Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-09-2005, 11:56 AM   #1
howey

Default fpr factory - very impressed

I was lucky enough to go for a guided tour through the FPR workshops and fabrication areas last night, in one of three groups of about fifteen people. I must say that even though I had a fair idea of what I would see, I was suitably impressed anyway.

We missed by 5 minutes seeing Rob Benson giving his development mule engine a pounding in the dyno room which was a shame.

The only area we weren't allowed to be taken through was the electronic engineering and suspension r+d area as too many secrets could be viewed.

The tour was well run, so it is something they obviously do regularly and I would recommend anyone who has the opportunity to go takes advantage of it.

howey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 03:34 PM   #2
martO
meh

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his efforts in creating the monthly Photoshop competitions and advice/tips on how to use Photoshop. 

I've personally recieved a guided tour of the factory when i was down there for work experience last year, it was quite impressive. I missed out on seeing Lowndes or Seton as they were at the QLD 300 round. Although John Bowe made it up there during the 2 weeks I was there. But i preferred the visit to the research and development centre where i saw quite a few typhoons and test mules whilst it was still a concept model, and the tornado before it was released. Oh and a few other secret things yet to be seen.

I would also recommend anyone to go there its quite good to see, I would assume they give thorough tours if you went with a tour guide so it would definately be worth it.

martO