Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-05-2009, 01:11 PM   #1
ToadBro
Starter Motor

Default Lost my licence.. How to get it back?

I Lost my licence for 6 months due to an illegal u-turn and speeding.. I was a few weeks from gettin my opens to. Anyway, thought you guys might know how i could get my workers licence.. or I also heard that i could get a NSW licence with a new set of points to drive in QLD.. Is that bull?

ToadBro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2009, 01:26 PM   #2
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

get on a good behavior bond, you get 1 point for i think 12 months?
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2009, 01:37 PM   #3
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Good driving bond as XR-CHEIF said. I have done it that way before.

This is provided you haven't been on one already.

Also, how do you think you are going to get an NSW licence if you dont live in NSW?

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2009, 01:43 PM   #4
Tuddy200
Reaching for 200...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToadBro
I Lost my licence for 6 months due to an illegal u-turn and speeding.. I was a few weeks from gettin my opens to. Anyway, thought you guys might know how i could get my workers licence.. or I also heard that i could get a NSW licence with a new set of points to drive in QLD.. Is that bull?
Getting a QLD licence won't help you in NSW. Under your legal name in NSW any licences you have would be suspended.

I can see what you want to do. Slip across the boarder use a friends address as your primary residence and apply for the QLD licence.

As said above, just get a good behaviour bond and count your lucky stars. I have lost mine for 6 months and Victoria doesn't even have "workers licence" and already I am going insane 2.5 months in!

We all know we aren't angels %100 of the time but if you know your on 1-3 points left then you have to try harder. Otherwise, you have only yourself to blame! I too, lost mine on my 21st birthday and the day I was allowed to drive with no P Plates. Live and learn.

04' BA XR6 - Blueprint - 6 Speed with Rip Shift - HD Clutch
2.5"/BFGT Exhaust System with Quad Tips - 4490's Extractors
19" ROH Flares - 20% Underdrives - Interior Colour Coded - Sunroof - BOSS Bonnet
Stage 2 Crow Cam's - Crow Cam's Valve Springs - BPR Airbox
M86 LSD Diff with 4.1s - Upgraded Brakes with Slotted DBA 4000's
Leather Interior - Rear Power Windows

Projects Underway: Sound System
Tuddy200 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2009, 01:48 PM   #5
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i hope that doesnt happen to me! i've had 1 point left for over a year now

very unlucky mate
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2009, 01:54 PM   #6
Deech
Making smalltorque

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev
i hope that doesnt happen to me! i've had 1 point left for over a year now

very unlucky mate
I never even realised you gained points for doing the wrong thing, not the other way around. I once answered a question on a job application saying I had 8 points on my licence (i.e. had a blank record), though that actually implies I would have lost my licence. Needless to say, I didn't get the job, lol.
When your engine bay catches alight, you try and convince the police that it came that way from the factory. They believe you and leave.
Deech is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2009, 02:25 PM   #7
ToadBro
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuddy200
Getting a QLD licence won't help you in NSW. Under your legal name in NSW any licences you have would be suspended.

I can see what you want to do. Slip across the boarder use a friends address as your primary residence and apply for the QLD licence.
Yeah.. But the other way round.. Ive got my QLD licence. Guess its too good to be true..
I was already on good behaviour.. I understand it was all my fault, it just gonna be a painful 6 months..
Anyway, imma try get my 'workers licence'. Anybody done that?
Old 08-05-2009, 02:47 PM   #8
Bmobile
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I lost my licence over 18 years ago for 3 months. I was 1 month out from getting my opens, and during the 3 months susspension they changed the laws from 1 year on P's to 3 yeas on P's. I got my P's back and had to hold them for 3 years on 4 points. I did this and never lost a point. I then got my opens, and have held them for 15 years without incident or point loss.

: :
Bmobile is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2009, 07:06 PM   #9
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuddy200

A mate of mine that used to live back home (Albury) on NSW/VIC border lost his NSW licence and obtained a VIC licence w/o a problem, but IIRC i think he did use a different address in VIC though
Old 08-05-2009, 07:07 PM   #10
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well turns out i just lost my licence, when i was pulled over the cop informed me that because i received the fines at the same time QLD transport would only take the me for maximum points i received, (3 points for speeding, 1 point no licence), so i was safe, pop into qld transport and they say i will still receive 1 point for the licence and have lost my licence (or go on a good behavior bond)..bloody fuming!!
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2009, 07:39 AM   #11
Springfield_Johny

When you fill in a licence application, you're asked if your currently under suspension or cancellation in another state. You could always lie & say your not, but if you get pulled over you may end up being introduced to "Bubba" for the night, so that he can make you his beatch for 1 night of romantic love making.

Daily drive 2010 Mitsubishi triton single cab turbo diesel

1968 XT Falcon (project yet to be started)
Springfield_Johny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2009, 04:06 PM   #12
ToadBro
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnandjus
When you fill in a licence application, you're asked if your currently under suspension or cancellation in another state. You could always lie & say your not, but if you get pulled over you may end up being introduced to "Bubba" for the night, so that he can make you his beatch for 1 night of romantic love making.
Lol, my suspension doesnt start for two more weeks.. So if i apply before then i wont be 'currently under suspension'.. Well, Im gonna give it a go. I got nothing to lose.. Hopefully i wont have to meet this Bubba fella..lol. I'll keep yall posted.
Old 09-05-2009, 04:07 PM   #13
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Good luck then........

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2009, 07:21 PM   #14
chief
FTF Club Moderator

You will not be offered a good behavior bond in NSW as a p plater, unless you can prove you need your license for work.Also then the judge may put conditions like the license can only be used for work during business hours.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post