Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 21-03-2010, 06:11 PM   #1
Boza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Bolt on's for v8

Hey guys i wanna give the unit a bit more poke i have a series 1 so the 185kw version i just wanna do some bolton's to make it a bit more responsive and ofcourse make it go a bit better.
I'm thinking underdrive pulley's, phenolic spacer etc..
While on the subject of the phenolic spacer what does it actually do for performance

Boza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2010, 06:24 PM   #2
CFOUR
The Destroyer

just get a blower. anything else is not really cost effective.
Old 21-03-2010, 06:36 PM   #3
LUXO_8
windsor user

i realise you say you only want to do bolt ons, but, a cam would be the biggest net gain, followed by a good exhaust.
au motors had reasonable heads and intake so those 2 mods would really wake it up.
anything else would give a few kw here and there.....wouldnt really be that noticeable..

as mentioned, a blower would be the best course of action if you want to leave it untouched but increase power a great deal
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2010, 06:36 PM   #4
sd1800
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFOUR
just get a blower. anything else is not really cost effective.
Blower will cost about 6.5k for a raptor. That includes flash tuner, tune + labour. CAPA will be more expensive than that.

You can do alot of N/A work on a GT40P/Explorer motor for less than 6.5k and would net you the same results I would think?

OP, do the obvious first which is XR6T snorkel, high-flow filter(small gain I know), pacemaker(or difillipo if you can afford it) headers, high flow cats and dual 2.25" zaust'.

From here you need to open it up and you would want to put a warmish cam & 1.7 roller rockers + maybe small amount of porting work + custom tune and through a manual box you would be looking at
around 200rwkw. You may need to put AU 2/3 bluetop injectors in there for this figure. Yours are probably 19lb. Bluetops are 24lb.

Good luck.

Now......
2012 FG MK2 XR6 Turbo
- Manual & Luxury Pack
- 302rwkw

2019 Escape St-Line
sd1800 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2010, 06:41 PM   #5
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Just the 3 basic mods for the cost effective budget that you can actually feel some sort of improvement IMO, some kind of Cold air intake with hiflo filter, decent cat back system, and a flash tune any more than that best you dig a bit deeper, Au Windsor is already underdriven . as for the spacer if you get it cheap give it a go ..

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2010, 10:23 PM   #6
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I have a 1/2" phenolic spacer in my garage - will sell & post to anyone for $30 inclusive. They are supposed to stop heat transfer between upper and lower manifold, and are probably more useful on an engine that generates lots of heat (ie blown/turbod) rather than an NA one.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2010, 10:53 PM   #7
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
I have a 1/2" phenolic spacer in my garage - will sell & post to anyone for $30 inclusive. They are supposed to stop heat transfer between upper and lower manifold, and are probably more useful on an engine that generates lots of heat (ie blown/turbod) rather than an NA one.
1/2" are too big for AUs I think. Causes fouling on the bonnet I've heard.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2010, 10:55 PM   #8
Boza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thanks for the info guys i'm gonna put one of those acron airboxes on and then i'll go and see my exhaust guy i was on ebay and a few mobs are selling pre made catback systems like redback,lukey etc.. are theese ok aor should i get my exhaust shop to make something up
Boza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post