Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 17-07-2009, 07:21 PM   #1
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Could the Fiesta hit 1000 cars a month?

When I purchaced my Fiesta Zetec in June there was about 15 Zetecs on the Carsales website. There is now just under 100 last time I checked, and plenty of CL and LX models in a bigger range of colours now. Not to mention the new Fiesta ad has a Squeeza model driving around, not a Hot Magenta model! Could Ford be starting the big push now???

BTW. The Squeeze Fiesta is a Titanium Spec 3-Door as last time, but at least it's a colour we have here in Australia.

Old 18-07-2009, 01:04 PM   #2
doctamick

The Fiesta is coming close to 1000 sales per month, with 753 sales in June. Check out: http://www.themotorreport.com.au/360...-technicality/

"Interestingly, in this segment, Holden’s Barina with 903 sales for June, is still out-selling the brilliant Fiesta with 753 sales (what’s going on there?). Encouragingly for Ford, the Fiesta was up 33.7 percent against June 2008 sales, and up 12.6 percent YTD."

(Sorry if this is a re-post. :P )
doctamick is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2009, 04:05 PM   #3
LethalLeigh
Get in the van!

Supply supply supply. That's the only thing stopping it at this stage, I believe. Wait until the Thai cars arrive, hopefully there's little discernible difference to the German ones and watch the sales go.
Old 18-07-2009, 09:34 PM   #4
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There's none here that are not sold, so no one knows how many it can sell. Despite Fords AU's dodgy advertising and selling I think it will end up well over 1000. Anyone seen the new Focus, that's the first agressive and decent Ford add I've seen in years:P
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2009, 09:52 PM   #5
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalLeigh
Supply supply supply. That's the only thing stopping it at this stage, I believe. Wait until the Thai cars arrive, hopefully there's little discernible difference to the German ones and watch the sales go.
I still cant believe thats an excuse, its been the same for years with euro fords...wtf!
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2009, 09:44 AM   #6
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well supply seems to have opened up in Qld, still not 100% but it's getting there. Hopefully Ford can get them moving. I'm seeing them EVERYWHERE. In all models, colors, styles. Ford seem to be hitting the airways with this revised ad, while the papers seem to have many local Fiesta ads.

Just no one buy a White 3-Door Zetec!!! Lol.
Old 19-07-2009, 06:37 PM   #7
LethalLeigh
Get in the van!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
I still cant believe thats an excuse, its been the same for years with euro fords...wtf!
I know what you're saying, euro Fords always have struck me as modest sellers. I have read a few reports that the Frankfurt factory that the Fiesta is built in is one of the few factories at capacity in Europe. Another controlling factor may be the allocations we're able to source, I'm sure Ford of Europe have plenty of burgeoning markets they have preference over compared to ours.
Old 19-07-2009, 08:41 PM   #8
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I saw a Silver zetec today, wondered if the wife was having an affair lmao. But no it was a different one (first time ever). Pity, because it would have been an ideal excuse to collect a blonde
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2009, 05:40 PM   #9
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Denmacs Darra have them on the lot..
Old 24-07-2009, 01:41 AM   #10
dallasv8
5.8 litres of fun

bloke from Charmiceal ford in Ayr recons theres is a diesel fiesta due out at the end of the year..sposed to get down into the 3. something L/100 .
id say with that kinda fuel economy they will get a lot of sales.

they got a couple of fiestas on the showroom, even a zetec manual.
Old 24-07-2009, 08:59 AM   #11
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What is the Record for most Fiesta's sold in one month?

Could Fiesta also out sell the Foucs for the first time in Aust?
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2009, 07:50 PM   #12
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Fiesta Diesel (known as the Econetic) is the wrong model to bring to Australia. It will cost $25,000 and will not grip as it has low resistance skinny tyres, if you put alloys on your fuel economy goes up to as the hubs assist with lowering fuel consumption. It won't really help sales. Now if they brought over the engine and offered it accross the range (similar to the Falcon and E-Gas) then I'd have waited for that little ripper!

