Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 25-10-2009, 05:22 PM   #1
casabonka
You can call me Chris

Default So Im a DH and I've already scratched my Focus...

Gday guys,

Well i've only had the Focus for about 4 weeks (06 Jeans Blue LX) and whilst reversing out of my uncles narrow and dark driveway last night, My Focus had a moment with a reflector pole beside his driveway...

Its left 2 small scratched on both passenger doors, which have managed to polish out well, the biggest issue is the scuff plate which has a decent mark on it.

I need to see if I can get some touch up paint for the scratch on the door, but wanted to see if anyone knows roughly how much for a) touch up paint from Ford, and b) new scuff plates.

Absolutely gutted and have been so angry since it happened, just need to get it fixed asap

Thx guys

Chris

casabonka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2009, 06:02 PM   #2
gtfpv
GT

mate . these things happen . i've had 2 brand new cars . and both were scratched in less time than 4 weeks . by others but still . it happens .
just get it fixed . dont worry about it ( easier said than done i know) . but remember its only a car . and after the novelty wears off you'll realise that . the best time to own a car is when you can get a scratch on it without knowing .
but for now , just fix it up , or get a proffessional to do it . cheers .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2009, 09:38 PM   #3
819_FLY

Hahaha, you think that is bad, I drove my Focus straight out of the showroom in Townsville down to Adelaide, on the way scuffed the underside of the car on a 4WD track out near Hebel (N.S.W-QLD Border) and then a few hours later after going through Bourke heading to Cobar drove straight through a shower of pebbles from a patched bit of road disrupted by a road train... this was only 2 days after delivery.... peppered the front bar and bonnet and a couple of chips in the windscreen aswell..... then a few weeks later a dick in a 4WD put a nice dent into my passenger rear door from the bottom corner of his door.

That pretty much told me that the car wasn't meant to be perfect and sort of helped me stress less if it got scratches on it.....

Still a perfect car would be nice....

Check out 819FLY!!
819_FLY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2009, 11:03 PM   #4
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

I've got touch up paint from a local paint store in a pressure pack can.

Not sure what Ford charges, but I understand your local Ricerbarn store can also supply. I'd check them both out to compare cost
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2009, 06:48 PM   #5
rand0mn00b

I asked my Ford dealer they said they don't supply touch up paint for the Focus which seemed kinda surprising
rand0mn00b is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2009, 09:10 PM   #6
casabonka
You can call me Chris

Thanks for the replies - Will try and get away from work to head to either Ford or autobarn tomorrow and let you guys know!
casabonka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post