Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 20-02-2011, 11:51 PM   #1
010 f6 ute

Default WTF enough is enough!!!!!!!

i got pulled over by highway patrol today, my f6 in registered in qld but i have a NT licence because i work there for most of the year. Now i have asked the Qld department of transport and said its no problem and i get one cop that says fine no worries i can understand that than the next time i get pulled up i get told my licence is no good i cant drive in this state when i tell them that main roads said its fine they tend to lay off and forget about it till today when i got threatened to be done unlicensed when i told her ive seen main roads she said doesn't matter they have nothing to do with your license its not up to them all the blokes i work with never get hassled about it but they are also alot older than me being 19 im the youngest there do u think this is a age thing? if i get done unlicensed i will lose my job i spend most my time there so i have to have a nt licence or i will lose my job anyway i told her i need it unless i quit my job all i got from her is thats some thing you got to think about is there anyway to give it back to them and prove im in the right? and for the record i was not a smart ***, i didn't back chat and didn't raise my voice ohh and all the tickets i have been given are from women cops

Old 20-02-2011, 11:56 PM   #2
bluebaboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 010 f6 ute
i got pulled over by highway patrol today, my f6 in registered in qld but i have a NT licence because i work there for most of the year. Now i have asked the Qld department of transport and said its no problem and i get one cop that says fine no worries i can understand that than the next time i get pulled up i get told my licence is no good i cant drive in this state when i tell them that main roads said its fine they tend to lay off and forget about it till today when i got threatened to be done unlicensed when i told her ive seen main roads she said doesn't matter they have nothing to do with your license its not up to them all the blokes i work with never get hassled about it but they are also alot older than me being 19 im the youngest there do u think this is a age thing? if i get done unlicensed i will lose my job i spend most my time there so i have to have a nt licence or i will lose my job anyway i told her i need it unless i quit my job all i got from her is thats some thing you got to think about is there anyway to give it back to them and prove im in the right? and for the record i was not a smart ***, i didn't back chat and didn't raise my voice ohh and all the tickets i have been given are from women cops
Maybe you look like an old boyfriend of theirs that jilted them in their youth.
Old 20-02-2011, 11:57 PM   #3
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Er.. you have a licence so you cant be unlicenced.
However i do believe there is a requirement that if you move states that within 8 weeks (?) of residency you must take up a new licence in that state (in QLD at least).
You cant be done for being unlicenced.... just not having a valid QLD one.
Different fine i believe.

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Old 20-02-2011, 11:57 PM   #4
Trendseeker

Why not get a licence in Qld and avoid further hassles?
Yep, your age and vehicle will attract the attention of the police.
I suggest that you go and see a solicitor about your current issue.
Old 20-02-2011, 11:58 PM   #5
Ford_The_Win
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is gonna come across really sexist..but a female police officer, say no more. If female police officers were psychoanalysed, a lot of domination/power issues would come up in their actions and attitudes. They seem to relish having that brief moment of complete domination over a man.
Old 20-02-2011, 11:59 PM   #6
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008WhiteSR
Why not get a licence in Qld and avoid further hassles?
Yep, your age and vehicle will attract the attention of the police.
I suggest that you go and see a solicitor about your current issue.

What the hell for???

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Old 21-02-2011, 12:11 AM   #7
Trendseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose
What the hell for???
He's been charged with unlicensed driving, hasn't he? If he hasnt, then refer to my first suggestion.
Old 21-02-2011, 12:13 AM   #8
Landau Stable
Landau Tragic

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his many posts on welding and fabricating for coupes 

