Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 01-02-2009, 04:38 PM   #1
Teknoslasher
Travis - 1999 Ford AU S1

Default I just bought a "Repairable Write Off"...

Last night I was scrolling around on eBay and came across a moderately nice AU Series 1 Futura. Long story short, I ended up buying it for $814.00 all up.

From what I can see, the car suffered what I would call a "Slight" whack up the ****. It does come with all the parts needed for it to be repaired, but if there are any other bits and pieces that I need, I'll just get them from Chris at Wacol Spare Parts.

Anyhows, I was just wondering what the involvements of repairing a "Write-Off" really are and where the best place between Brisbane and Toowoomba would be to get the vehicle assest to have it removed from the registry?

Teknoslasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2009, 05:13 PM   #2
low au classic
EA FALCONED

your best to read the montys workshop build about the blue lagoon he just fixed up a rite off so most the info should be in there hope that helps and good luck to you

SVO wheels 16x7 & 16x8
SVO MOMO steering wheel
SVO rear spoiler
SVO dash cluster
SVO RECARO trim
SVO headers
SVO grille
Sounds good pity it hasn’t ran in 3 years
low au classic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2009, 07:47 PM   #3
Jastel
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has much experience with taxis and always jumps on here to explain things simply and help out the new guys in B-series and Contemporary... 

Local Queensland Transport office should give you a guys name, or most panel beaters know as well.
For smaller towns the bloke might not even live there but visit only once a week or something.

The fee was about $800 to get the signature to get if of the WOVR (Written Off Vehicle Register) when I looked into it
Some assessors obviously pick on different things so best to find out who does your local area

A pitfall is to check you can re insure the car, this often gives problems.
Jastel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2009, 08:01 PM   #4
The Monty
Just slidin'

If you go to QIS, at Manheim Fowles, its $440.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:40 PM   #5
XR6Stu

If it was a slight whack, why did it get written off? You will need a VIV check, roadworthy, and all your recpeits for new parts, and photographic evidence of how it has been repaired.
XR6Stu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post