Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-08-2005, 11:13 AM   #1
Chris
AFF.com.au

Default My 12.69 details

Hi guys, pleased to report that we had a great trip to SA, and dave and I managed to grab a couple of PB's. Here are my runs.

12.88 hit limiter in 1st

12.87 LSD shat itself

let diff cool for a while as I only had a one wheel drive launch

1.88.....8.14 and 87mph to the half
12.695 at 106.11

these are all my runs. I was running MT ET drag slicks with frontrunners, and man does the car feel safer now, earlier on the shift you had to watch it a little, now its a lot better, and I may back the shift off a little.

I ran with a full tank of BP ultimate, and i took the decklid, TAILGATE, towbar and spare and jack out. I weighed the car in melb, it was 1820 without me, no juice with tailgate on, so full tank (70kgs) me (90kgs) no tailgate (30kgs approx) we are looking in the mid 1950's with me in it. We also played around, headlight in and out with no difference. (we both have G and D airboxes)

for the record, it went its fastest with the headlight in, but we had to try it.

The 60 ft? well, the track was killer, and I blame it for trashing the LSD (my fault, will put the spare in this week for the forums meet) but I did notice in the car, and the outside and inside video that the car is starting to lift the front and drop the back. (all because of the slicks.) so the slicks will be staying on the car now, as I dont plan on getting any slower. :

The time, temp and track? well the sea level conditions are always a bonus, and in this case, I reckon about a half tenth to a tenth advantage. Having said that, it was a killer headwind, so I'll have to wait for heathcote before I can back all these up. The temp and time? the scale for the runs above is 11 am to 4 pm, in order.

The LS1's? im starting to see some real life signs that we are getting somewhere - my great mate Davo (sly xr8) ran consistent 12.9's with MT ET streets, and I have no doubt he will be hungry for more.

We did have some great moments with the SA boys and VSU LS1 crowd at the Gepps cross pub on the friday night and sat night. It was me and davo onto all these LS1 boys, you should have seen the looks on their faces when i presented the weight break idea, believe me, none of these guys are happy that we are getting closer by the day.

Dave's big bro even spent 2k on NOS because we are getting close.

I tried a few things on the way back down the return road, i stabbed the throttle at 2900 rpm (my current launch) and it felt tough, i stabbed it at 4000rpm and it felt like it had a far bigger number. so I think the "Kill" launch will be next.

Oh, and on the way home, I stopped in at Bill towler automotive and won the dyno comp with my highway 91 octane econo tune and stock TB. (236rwkw)
After i was done, an F18 flew over real low and fast, much to the delight of all present. I love my big boss, and I looked up at the fighter and knew how he was feeling, loving his job, blasting the hornet all over SA.

I would like to thank the following people,

Vic street utes, great bunch, my liver will never be the same,

Difillipo exhausts, they are number one.

Ararat TMU, thanks guys, the speeding fine sat nicely next to the 12.69 slip

The Bar staff at the Gepps cross hotel - I dont normally stand on the barstool and try to pour myself free beers, but its not everyday you run a number......

Davo, sly, my right hand man and arch enemy on the blacktop

Simon, i just dont have the words, and last but not least, my girl, I know she reads this from time to time, thanks for letting me out to play, you are a gun and i love you to pieces.

Rock on guys, see you at heathcote!! have to go freshen up my spare diff....

Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post