I'm assuming that your car stays in Queensland? If so, keep your NT licence, and change your offical address to NT. Then keep the car based in Queensland at the appropriate garaged address. That should sort them out.
Old 21-02-2011, 12:23 AM   #9
010 f6 ute

but im never in qld more than 9 days. i need a NT license for work to be able to get a truck license and i am meant to have a license there due to spending most of my time there. yeah at one stage i was was thinking about going to see a solicitor about getting a log book started about harassment when i had ps on i was pulled over every single day i was in qld had my car searched and so on ive never been done for hooning or anything. and for some reason my rego papers say the colour of my car is bei and doesn't say black she grilled me on that dont know how many times i got asked doesn't this car look black to you she took photos of my car of my car :-/ i know the colour hasn't been changed ive had it since new said my rego doesn't match this car so its no good. i have to drive up to cairns tomorrow past the same part of the highway so im hoping i dont run into her.
Old 21-02-2011, 12:43 AM   #10
010 f6 ute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landau Stable
I'm assuming that your car stays in Queensland? If so, keep your NT licence, and change your offical address to NT. Then keep the car based in Queensland at the appropriate garaged address. That should sort them out.
thats what i do my licence has my address in the NT on it so im not sure what else they could want im allowed to says main roads but they say im not. if i get done unlicensed i will lose my job its part of my contract. anyone heard of anyone being able to give it back to them in some form? i find it weird im the only one on my crew that gets hassled for this i can only put it down to my age and when i said i would have to quit my job to get a qld licence and all i got is thats some thing you have to think about from her is just enough ive had it ill do what ever it takes to get a fair go.
Old 21-02-2011, 01:05 AM   #11
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Get it in writing from the appropriate authority and keep a copy in the car.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
Old 21-02-2011, 01:10 AM   #12
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Dumb question.

Where is your address for your principle place of residence as on your tax details, passport etc?
If NT then tell Anna's gestapo to stick it, if QLD then you are actually driving unlicensed as the law is not particularly flexible in that area.
Go to your friendly local cop shop and speak with the OC about your problem. They can sort it.
Old 21-02-2011, 01:21 AM   #13
BFZ Wagon
Formerly All Wheel Drive

It's just the police being the typical stupid selves. Maybe you get the cops who think that someone young shouldn't have such a nice vehicle?

If you live and work in the NT most of the year and your job requires you to have an NT licence, then that's exactly what you're supposed to do.

Your NT drivers licence is exactly that 'a driver's licence'.

Is your QLD Registered F6 used in NT or only QLD?
Qld transport or NT are the people who should definitely be able to help you.

QLD Transport licensing and registration 13 23 80
NT MVR call centre 1300 654 628
Old 21-02-2011, 01:46 AM   #14
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Dumb question.

Where is your address for your principle place of residence as on your tax details, passport etc?
If NT then tell Anna's gestapo to stick it, if QLD then you are actually driving unlicensed as the law is not particularly flexible in that area.
Go to your friendly local cop shop and speak with the OC about your problem. They can sort it.
this^^^

your licence and your listed place of residence need to add up. you could spend 364 days in the NT but if you are listed as a qld resident, you need a qld licence.

i would assume, that since you have a NT licence, you must also have a NT address, otherwise how do you get a licence in a state different to your address. if this is the case, how do you keep your qld rego without a qld address? this is the issue for the police.
Old 21-02-2011, 08:14 AM   #15
QLD-Bluey
True Blue

I would say "Go your hardest" and "See you in court"
Old 21-02-2011, 08:15 AM   #16
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The reason the clamp down on this sort of thing nowadays is that years back it used to be a trend to keep your licence from another state after moving to Queensland, and go back every year or whatever and renew it in that other state, as if you were pulled for a driving offence, they could only fine you, but couldn't take points off your out of state licence, so as long as you kept paying the fines you were laughing.

I couldn't see that it was a problem having an adress in one state and owning a car kept in another. A simple way out would seem to be to register your car in the NT and be done with it.
Old 21-02-2011, 08:21 AM   #17
EB#
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Constant helpful advice and step by step guides in easy to understand format with pictures. 

Easy. Change the rego of the F6 to NT.
If you get pulled over then you are "visiting" QLD, which in fact, you are.

or...
Change the F6 QLD rego over to a family members name that resides in QLD.

