Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 26-07-2012, 07:07 PM   #1
Neale
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Focus Recall

I took my down 2006 LS Focus Zetec to the local for a service today.

When I went to pick it up they told me that there had been a recall on the car that I had been un aware of.
It affected the rear brake lines that rubbed on a plastic pannel under the car. Usually the problem is fixed by trimming part of the plastic pannel away so that it no longer rubs on the brake line. Mine had been rubbing for a while & needs the brake lines replaced.

Luckily it got found before something went wrong, which is the reason why I spreading the word to get your car checked to make sure the problem has been fixed.

Neale is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2012, 07:11 PM   #2
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 
Default Re: Focus Recall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neale
I took my down 2006 LS Focus Zetec to the local for a service today.

When I went to pick it up they told me that there had been a recall on the car that I had been un aware of.
It affected the rear brake lines that rubbed on a plastic pannel under the car. Usually the problem is fixed by trimming part of the plastic pannel away so that it no longer rubs on the brake line. Mine had been rubbing for a while & needs the brake lines replaced.

Luckily it got found before something went wrong, which is the reason why I spreading the word to get your car checked to make sure the problem has been fixed.
Do you know if this only affects the LS Focus or other models as well ?
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2012, 08:12 PM   #3
Neale
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not sure, its still down at the dealers waiting for new brake lines to come in tomorrow. I will quiz them about it when I pick it up.

The lucky thing about brake systems on modern cars is that they have duel serv brakes so if the back brakes fail, the front ones will still work. But still not something that you want to rely on if you dont have to.
Old 26-07-2012, 08:19 PM   #4
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 

Bit slack on Ford Australias' behalf not to do a proper recall on what is obviously a pretty serious fault

I certainly hope they have picked up their game a bit since
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2012, 08:34 PM   #5
Neale
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ
Bit slack on Ford Australias' behalf not to do a proper recall on what is obviously a pretty serious fault

I certainly hope they have picked up their game a bit since
It pees me off that I got a formal letter from ford telling me to go down & get the compliance sticker checked out because of a fault with the ink on some of the stickers. But they dont tell you about a recall that affects the brakes.

I checked the sticker & it looked fine to me so I never took it down there. Makes me wonder if they made people come back for the sticker & fix the brake problem while they were at it. That way the recall doenst look as bad.
Old 26-07-2012, 11:28 PM   #6
DZFord
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: LS Focus PCV Valve & Hose replacement, a very detailed write up with photos. 

This is a very old recall. Here is a thread going back as far as 2008 on the same recall: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11224925
DZFord is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2012, 11:24 AM   #7
Drizz06
XR50th

Was gonna say this is old! I had my focus done years ago not long after we bought it. Maybe it's time you find yourself a new dealer.
Runabout- 1997 XH longreach in white.
Project- 1976 ZH fairlane 500
Drizz06 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post