5 different places had run out before we got it.
Buzz Box is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2008, 10:07 AM   #14
martO
meh

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his efforts in creating the monthly Photoshop competitions and advice/tips on how to use Photoshop. 

My Bro and i both needed fuel last night, we were in his BF xr8 and we tried BP Underwood no premium , then caltex Loganholme , just about all pumps turned of so i suppose it was good for those who just wanted ice!!!! , then more annoyingly we get to BP loganholme and they couldnt even be bothered to mark their pumps to say they were out, so naturally i turned the car off, got out and tried to fuel up. Only to find that every pump bar one diesel pump had been switched off. Bastards. Finally with the xr8 winging at us saying we had 11 kms to go we headed to BP at Yatala which had premium so after a fun filled afternoon we headed back to pick up the turbo and go fuel her up too , mind you it was 1.17 .
Old 27-12-2008, 05:43 PM   #15
charles_wif_xf
Purveyor of filth

It is so, so, so illegal to be deliberately restricting access to fuel awaiting a price rise.
charles_wif_xf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2008, 10:53 AM   #16
TickedEFSix

Why don't you pick up one marked with an "out of order" sign and see? They can get done if they are indeed withholding an advertised product forcing consumers to pay more for the dearer type.
TickedEFSix is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2008, 02:57 PM   #17
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

if there is a refinery breakdown supply will be restricted if it was a conspiracy the supply restriction would be nation wide (or do the just pick on whinging queenslanders) get real these things happen

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO

Last edited by Laminge; 28-12-2008 at 05:05 PM.
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2008, 03:52 PM   #18
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Premium (95) is a bit thin on the ground here but E10, 91 & 98 seem ok.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2008, 05:02 PM   #19
Dazza XLT
Back in a Ford

No dramas with supply up here. No price rise over Christmas either.
Old 28-12-2008, 06:19 PM   #20
TOM-CAT
F-14 TomCat

WA had a bit of a price rise.... over day before/after chrissy went from like 95-111 now its workin back down... didnt notice any shortages though.
TOM-CAT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2008, 06:24 PM   #21
FASTXR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Was driving back from Brisbane to Canberra yesterday and got to Ballina with about 15km to go until empty.

We had some Caltex fuel cards so tried the first Caltex station but they didn't stock 98 RON. Went to the second Caltex (where the big prawn is) and they didn't stock 98 RON either. Thought "stuff this" and decided to go to the BP - they'd run out of all ULP fuel at 1pm that afternoon and the guy there told me I'd be lucky to get any ULP anywhere.

We ended up going back to the big prawn Caltex (with a DTE of 1km!) and got just enough 95 RON to get us to Grafton where we filled it with 98. And yes I know the T will run on 95 but give me 98 any day!
FASTXR is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2008, 10:18 PM   #22
vanman_75
XD Sundowner

same problem with trip to bris yesterday ,made a point of stopping more regularly (on my bike)keep her full of the good oil at a pinch will mix 95 but whats the story thats a lot of juice suddenly missing ,shortage or not .
Old 29-12-2008, 08:39 AM   #23
desGT

At BP I pass every morning here in Melb, fuel was 109.9. Why so high? Based on previous weeks it should be down to 101-102 mark on a Monday. Geelong Rd yesterday it was 101.9 (now there is an excuse for a drive!).
desGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2008, 09:31 AM   #24
xdclevo
The Fun Mobile

BP98 is allways hard to get in Cairns. Same old "out of order" signs, so have to cruise around to different servos. Lucky a tank lasts me 3 months these days
2V powahhhhh
xdclevo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2008, 09:55 AM   #25
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by desGT
At BP I pass every morning here in Melb, fuel was 109.9. Why so high? Based on previous weeks it should be down to 101-102 mark on a Monday. Geelong Rd yesterday it was 101.9 (now there is an excuse for a drive!).
Here's a better drive, petrol is still 97.9 up in Ballarat.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2009, 04:36 PM   #26
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Just went to get some Ultimate for the TE went to 3 different BP's none had any and one had 'nothing at all', so there must be a real shortage up here. Ended up using Shell V Power anyone else still noticing these issues? Must be because now everyone can afford BP Ultimate so they are using it up.

