Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 11-06-2011, 10:27 PM   #1
shane3
FPV GT 0915

Default good mechanic for RWC on BA GT

Hi I need a good mechanic for RWC on BA GT, not sure if the exhaust will pass as its way to loud but every thing else is okay, I would also like the suspention done and have the rear end dropped an inch or so,I live in Berwick Melbourne.
Thanks

Bluprint BA GT 2004 Model - Mods: Tinted Windows, Premium Sound, BBS Mags, 245/35R19 fronts, 285/30R19 rears, BMC POD Filter, SS cold air induction, HM tri-y headers, Redback cat back system, Herrod power snorkle, moded Herrod helix spacer, 4" ram air induction, More to come..
shane3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2011, 10:47 AM   #2
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 
Default Re: good mechanic for RWC on BA GT

so are you looking for a good mechanic to do the check and repair work on your GT, or are you looking at a dodgy one to pass it although it is too loud and then do the extra work.

Do you realise you do not need the testing mechanic to carry out the repair work, you can get 1 guy to test and then get your usual mechanic to cvarry out the repairs.

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2011, 02:34 PM   #3
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why do you need the RWC, was it because you want to register it in your name. Or was it bought unregistered. You trying to sell the car.

Just remember if the car is unregistered and trying to get a RWC you will have to show Vicroads the car in person. Also if this is because the car has a defect you may have to show Vicroads the work has been done.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2011, 10:32 PM   #4
shane3
FPV GT 0915

Hi need a RWC for re registering the car (rego ran out, the wife thought I payed and I thought she payed...... NO rego on the car for last 7 months...OOOOPS!) I don't want to get ripped off with a mechanic saying this and that need doing when it doesn't, my GT has only had the headers and exhaust done that may cause a fuss, mags are with in 1" of stock, I would like to get it RWC'ed and then off to suspention expert to have the thing tightened up (bushes and sway bar sort of stuff) and dropped an inch or so. (will use the RWC thing as an excuse to get the work done...what the wife don't know!)
Bluprint BA GT 2004 Model - Mods: Tinted Windows, Premium Sound, BBS Mags, 245/35R19 fronts, 285/30R19 rears, BMC POD Filter, SS cold air induction, HM tri-y headers, Redback cat back system, Herrod power snorkle, moded Herrod helix spacer, 4" ram air induction, More to come..
shane3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post