Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 01-02-2017, 08:42 AM   #1
car10002
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Why do people expect you to fully rely on your car to take it at no notice just intrested to know

Hi

why do people need you to fully depend on your car if its go on a trip or take them somewhere is it because they might think if you currently can't that it's time for something else or might not know

& how do you tell them you can't take your cars far depending on circumstance without having to tell them they got problems especially if your cars are old and high mileage while the cars are good at moment some things need fixing and you cant take it until they're fixed without saying they have problems that might cost more than value

would it be a reason people change every so many years or certain km so they can use them at little notice but also not everyone wants to upgrade and some have already spent a heap or dollars
car10002 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2017, 09:11 AM   #2
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Re: Why do people expect you to fully rely on your car to take it at no notice just intrested to know

ET is calling and he'd like his finger back.

Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2017, 09:25 AM   #3
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 
Default Re: Why do people expect you to fully rely on your car to take it at no notice just intrested to know

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
ET is calling and he'd like his finger back.

Russ
If I were ET I would avoid contact at all cost
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2017, 09:31 AM   #4
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by car10002 View Post
Hi

why do people need you to fully depend on your car if its go on a trip or take them somewhere is it because they might think if you currently can't that it's time for something else or might not know

& how do you tell them you can't take your cars far depending on circumstance without having to tell them they got problems especially if your cars are old and high mileage while the cars are good at moment some things need fixing and you cant take it until they're fixed without saying they have problems that might cost more than value

would it be a reason people change every so many years or certain km so they can use them at little notice but also not everyone wants to upgrade and some have already spent a heap or dollars
I got a heap of cheap crapola cars, between me and the business partner we've got 8 spare cars, we've always got wheels
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2017, 09:56 AM   #5
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

He's right you know.
Cav is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 01-02-2017, 10:14 AM   #6
GT450
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I agree, he is definitely right, and it's his second thread on the subject, perhaps he didn't understand the answers in his first post in the pub section. lol
GT450 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2017, 11:21 AM   #7
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I just tell them if the gearbox goes while you're driving it, you're paying. I also make them take a fire extinguisher in case oil leaks on the headers. Usually after that, they realise they can fit the item in their own car.
Jack91 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2017, 02:35 PM   #8
MrEL
Sick Puppy

I tend to drive naked.
Gets rid of most passengers.
MrEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 01-02-2017, 07:29 PM   #9
foxtrot3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical articles. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEL View Post
I tend to drive naked.
Hi. Did Cav like this reply because he wants to go for a drive with you. Cheers MD

HI

I'M MICHAEL

2003 ACID RUSH BA FUTURA WAGON

light up window switches | auto on cruise control | doubleclick window lift from remote
foxtrot3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2017, 08:20 PM   #10
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

My head hurts for some reason now...
Old 01-02-2017, 08:24 PM   #11
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEL View Post
I tend to drive naked.
Yes officer, I'm very happy to see you...
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2017, 08:30 PM   #12
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tell them to get their own car. I'm glad my life isn't as complex as yours.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2017, 09:30 PM   #13
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Hi

Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2017, 09:32 PM   #14
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

I have six cars and obviously I don't need them all but they're all totally roadworthy. There is really no excuse for keeping a car in poor condition, people are just lazy.
Junkyard-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2017, 09:42 PM   #15
XR6TCraig
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I just take my motorbike!
XR6TCraig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2017, 10:19 PM   #16
blue sleeper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So I was walking in the park the other day, then I got hit by a Truck! But this was no ordinary Truck it had the VIN 05578611248, so I totally knew what hit me, what a glorious day! Shame about the number plate though......

Have: 1JZ Soarer dump pipe, exhaust, coilovers , 17" mags
blue sleeper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2017, 11:55 PM   #17
Squalo
Two Wheels Good

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Has anyone figured this out yet?
1969 Kombi
Squalo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2017, 12:05 AM   #18
uniacidz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This isn't a Hulk thread is it?

Sent from ASUS ZE551ML ^_^
VX SS (R.I.P)
VE Berlina
uniacidz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 02-02-2017, 12:26 AM   #19
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

people cant expect me to use my car !!! as they shouldn't make me

it coz I just want to go see

but I cant leave , the padding is

a long
TRIP
but on what

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
wodahs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2017, 01:19 AM   #20
Pepscobra
Call me dirt... Joe Dirt

It's my own fault for clicking on this thread.....
2007 BFII FPV Cobra Ute|Boss 302|6M|#23/100
Mods so far:
Billet Products Shifter|X-Force Exhaust|Herrod Oil Breathers|Whiteline Sway Bar|Tein SuperStreets|Kings FOR-303SL Rear Springs|Melling Oil Pump|Mace Manifold Spacers|Powerbond Underdrives|Pacemaker Headers|Ballistic Cats|XFT Custom Tune @ 308.3rwkw|DBA T3 Rotors|Ferodo Pads|Goodridge Braided Lines
Mods to come:
4.11 Diff Gears|Chromoly Tailshaft
I use & recommend:
Castrol|Motorcraft|Mainlube|Penrite

Check Out My Build Thread
Pepscobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2017, 01:27 AM   #21
Mercury 8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I wanna no is the cousin hot. May be worth it.......
Mercury 8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2017, 01:37 AM   #22
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Far take car buy someone may not want to.

But business can do this if there is no fire and we all like chicken.

Goats can sometimes do this, but hamsters are much more reliable than my left foot after a rainy day

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 02-02-2017, 04:07 AM   #23
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUF_302 View Post
My head hurts for some reason now...
Its the finger

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2017, 08:45 AM   #24
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 

Old 02-02-2017, 10:58 AM   #25
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue sleeper View Post
So I was walking in the park the other day, then I got hit by a Truck! But this was no ordinary Truck it had the VIN 05578611248, so I totally knew what hit me, what a glorious day! Shame about the number plate though......
Was it 4 8 15 16 23 42?
Jack91 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2017, 11:12 AM   #26
Blue Dog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Hi

..........This is a real concern if this is an example of our education system.
Blue Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2017, 11:50 AM   #27
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniacidz View Post
This isn't a Hulk thread is it?
Was going to post the same question. It is very Hulk-esque.
Old 02-02-2017, 12:30 PM   #28
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Seems like gee up.....

Very much like Hulk, he would post then sit back and watch, never really respond to direct questions, he'd get ***** canned, but again would hardly reply, when the thread fizzed out a bit, he would respond in a calm and benign manner to keep the thread going...
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2017, 02:31 PM   #29
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_Axe View Post
Was going to post the same question. It is very Hulk-esque.
nah this is different, but the results are similar.

but Hulk would pick up chicks in the maccas drive through, in his mates C63 that he borrowed at last weekends BBQ/wedding
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Vesper Martini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2017, 03:01 PM   #30
.:4:.
Kicking back

I think the question is why do people have no respect for others things (one of my man rules is you don't ask to borrow another's car, if another offers a lend, then use your own disgresion and treat it like your own.) I got semi burned by being a good brother and lending him my car for 2 weeks... 3 years ago. I swapped work cars with my manager for a day 2 weeks back as mine need a service. He got his back with a full tank and in the same shape as the swap. Mine came back empty with a rashed front wheel and a scraped front corner (not due to the mechanics). Yes both work cars, but now I look like a crap driver for what was my managers effort.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post