Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 10-07-2014, 06:04 PM   #1
xr6tjet
[AUT-747]

Default tickford premium brakes query

Hey guys,

Trying to upgrade the brakes for when I go turbo in my AU. Found these tickford brakes. I know some fit the existing AU1 setup, some need adapter brackets and an AUII/III front end setup. Anyone know? Otherwise ill be sourcing the AU2 setup and some BF turbo brakes.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Tickford-...24b7#vi-ilComp

Cheers, Alex.

xr6tjet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2014, 06:10 PM   #2
raised by monkeys
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: tickford premium brakes query

If this was my scenario, i would do the AU ii/iii front end upgrade with BA/BF brembo's. The only reason i chose this is because of the premium price when paying for at 'T' logo as opposed to the couple of extra $$ for a larger braking area w/ brembos. Plus, big red things behind wheels look tougher too.

Current
SY FPV F6X Territory #214
Previous
FG MkII G6E Turbo built by Heinrichs Performance and Tuning
BFII FPV TORNADO #0021 351rwkw - Heinrich Performance and Tuning

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer" - Arnold Schwarzenegger
raised by monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 11-07-2014, 10:22 AM   #3
xr6tjet
[AUT-747]

Quote:
Originally Posted by raised by monkeys View Post
If this was my scenario, i would do the AU ii/iii front end upgrade with BA/BF brembo's. The only reason i chose this is because of the premium price when paying for at 'T' logo as opposed to the couple of extra $$ for a larger braking area w/ brembos. Plus, big red things behind wheels look tougher too.
Id love to ultimately go brembos. What brake booster mates with the brembo system? I don't think the AU1 booster would cut it lol. Anyone had experience in this before?
Old 11-07-2014, 11:05 AM   #4
BLU-220
FG XR50 TURBO
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr6tjet View Post
Hey guys,

Trying to upgrade the brakes for when I go turbo in my AU. Found these tickford brakes. I know some fit the existing AU1 setup, some need adapter brackets and an AUII/III front end setup. Anyone know? Otherwise ill be sourcing the AU2 setup and some BF turbo brakes.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Tickford-...24b7#vi-ilComp

Cheers, Alex.
i brought the MSD 8241 coils off that guy

Alex have you thought off using Ba gt brakes?? [ the blue c5 caliper ones ] that's what i'm putting on my AU2 GHIA plus i had them on my old AU3 they perform just as good as the Brembo's, being lighter as well plus you only need 17" rims to clear them not like the Brembo's.

cheers Dean
BLU-220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 11-07-2014, 05:33 PM   #5
raised by monkeys
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have heard the S1 brake booster needs an upgrade, but i havent upgraded mine and i run the brembos

Current
Previous

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer" - Arnold Schwarzenegger
Old 11-07-2014, 06:25 PM   #6
raised by monkeys
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by raised by monkeys View Post
I have heard the S1 brake booster needs an upgrade, but i havent upgraded mine and i run the brembos
Sorry, i have a sII AU and i havent upgraded. If you upgraded to at least a sII AU brake booster you may be able to run a bigger set up

Current
Previous

Old 12-07-2014, 12:11 PM   #7
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

So will those caliper carriers bolt up to the series 1 uprights without an adapter bracket like e series?

What size rotor do they use, 330?
Old 13-07-2014, 06:40 PM   #8
xr6tjet
[AUT-747]

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU2GHIA View Post
i brought the MSD 8241 coils off that guy

Alex have you thought off using Ba gt brakes?? [ the blue c5 caliper ones ] that's what i'm putting on my AU2 GHIA plus i had them on my old AU3 they perform just as good as the Brembo's, being lighter as well plus you only need 17" rims to clear them not like the Brembo's.

cheers Dean
Ive decided to go brand new pbr 330mm red/black calipers. They come with braided lines and ill see how they go with the au1 booster. Otherwise ill upgrade it to au2
Old 23-07-2014, 04:27 PM   #9
xr6tjet
[AUT-747]

edit - bought 322mm BF turbo brakes and rear territory brakes over the weekend as well as the entire AU1 to AU2 upgrade bits. Including the booster and master which will be upgraded as well.
This user likes this post:
Old 23-07-2014, 06:10 PM   #10
mif73
CNC fixer guy

Cool, air tools and long impact type sockets (especially 18mm I think) make the job a lot easier, especially when lowering the radiator support.

See if you can preload all your control arms etc with new bushes and ball joints prior to the job (The super pro bushes, and new ball joints transformed the handling and feel too).

PS: I have gone through the S1 to S2 front brake upgrade myself, bar the master cylinder.

Enjoy
Weekend Toy: S1 AU Fairlane V8 with LTD bits, Tickford 17" wheels, front and rear chin spoilers, series 2 front brake conversion with Super pro bushes, Pacemaker headers, rear muffler removed, Kings/Pedders lowered suspension, Koni adj rears, painted headlight bezels, HR 2300kg hitch, 2 stage shift kit, trans cooler, reverse cam and media player.

Wife unit's : 2010 update FG XR6, reverse cam, HR 2300kg Hitch, German Maestro speakers, parcel shelf sub, trimmed mudflaps, batman stickers.
mif73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2014, 10:36 AM   #11
xr6tjet
[AUT-747]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mif73 View Post
Cool, air tools and long impact type sockets (especially 18mm I think) make the job a lot easier, especially when lowering the radiator support.

See if you can preload all your control arms etc with new bushes and ball joints prior to the job (The super pro bushes, and new ball joints transformed the handling and feel too).

PS: I have gone through the S1 to S2 front brake upgrade myself, bar the master cylinder.

Enjoy
Hopefully it will be easier since the engine will be out. Dropping a barra turbo in my AU hence the brake upgrade to pass engineers. Doing it on my mechanic's hoist will help as well lol
Old 24-07-2014, 02:38 PM   #12
mif73
CNC fixer guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr6tjet View Post
Hopefully it will be easier since the engine will be out. Dropping a barra turbo in my AU hence the brake upgrade to pass engineers. Doing it on my mechanic's hoist will help as well lol
The luxury of a friend with a hoist , I think the sway bar brackets will be easier to drill and bolt up without the engine too.
Sounds like a good project, I am at least 10 years away from undertaking anything as big as that. :(
Weekend Toy: S1 AU Fairlane V8 with LTD bits, Tickford 17" wheels, front and rear chin spoilers, series 2 front brake conversion with Super pro bushes, Pacemaker headers, rear muffler removed, Kings/Pedders lowered suspension, Koni adj rears, painted headlight bezels, HR 2300kg hitch, 2 stage shift kit, trans cooler, reverse cam and media player.

Wife unit's : 2010 update FG XR6, reverse cam, HR 2300kg Hitch, German Maestro speakers, parcel shelf sub, trimmed mudflaps, batman stickers.
mif73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post