Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 22-03-2010, 01:37 AM   #1
Pepi69
PEPI69

Default Water getting inside......

Hi...

I recently took off all the door trims to fix and repair rattly plastic fasteners, and loose cabling etc. Got the cables organised, while the door trims were still off - thought I'd take the car to the auto car wash. All good until the first high pressure wash pass.
As the washer passed the doors and the exterior door handles, water was pi$$ing thru like nothing else....water came in thru around all 4 exterior door handles - the thin weather proofing (rubber?) around the handles not doing it's job.
Saturated and wet - I thought how often does this happen with the door trims on - you wouldn't know!!
So when I got home, and all was dry - I grabbed silicon sealastic and applied a generous amount around each exterior door handle from the inside.
Went back to the auto wash when sealastic had cured - no water came in at all - all dry as it should be - particularly important to those who have expensive speakers in their doors - water not good - just my little contribution.