I believe June was either the second biggest or biggest month so far for the Fez, over 700 units.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:41 PM   #13
doctamick

It seems like the Fiesta sales have stagnated, with only 781 Fiesta sales in July (compared to 753 in June). Check out: http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f...success-82665/

I can't find the detailed sales statistics on the official FCAI webiste myself, so I have to hope that the above post is reliable.

Maybe Ford Aus is still is struggling with supply. Nonetheless, the sales result is a bit dissapointing considering that the Fiesta was massively outsold by the Hyundai Getz (2147 sales) and Toyota Yaris (1593 sales), yet again.

Note that the sales figures of other competitors such as the Mazda2 and Honda Jazz and City are not included.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:03 PM   #14
Fi.ES.TA

I would of thought the sales would be going through the roof
but i reckon its because of demand getting them shipped in
people dont want to wait for the car so there moving on and picking another
car who's availability is on hand.

Me personally if i was told well that colour of car is'nt available as yet
we will have to have it shipped from europe i would'nt of bought the fiesta
i'd of bought something else,but thats me impatient :
Fi.ES.TA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2009, 05:48 PM   #15
Fi.ES.TA

I also would think that the pugeout is at the top of the selling ratings im seeing heaps of them on the road very popular car.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:00 PM   #16
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Holden Cruze has been onsale one month, and they are EVERYWHERE! I rarely see any Fiestas, so when I do I get pretty excited. Supply issues are still happening, but most dealers have a variety of models in most popular colours. Ford have stopped advertising the Fiesta, so it's still doing ok.

One thing you have to remember is that no Fiestas are sold to fleets, and very few are company cars. These are private sales where good money is made. The horrid Getz and boring Yaris are sold to rental companies. Who wants to be the former was over 50% fleet sales? Notice how Getz sales spike when rental companies place new orders? I'd still like the Fiesta hit over 1,000 cars though. It's a great car, but most people can't see the point in spending the extra over a crap Barina/Getz.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:21 PM   #17
Fi.ES.TA

yeah your definatley rite about the getz being a fleet car every hire company pizza outlet and god knows what else has them lol.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:24 PM   #18
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I had lots of trouble finding a CL Fiesta without the safety pack in manual, in the end I found one but it was in Morello, I still bought it though.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2009, 09:53 PM   #19
LethalLeigh
Get in the van!

Cruze sold nearly 2000 in its first full month.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:11 PM   #20
Ben85

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalLeigh
Cruze sold nearly 2000 in its first full month.
Thats because they are a fairly nice looking car, and they offer ALOT for the money!!! Especially safety!!!

Interior:- MOMO Blue Leather Gear Knob, Window tint, Scuff Plates, ST Black & Blue Leather seats, Soundstream Amp & 5x7 speakers, Sony Headunit, Pioneer sub & Amp.

Under the Hood:- Superchips ECU Flash Tune, Denso Iridium plugs, KV85 Magnecor Leads, BMC CDA Induction.

Exterior:- Spoiler, clear side repeaters, Lowered (35mm) King Springs, Whiteline 22mm Rear sway bar, 2" cat back exhaust with a dual conversion, Konig 17" Hotswap with Kumho Rubber, HID's.
Ben85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2009, 11:36 PM   #21
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Cruze is a decent car, but others are far better. What it offered is what 90% of the buying public want, but for the 10% who truly love cars it falls short. Keep in mind also that of those 2000 sales, a fair chunk was to the rental market. Still, it's a good car and private interest in it is through the roof.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:15 AM   #22
BruceT

I'm not up on the Holden Cruze. Is it an Astra replacement? I know it's a Daewoo with a 2L engine. As I understand it Holden Australia have a big role in running Daewoo, no a 100% GM company, so they can make sure they have supply available.

As for the Fiesta, I agree with the above. When you only supply 750 a month, you can't sell 1000 a month. I ended up with a Vision 5 dr Zetec manual, because I wanted the full safety pack. To order it on the LX or CL meant a 2-3 month wait in the colours I was happy with. So I test drove the the only Zetec in stock in Sydney (it had been there 4 days) and fell in luv.

