Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-03-2012, 08:22 PM   #1
calais
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Hawkesbury Valley Holden... Gone.

Hey All, I was driving past today and noticed the dealership devoid of cars, all closed up.

HVH was one of the most modern Holden dealers in the Sydney area, and now it appears they've gone under. Can anyone shed any light on what may have happened? Or is this just a sign of the times and of things to come?

calais is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2012, 08:52 PM   #2
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: Hawkesbury Valley Holden... Gone.

Not another one.....

This is not good. It seems every week another large, well established company goes broke, or sheds a ton of staff.

I was looking to buy a house by the end of the financial year but now I'm not going to bother till there is a little more stability.

If they have gone broke, I just hope that the wife of the owner is not found to own a multi-million dollar mansion in the Eastern suburbs....
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2012, 09:21 PM   #3
FPV GTHO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Sharing his knowledge of performance exhaust setups for the NA 6 cyc Barra Falcon from BA to FG. 

They may have simply moved everything offsite with the recent weather.
FPV GTHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2012, 09:32 PM   #4
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hawkesbury recently had its flood alert lifted, I wonder if they had just moved the stock.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2012, 09:39 PM   #5
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

They recently had a major rennovation the other year ... it was one of the bigger dealerships in the area ... I would never have thought they would have gone under. They were a much bigger dealership than Ford .... although I think Ford utilising KIA in the same yard has helped them a bit.

Although Winford Ford is a decent dealership and good service at least.

Although HVH had that much in radio advertisement ... i would have thought this would never have happened.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2012, 09:51 PM   #6
Windsor220
Now Fordless

If the service department dies then it takes the rest with it. All it takes is a few bad service jobs and the word gets around. They dont make much money off new car sales and Commodore has been dropping lately as it is.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2012, 10:33 PM   #7
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

^^^^^^^^^

That makes sense.

Cos one thing Winford Ford is good at is in their Service Department. Out of all the Ford dealerships I have been to ... they are awesome. Nothing was ever an issues (in or out of warranty) ... no BS from them ... decent pricing for work done too.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2012, 11:11 PM   #8
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Service department is the bread and butter of any dealership, we where pulling in $10,000 a day in service department servicing sales easy at Honda in our busy periods.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2012, 02:58 AM   #9
HULK EF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
They recently had a major rennovation the other year ... it was one of the bigger dealerships in the area ... I would never have thought they would have gone under. They were a much bigger dealership than Ford .... although I think Ford utilising KIA in the same yard has helped them a bit.

Although Winford Ford is a decent dealership and good service at least.

Although HVH had that much in radio advertisement ... i would have thought this would never have happened.
"Because buying a car SHOULD BE FUN!!!!"
HULK EF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2012, 09:49 AM   #10
blk6t

They are still around, from time to time they move all the cars around the back every night then bring them out during the day. Not sure if it's due to vandalism.

I drove past yesterday and all cars were out, went past this morning at 6:30 cars all hidden.

Plus there has been a flood warning in place for the past two weeks, so they may have relocated some excess stock.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:29 AM   #11
Miss_XR6

HVH were going down for years since 2008 when they were going to close the doors before going bankrupt
There competition in Penrith, Castle hill were to much for there HVH small dealership
Miss_XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2012, 10:30 AM   #12
Miss_XR6

HVH were going down for years since 2008 when they were going to close the doors before going bankrupt
There competition in Penrith, Castle hill were to much for there HVH small dealership

They do sometimes move there cars out the back
Miss_XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2012, 10:53 AM   #13
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I did a quick search and couldnt find any thing, if it had gone bust it would be all over the local press as the place had been apart of the hawksebury since the FX

I'd hold 5 until some one can find somthing that confirms the demise

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2012, 11:24 AM   #14
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm very uncomfortable about threads like these, local small dealers don't need rumours and gossip about their trading, things like these spread on the internet and can cause irreversible harm, when sometimes there are no issues whatsoever. I also get uncomfortable when Ford dealers are named and shamed for bad service when we only get one side of the story. I'm not saying to stop free and open discussion - its just that years of reputation can be ruined by one forum post.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2012, 12:06 PM   #15
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

From elsewhere.....

Quote:
Hawkesbury Valley Holden has not gone under!
I work in the parts department and can assure you all that we are not going anywhere,
it was not the receivers taking the cars, but just a simple floor plan restructure.
Parts and service are still operating as per normal and new cars will be back very shortly

Please extinguish these rumours as its bad for business!
We aren't going anywhere!!
....internet forums......

EDIT: I should add that i have no idea as to the circumstances surrounding Hawkesbury Valley Holden, i just happened to be on another forum where the above post came from............

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe

Last edited by DJR-351; 12-03-2012 at 12:20 PM.
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2012, 01:05 PM   #16
calais
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

All good then.... My post wasn't made with defaming anyone in mind.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:52 PM   #17
calais
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Can the mods please delete this thread?
Old 16-03-2012, 10:27 AM   #18
blk6t

Sorry to raise an old thread, but it appears that Hawkesbury Valley Holden is going through a pending legal action with the finance company....

http://www.hawkesburygazette.com.au/...s/2489762.aspx

Will keep an eye out, they did have an old VK commodore parked out the front the other day....no cars there today again!
Old 16-03-2012, 10:46 AM   #19
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

They have been running ads on radio station 96.1Fm (The Edge) all week, as usual: now if they were in trouble one would think ads would be pulled (ala Rick Damelian). I believe they are trading as normal.
Fiesta_Man69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post