Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 19-03-2010, 05:08 PM   #1
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default AU dedicated LPG

Just looking at an LPG wagon to replace my rusted out ex taxi and the owner reckons it has two tanks under the floor totaling 120 litres (I thought they were about 90?). This thing is dedicated, just wanted to know how big the tank is, and if anyone has a dedicated AU, what sort of mileage are they getting to a tank, and in what conditions? Over here 91 ulp has just gone up to $1.80/litre! Thanks.

smoo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2010, 06:34 PM   #2
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

hey smoo
yeah he's right actually
the sedans are 93L for the egas and the wagons are an impressive 116! and those are useable sizes too.
for egas you can expect the standard 18L/100klms for hard bootin pure city with the aircon on hilly flat to the floor off the lights sortta stuff, and about 12L/100klms for highway with the aircon on and a bit of overtaking and mainly right lane driving

most people average 14L/100klms on their egassers. I highly recommend one.
Old 19-03-2010, 07:03 PM   #3
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cheers Mr Hardware, that fuel tank is impressive. I'm averaging 7.5-8l/100km highway and 9.5-10 around town in my petrol 4.0 but the 60 cents per litre difference between the two fuels will make up for that. I leave 10mins early for everywhere so never in a hurry, I drive like a b itch.

Shes about as good looking as an AU wagon can get.

smoo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2010, 07:50 PM   #4
turbo_gtr86

looks tidy
Old 19-03-2010, 11:10 PM   #5
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

smoo, personally I regard the AUIII Futura e-gas as the best AU ever made. Sufficiently appointed, cheap as chips and quite able to gutter-hop when required.
The best taxis we ever had were AUIII Futura egassers. Ditch them roof-racks and you'll be rollin in style! Although personally i believe those wheels on it are a downgrade from the 18-spokers the come standard on them.

I remember one we bought. It was horrible, like a virgin sacrifice. Here she was, still in warranty, second last month AU ever made, didn't even have 80thou on the clock. Absolutely pristine, not a single mark on her, looked brand spankin new. Black interior, electric windows all round, 5 interior lights, velour seats, chrome striping, white paint that beaded beautifully when wet.
Then it got taxi'd. Sigh.

Last edited by Mr Hardware; 19-03-2010 at 11:23 PM.
Mr Hardware is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2010, 02:18 PM   #6
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

That's a very clean EGAS wagon ... just needs the following:

de-roof rack it
T-series front
side skirts
Nice set of shoes
lowering
hidden exhaust

DONE.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post