The medium term plan is for factories in Mexico (for the US), China (for China) and Thailand - to make the Fiesta and Mazda 2 for SE Asia and Australia.

In China they've already sold 18,224 Fiestas in 4 months:
http://www.chinacartimes.com/2009/07...e-up-in-china/

The European factory (in Cologne) sold 250,000 in just 9 months, 52,800 in March 2009 alone - in the middle of a recession. It is the best selling model in the UK. http://digiads.com.au/car-news/lates...on_200904.html
In The UK it is at "24,679 car sales last month [July 09] and 15.7 percent of ALL registrations"

Europe wide, it is second only to the Golf.
http://www.easycarblog.com/2009/07/v...nd-place.html/

They are probably at full capacity. Why would Ford corporation or Ford Europe botrher about another 250 sales per month in Australia.
BruceT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2009, 12:28 AM   #23
Ben85

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidTyphoon
The Cruze is a decent car, but others are far better. What it offered is what 90% of the buying public want, but for the 10% who truly love cars it falls short. Keep in mind also that of those 2000 sales, a fair chunk was to the rental market. Still, it's a good car and private interest in it is through the roof.
I couldnt agree more!!! If you want something fun you wouldnt go near it, but if you want a practical every day kinda car, that is just gonna take you from a to b comfortably, its a great package.

Interior:- MOMO Blue Leather Gear Knob, Window tint, Scuff Plates, ST Black & Blue Leather seats, Soundstream Amp & 5x7 speakers, Sony Headunit, Pioneer sub & Amp.

Under the Hood:- Superchips ECU Flash Tune, Denso Iridium plugs, KV85 Magnecor Leads, BMC CDA Induction.

Exterior:- Spoiler, clear side repeaters, Lowered (35mm) King Springs, Whiteline 22mm Rear sway bar, 2" cat back exhaust with a dual conversion, Konig 17" Hotswap with Kumho Rubber, HID's.
Ben85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2009, 10:52 AM   #24
Pid
Starter Motor

I'll be happy if the Fiesta sales are lower than the tripe that the opposition offer. Should mean better resale values for those of us wise enough to buy the better car lol.
Pid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2009, 09:27 PM   #25
LethalLeigh
Get in the van!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidTyphoon
True, I find it very vanilla. They're probably cutting into Corolla sales as a car that's great for those with no interest in cars. It's still a GM-DAT product (read: direct Viva replacement) but no doubt Holden are preying on the fact that people no doubt already assume this is the Australian built car as promised eventually. Holden haven't made a big fuss about where there cars come from for a very long time, unlike Ford who push the Euro premium line.

As for the safety thing, I personally think you're losing out if you don't have a 5 star small car on the market now, there's no excuses anymore.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:56 PM   #26
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

Quote:
Could the Fiesta hit 1000 cars a month?
If you drive badly enough yours could probably hit that many other cars in a day. Sorry; but I couldn't resist the obvious silly answer.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:50 AM   #27
doctamick

I know that I'm reserrecting an old thread, but I think these new sales statistics are quite interesting... Check out http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mell...257669000DD6B2.

It seems like the Fiesta has averaged about 720 sales a month so far this year. But this could have partly been due to short supply in the early months. Last month, the Fiesta sales were up 66% (http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mell...25766500119377), so the supply may no longer be a problem and the extra advertising with the EcoNetic may be having a positive effect.

I just don't undertsand why the Mazda2 still outsells the Fiesta by so much, when the Fiesta is clearly the better car. (That's not just my opinion, but an opinion shared by most, if not all, the reviews I've read.)
Old 11-11-2009, 12:04 PM   #28
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think most of it is just pure supply issues... Not many people are willing to wait up to 3 months for a car....

Also surprisingly heaps of people dont know what it is.... How they'll change that I dont know...
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post