Edit: also managed to drive over a drain grate the was slightly bent in the driveway of one BP, afew bangs a crashes later everything was ok, no damage thank god. I got out had a quick look there was a car behind me i threw their steel grate in the bushes :
Old 02-01-2009, 05:30 PM   #27
Biggav
On the search for cubes..

tried 5 caltex servos here in dullsville last night for vortex98 and all dry(well had padlocks and covers over the pump) 6th servo i tried and got a winnah, 1.05 dorra p/lt with a docket im not complaining.

not sure on the other brands (BP, united ect) though.

Current Projects
ED SOHC 3v 5.4 Cammed 5.4 3V Garage Ornament Project
Project Brimstone XE Wagon Phase 6 powered by Coyote

Long Gone Projects
EA Falcon SOHC 4.0 237rwhp
BA 3V 'The Taxi' DJR320 Kit, G6ET Wheels, Lunati Voodoo Cams 320rwhp
Biggav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2009, 07:47 PM   #28
Addz08
"FEED IT"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51RTE
Just went to get some Ultimate for the TE went to 3 different BP's none had any and one had 'nothing at all', so there must be a real shortage up here. Ended up using Shell V Power anyone else still noticing these issues? Must be because now everyone can afford BP Ultimate so they are using it up.

Edit: also managed to drive over a drain grate the was slightly bent in the driveway of one BP, afew bangs a crashes later everything was ok, no damage thank god. I got out had a quick look there was a car behind me i threw their steel grate in the bushes :

Yep, went to the BP servo, Morayfield today to fill the ute up, and had the same prob, No Ultimate...
BA XR8 UTE ,PACEMAKER 4/1'S,MAGNAFLOW METALCORE CATS,TOYS CUSTOM TWIN 2 1/2 SYSTEM, CAPA TUNE, K&N FILTER, LIGHTENED BILLET STEEL FLYWHEEL, DCS CLUTCH, SS INDUCTIONS BIGMOUTH CAI, 20" FR20 SIMMONS....
Addz08 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2009, 08:42 PM   #29
BAxtER
ive been 4490'd

yep, a few places south of brisbane ran out of ultimate too, last week the news said all BP stations in brisbane would run short of ultimate cause they get their 98 fuel from the caltex refinery.....
www.taipanmotorsport.com.au
BAxtER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2009, 10:33 PM   #30
cooltint
FG F6310 Pilot

To those who subscribe to the conspiracy theory over fuel shortages, just think about this, how much money are the servos losing from people driving off without refuelling due to the lack of supply. I did a fair bit of driving over the xmas - new year break and I've witnessed this quite a few times and experienced difficulties buying 98 in my car and 91 in my wifes' Nissan Pathfinder. Believe me no business owner wants to see potential customers go somewhere else, if the pumps are closed it's because they don't have any fuel.

On a side note though when the supply issue (due to a fire at the Caltex refinery) was first raised prior to xmas I was the first to cry foul of the fuel price issue. We were assured (by those in the know) that the slow down in usage by industry closing for xmas would offset the shortages and that any price rise would be part of the natural weekly price competition. Well that's all well and good but the price was still at the peak price of 104.9 in most places in SE Qld until after NYE. Now I would call that a bit suspicious, wouldn't you?

Big AL
*** New ride *** 2009 Nitro FG F6310 what a rocket!!! PB Willowbank 12.70 @ 111.44 mph & 2.02 60ft with nothing but a K&N filter *** Previous ride *** 2005 Rapid BF F6 Typhoon, 6 Speed SSS, 19" FPV Alloys, K&N Filter, Tailored Sheepskins, Teflon Paint Protection and of course Premium Window Tint. 255.33rwkw/342.4rwhp (stock) RDP Dyno Day 10th Mar '07 PB:400m in 13.052 sec @ 108.20mph Willowbank 12th Aug '06 18deg ambient.
cooltint is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post