Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 26-02-2010, 04:22 AM   #1
Linz
*SILVER SERVICE PILOT*
Donating Member1

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: For his technical submissions. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with good, solid advice. 
Default AU2 6 stacker replacement.

Hey all, I've got a 6 stacker in the Futura that's given up and I can get a factory AU2 single cd player model to replace it with easily enough.
Anyone know if the wiring plug for the 6 stacker fits the single cd model and does the single cd unit have the trigger wire for the power aerial?
I could also fit an aftermarket radio/cd player, but I don't want to lose the steering wheel controls OR pay $300 for the cat 10 adaptor to keep them.

Cheers, Linz.

https://www.fordforums.com.au/showth...71#post6891271

2006 Lightning Strike BF Fairlane Ghia...HIS

2024 Titan Grey Hyundai Tucson Highlander...HERS
Linz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2010, 09:16 AM   #2
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

The short answer is yes.

They are a straight swap and everything works as before. I had a single CD unit in the wagon and replaced it with a 6 stacker when it died and it just plugged straight in, was business as usual, so doing the switch back the other way would be exactly the same.

Bushbasher

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2010, 10:28 AM   #3
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by linz
I could also fit an aftermarket radio/cd player, but I don't want to lose the steering wheel controls OR pay $300 for the cat 10 adaptor to keep them.
JB's will do the Cat10 for around $180 if that makes it any easier.
ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2010, 12:12 PM   #4
Linz
*SILVER SERVICE PILOT*
Donating Member1

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: For his technical submissions. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with good, solid advice. 

Thanks for the replies...I'll try the factory single cd first as I can get one for next to nothing.
If all else fails, I have a couple of JVC head units here (which have been rejected by the younger generation for lack of iPod aux. jack/USB port), so they'll be a last resort with the cat10 adaptor from JB's.

Cheers, Linz.

Old 02-03-2010, 01:26 PM   #5
Linz
*SILVER SERVICE PILOT*
Donating Member1

Picked up a factory single cd player from the wreckers the other day and fitted it last night...everything (including the electric aerial) worked fine except the cd player wouldn't read discs, so I dismantled the cd section and cleaned the laser pickup with metho on a cotton bud and away it went!
Wifey very happy now :

Now I've pulled that one apart, I must have a go at the 6 stacker too...might get it going again too.