No matter how you look at it, the proper channels paperwork side of your situation will
require a certain BS factor. It just depends how much.

Last edited by EB#; 21-02-2011 at 08:31 AM.
Old 21-02-2011, 08:51 AM   #18
66GT

My coupe was from NSW & I live on the Gold Coast 30km from the border. NSW would not allow me to continue the cars original NSW rego with a QLD address. One of there arguements was the difficulties getting the yearly inspections. I informed that I was prepared to do the 60 - 70km round trip to ensure all was good - not good enough. Agree you should get something in writing from both states stating what your allowed to do & keep that in the car for future reference.
Old 21-02-2011, 09:22 AM   #19
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'd say the reason they're picking on you is you're a 19 year old driving an F6 registered in your name, QLD rego, with NT licence, to them it may look like you're just trying to dodge the p plate laws. Does the car permanently stay in QLD?
Old 21-02-2011, 10:20 AM   #20
NC1183
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0
I'd say the reason they're picking on you is you're a 19 year old driving an F6 registered in your name, QLD rego, with NT licence, to them it may look like you're just trying to dodge the p plate laws. Does the car permanently stay in QLD?

This is a fairly reasonable explanation.

2005 FPV BF Super Pursuit

The new toy (now sold)
The SP

The old ute (sold)
www.aufalcon.com/nc1183

Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6T
If you look closely you can see the remains of a Hyundai excel that’s been sucked into the intake.
about the pic of 'CHOP YA' F6
Old 21-02-2011, 10:22 AM   #21
GT
Mrs Russellw
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: All your effort in keeping me sane and on-track. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For her honest, direct and helpful advice to members. The content of her posts help many members on the forum and most times, turn a very negative thread into a postive one. 

Changing registration ownersip of the ute is not a good suggestion as you would have to pay stamp duty again for a start. If the ute is financed it would need to be paid out in full before this could happen. All too hard.

You cannot have a license in 2 States so stick with NT and Register the Ute there. You will need new plates (if you have Custom ones - which is always a pain). I know that in Vic you don't need an Inspection (of the car) if the ownership is staying the same. When moving vehicles between States, you can have the added drama if the car is modded - ie tint, lowering etc. Some States are not as tolerant as others.

Don't think you have much choice.

Cheers
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMS290
Fact is Gaela's GTP IS the quickest NA Boss 290 Sedan now (by a long shot)
The precedent of stripping weight and using full slicks was set years ago now.

So if you want to beat em, ya gotta join em, and being manual makes the time even more credible.
Old 21-02-2011, 11:12 AM   #22
mytgxl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

She is pi**ed that your young & own a F6 & she doesn`t!
There are many answers to your problem you just have to add up the cheapest one!
1) change the F6 redgo to NT
2) rego in other family members name
3) get letter from transport minister stating otherwise.
4) if the coppers not a bad looker ask her out on a date! She will either say yes or no, but she will feel flattered that you asked! & maybe she will leave you alone or you`ll be dating a copper! Take that anyway you like.
Old 21-02-2011, 11:28 AM   #23
Streets
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_The_Win
This is gonna come across really sexist..but a female police officer, say no more. If female police officers were psychoanalysed, a lot of domination/power issues would come up in their actions and attitudes. They seem to relish having that brief moment of complete domination over a man.
You are completely batshit insane.
Old 21-02-2011, 11:48 AM   #24
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Then again could be because you do this

Quote:
U can get your points every month if it set up to do so. I work fly in fly out in the mines in the nt for 19 days than fly back to qld for 9 days soon as me or my mates get caught we change our liesence over to the other state and when we get back change back to nt and get 12 points back. So I can only lose mine for drink driving. Also allows me to have my opens at 19 And drive my f6 in qld at my age.
Old 21-02-2011, 12:17 PM   #25
fox76
Starter Motor

I had a look around on the QLD legislation web site and found this

Transport Operations (Road
Use Management—Driver
Licensing) Regulation 2010

Part 16 Recognition of other driver
licences
128 Non-Queensland driver licence

(1) A valid non-Queensland driver licence authorises the holder
to drive, on a Queensland road, a class of motor vehicle that
the holder is authorised to drive under the licence.

