Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 30-12-2009, 12:39 PM   #1
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Default Help! Back right door wont lock properly!

Hi everyone, the problem Im having is that after I lock all the doors using the remote I can still open the back right door (from the outside) It makes the same 'click' that the doors make if theyre locked and you open them from the inside.

Any ideas what it could be?

LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2009, 12:54 PM   #2
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

try door actuator, mine was buggered too
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2009, 03:32 PM   #3
Stattic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

+1 for the door actuator
i notice your car is 2000? keep in mind if you go to the wreckers, the series 1 actuators are slightly different
most of the time its just the white plastic gear that snaps, most wreckers charge about 25 bucks for it
256rwkw

BA manual Typhoon
Fully optioned, 340rwkw@16psi (thanks Bluepower)!

The old ride....
AU Fairmont, cammed beast, R.I.P you made my p plate years bearable!
150.8rwkw courtesy BPR
Stattic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2009, 05:23 PM   #4
Beer Baron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Actuator is buggered. Last time i saw the price for a new one from ford it was $170.
Old 30-12-2009, 08:00 PM   #5
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Actuator for sure (either worm gear broken - most likely, or motor dead, less likely).

Quick fix is to take door trim off, and make sure child lock is not on so you can open the door using the inside handle, and then remove the rod between outside handle and lock mechanism. This will render the outside handle useless, but you can still open using the interior handle. Please Note: You MUST make sure you have the child lock deactivated, otherwise you will never get the door open again (not without an angle grinder, anyway).
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2009, 01:11 AM   #6
urbancowboy

definately the door lock actuator.
urbancowboy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2009, 04:36 PM   #7
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Thanks guys, the actuator's started working again (but who knows for how long) so I'll be replacing it next week regardless.

Cheers,
Rob.
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2009, 05:43 PM   #8
Beer Baron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Pull the old one apart and see what has gone wrong with it and maybe keep it as a spare ?
Old 31-12-2009, 05:55 PM   #9
JMO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Check the cog before you replace it. I had the same thing happen to my rear left door. Took the whole thing apart and everything was fine so I greased the cog up and a year later still no problems. I figured that either the cog was not properly greased or it had something to do with the hot weather at the time.
JMO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2010, 03:22 PM   #10
AMB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always has a helpful answer in the technical sections, wether it's giving information on a simple diagnosis with a small issue, Helping someone fix their car if they are stuck on removing/installing something, or just need information on what works how. 

Had the same problem. My bet is that its the thermistor built in to the electric motor. They get old and don't let enough current to pass. I removed thermistor, and it all works fine now. Been about a month and no problem at all.
Here's a bit more in my thread about it, see posts 3 and 4:
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11281393
AMB is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2010, 03:48 PM   #11
rosebush

I have heard that maybe an AU 2000 actuator wont fit an early AU 1999? Is this true? Would the worm gear inside each at least be the same as it is actually this part im after and the one i was looking at buying is from a 2000 model...Im sure I have read somewhere?? that they changed the actual lock part or something that wont fit my door?? Any ideas would help, Thanks
rosebush is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post