Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 14-09-2013, 01:26 AM   #1
Weird_iris
Starter Motor

Default MA TDCI stereo and BT/VC problem

Hi there
just picked up my mk4 tdci today. pretty excited. but just found some problem with it. it has phone and vc button on the indicator switch. (Sony stereo of course). but when i try to pair my phone. it just mute the sound. and no menu, nothing poped out.

and also my aux-in socket is not working. i plugged in a 3.5mm cable and attached with my phone. and i switch to cd/aux just no sound at all. and i dont think there is any cd in the player but when i try to just press eject or load button, the screen shows cd drive fault......

so in love with monde but just this problem. really actually thinking about getting an eonon sat nav. the blaupunkt nx unit are so so so hard to find.

thanks guys

Weird_iris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2013, 11:58 AM   #2
bovva66

Default Re: MA TDCI stereo and BT/VC problem

Are you sure you have bluetooth installed, it was only an option in MA?

Make sure the volume on phone is at max, even then it may not play very loud.
Old 14-09-2013, 12:17 PM   #3
Weird_iris
Starter Motor

Hi mate thanks for reply. In it really sure. I have read that some of them said that if ur indicator switch got phone and cvs bottoms then means it got the module. And I check the ford etis it says BT/VC Phone Interface Only.

And do u have any idea about the aux?
Old 16-09-2013, 02:03 PM   #4
nevetsg

The aux uses the same BT module, maybe it has an issue. I agree that if you have the Voice button stalk with the pickup/hangup then you have the bluetooth module.
So you can see Ford Audio in bluetooth devices on your phone? Then once connected does your phone think it is all good?
Maybe the cable between the stereo and module is unplugged?

RIP: Mondeo 2008 MA TDCi. Colorado Red, Leather, Bluetooth, sunroof, Tow pack. C.R. Tech tuning box
nevetsg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2013, 04:42 PM   #5
Weird_iris
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevetsg View Post
The aux uses the same BT module, maybe it has an issue. I agree that if you have the Voice button stalk with the pickup/hangup then you have the bluetooth module.
So you can see Ford Audio in bluetooth devices on your phone? Then once connected does your phone think it is all good?
Maybe the cable between the stereo and module is unplugged?
Hi there
thanks for reply. nah my phone cant find anything at all. and i found that there were 2 cds stuck in the player and i took them out it seem like they have damaged the player somehow and the drive wont read any cd but keep saying cd drive fault. is it possible to cause the aux's failure? consider they are at the same button?. i have took off the glove box and check, the wires seems well attached but just no sound and the aux port seems very loose, when you plug in the 3.5 cable just doesnt have that click feeling like you plug in you phone or ipod. and i have tried to hold the vc button for seconds, nothing happens. my car just has a really dodgy stereo. i am planning to get a eonon d5162, but before that still wish to get the aux working...- -........btw. is there a special module aside of the head unit for the aux and bt. when i took off the glove box i didnt really check it. just pull around a little bit to see the wire is attached. seems fine. and if there is and other module sitting in somewhere,is there a special port/wire to connect the module to the head unit? from my head unit i cant see anything else but a radio antenna cable and a multi-pin cable attached to the head unit. is that normal?...

cheers
Old 16-09-2013, 05:05 PM   #6
nevetsg

Yours does sound a bit broken.
All I know is what I have read in the past year. My head unit is fine and the voice/BT work...
Apparently the module is behind the Glovebox where the aux plugs into. A Google image search will show you what it looks like. Maybe give it an unplug/blow/plug-in and see what it does.

RIP: Mondeo 2008 MA TDCi. Colorado Red, Leather, Bluetooth, sunroof, Tow pack. C.R. Tech tuning box
nevetsg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2013, 05:32 PM   #7
Weird_iris
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevetsg View Post
Yours does sound a bit broken.
All I know is what I have read in the past year. My head unit is fine and the voice/BT work...
Apparently the module is behind the Glovebox where the aux plugs into. A Google image search will show you what it looks like. Maybe give it an unplug/blow/plug-in and see what it does.
I will try to take out the glovebox and have a look again later. coz as MA badge i think bt/vc is an option so for the cars without the module where will the aux attach to.......so many threads and so many different models of mondeo im so lost..
Less Auxiliary Compact Disc Player
With A/V Jack
BT/VC Phone Interface Only
Roof Mounted Radio Antenna
High CDX6+AM/FM Radio W/Diversity
Ice Feature Pack 7
With 8 High Series Radio Speakers
Telephone Prep Pack B - English
Less Family Entertainment System
Voice Activated Module - British

and im pretty confuse on the infor that i found on ford etis......sigh.......
Old 16-09-2013, 08:31 PM   #8
Weird_iris
Starter Motor

BTW can anyone tell me on the sony 6cd player when you press 1 +6 at the same time, some info will pop out, is the 4 digi security code in there as well?.....i just cant be sure which one it is.......
cheers