(2) The holder of a non-Queensland driver licence must comply
with a condition of the licence.
Maximum penalty—20 penalty units.

(3) The chief executive may, by written notice to the holder of a
non-Queensland driver licence, immediately withdraw the
holder’s authority under subsection (1) if—

(a) the chief executive is given information by the holder, or
about the holder by a health professional, whether or not
the holder or health professional uses an approved form
to give the information; and

(b) because of the information, the chief executive
reasonably considers the holder may have a mental or
[s 128] physical incapacity that is likely to adversely affect the
holder’s ability to drive safely; and

(c) the chief executive reasonably considers—

(i) public safety has been endangered, or is likely to
be endangered, because the holder’s ability to drive
safely is likely to be adversely affected; or

(ii) immediate withdrawal of the authority is otherwise
necessary in the public interest.

(4) A notice under subsection (3) must state—

(a) the reasons for the chief executive’s decision; and

(b) the withdrawal takes effect immediately when the notice
is given to the holder of the non-Queensland driver
licence; and

(c) that the holder may apply for a reconsideration of the
decision under section 132; and

(d) that the holder is also able, under section 65A of the
Act, to apply to QCAT for a review of the decision on
the reconsideration.

(5) If the holder takes up residence in Queensland, the authority is
withdrawn—

(a) for an interstate licence—3 months after the holder takes
up residence; or

(b) for a foreign licence—

(i) if the holder is an Australian citizen—3 months
after the holder takes up residence; or

(ii) if the holder is not an Australian citizen but is
granted a resident visa before taking up
residence—3 months after the holder takes up
residence; or

(iii) if the holder is not an Australian citizen but is
granted a resident visa after taking up residence—3
months after the visa is granted.
[s 129]

Transport Operations (Road Use Management—Driver Licensing) Regulation 2010
Part 16 Recognition of other driver licences
Reprint 1A effective 22 October 2010 Page 141

(6) Subsection (5)(a) does not apply to a defence force member,
or an eligible family member of the member, who carries a
defence force identification while driving.

(7) Also, the authority is withdrawn when the holder is granted a
Queensland driver licence.

(8) Despite subsections (5) and (7), a valid non-Queensland driver
licence, granted for a class of motor vehicle, authorises the
holder to take a practical driving test in a corresponding class
of motor vehicle.

(9) Subject to section 11, a person who holds or has, within the
last 5 years, held a non-Queensland driver licence, granted for
a class of motor vehicle, is eligible for a learner licence for a
corresponding class of motor vehicle.

(10) If the holder is granted a learner licence for the corresponding
class of motor vehicle, the holder is authorised to learn to
drive the corresponding class of motor vehicle.

(11) In this section—
resident visa means a permanent visa, or a special category
visa, under the Migration Act 1958 (Cwlth).

Also

When would my authority to drive in Queensland on my interstate issued licence be withdrawn?

Your authority to drive in Queensland on your interstate issued licence will be withdrawn if you:

become medically unfit to drive safely
have been residing in Queensland for three months or more.

http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/Licensing/...e-drivers.aspx

As I understand it you are not residing in QLD just traveling to QLD and staying for short times and your residence is in NT. If that is the case you are not required to change your licence until you reside in QLD.
Old 21-02-2011, 12:26 PM   #26
FordFalconBF
2008 BF Futura

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0
010 f6 ute: U can get your points every month if it set up to do so. I work fly in fly out in the mines in the nt for 19 days than fly back to qld for 9 days soon as me or my mates get caught we change our liesence over to the other state and when we get back change back to nt and get 12 points back. So I can only lose mine for drink driving. Also allows me to have my opens at 19 And drive my f6 in qld at my age.
LOL might be. Good find 5.0.... Looks like this guy is a hoon if he loses his points all the time and they just changes his license back and forth from states.. knob head.

