Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 06-10-2009, 03:13 PM   #1
Uni

Default Tyre Wear (Michelins esp.)

Hi All,

It's been a pretty long time since I posted here!

I've currently got a set of Michelin Pilot Preceda on 17" rims, stock CL ride height, and the outside edge of the tyre has worn a ridiculous amount after about 18,000km. Most of those miles are highway and I don't drive the car particularly hard at all. Just wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences? The tyres will be rotated tomorrow when it gets a service, but I would expect better from a company that has tried to improve its tyre mileage of late.

I'm thinking it may also have something to do with the fact that I have 17" wheels and stock ride height, is it possible that the acres of body roll the car currently experiences is hurting me when it comes to wear?

Has anyone else has similar experiences? How much mileage have you had out of your tyres on the focus?

Uni/.

Uni is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2009, 07:09 PM   #2
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

The big question here is have you done 18,000 K on these tyres without rotating and aligning the car? If so, there's your answer.
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post