Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 14-01-2010, 09:53 PM   #1
au^dude
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Au Rear tyres

Hey i searched but cant find the right info. Can someone tell me if 255-35-18 will fit on the rear of my AU. I have 245-40-18 on there at the moment. The wheels are 18x8 and the car has super lows.

Thanks

au^dude is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2010, 10:38 PM   #2
T3man
Banned

They will fit OK but your speedo will be out (over) by about 3% - the equivalent size is 275/35-18 which will still fit OK but will be a bit oversize for your 8" rims - 9" would be better.
T3man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2010, 10:47 PM   #3
blownv8au
Pro Street Au Ute

a lot of tyre shops won't go over 255 on a 8'' rim.
blownv8au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2010, 11:41 PM   #4
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i have 255 35 18 on my rears was thinking of going a little wider than the norm, mostly for a bit off added rim protection, the wheel type has spokes that stick out a little, very easily damaged :(.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post