Previous Cars:
2003 BA Falcon Wagon Dedicated LPG
1999 Ford Fairlane Ghia
XF Fairmont Ghia
Escort MK2 RS2000 Replica
Old 21-02-2011, 02:19 PM   #27
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0
LOL...

I was gonna say, i can count the number of times i've been pulled over on two hands in 16yrs of driving, the OP must be doing something to stick his head out and get that much attention...then you found that little jem

To the OP, next time she pulls you over i hope she inserts her batton...
Old 21-02-2011, 03:09 PM   #28
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Now no, offence,

But what are you doing owning a $50k + Vehicle at 19? That is the immediately asked question when they look through the window & see a really young bloke driving a F6. I would pull you over too. Just to satisfy my curiosity of such a young guy in such a new & expensive performance car. Simply from the plain fact that, thanks to QLD P-Plate laws, you are driving a vehicle that you are not permitted to drive. Full Stop.

There are questions raised when the question is raised as above. Such as "Is it yours?" & "How did you get this car?" Due to your age, & Once again due to The P-Plate restrictions. So even if you are a self made millionaire (& I'd be asking how did you do that? White powder??? - Hence why you have a problem of being searched), Your parents have done very well for themselves & you get to enjoy it too, you won the Lotto, or won the car in a Surf Life Saving/Boystown Giveaway. Legally you cannot be driving it. Remembering that they are yet to look at your licence.

Then they see that the car is registered in your name in QLD, but you live in the Territory. With an NT Drivers licence. That even to me just sounds odd.....

Usually, either your licenced as the same state as your car, or the state in which your work,& as a truck driver, your car is usually kept at the yard even if it is registered in another state to drive back home with. (My ex's dad does this). Not Live in NT with an NT licence, but have a QLD registered car, that is garaged in QLD while your at work.

Do you actually live in the NT? For more than 9 months of the year? Why isnt the car garaged at your address, or at least in the same state? Why isnt the car registered in the NT? As stated above. 99.9% of the time, A persons car is kept at their residential address. It really does seem illogical to have the F6 registered here, driven here, but you don't live or work here...............

You only come here when your not working. state In a car that isnt registered at your home or even home state. 99.% of people are where when they are not working? At home. In their home state.

Im not being nasty, Im just trying to clarify the reasoning behind this "registered in another state, which isnt where I work OR live" decision. But from what I am reading, you actually live here in QLD, at the cars "garaged" address, & you are using a friends address in the Territory, to have an NT licence for a NT trucking company. Thats just the way I am reading it.

The bottom line is, while your so young, and driving an F6, registered in QLD, driven in QLD, you are going to have this problem. Why? Refer to my first 2 Paragraphs.
/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.

Last edited by Revolver; 21-02-2011 at 03:28 PM.
Old 21-02-2011, 03:15 PM   #29
The Monty
Just slidin'

Ahaha, as posted above, you imbecile. Laws are made because people like you cant follow a normal life like the rest of us.
Old 21-02-2011, 03:28 PM   #30
XR6Runner
Sling Shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Beast II
There are questions raised when the question is raised as above. Such as "Is it yours?" & "How did you get this car?" Due to your age, & Once again due to The P-Plate restrictions. So even if you are a self made millionaire (& I'd be asking how did you do that? White powder??? - Hence why you have a problem of being searched), Your parents have done very well for themselves & you get to enjoy it too, you won the Lotto, or won the car in a Surf Life Saving/Boystown Giveaway. Legally you cannot be driving it. Remembering that they are yet to look at your licence.
Do I feel a sense of jealousy?

I think he's mentioned working in the mines. As you should know, there is very good money to be had working there, so that would explain the car. But any way, how he got it, isn't anybodies business whether it be hard working, lotto, parents, ect.
Closed Thread