Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-10-2005, 11:29 AM   #1
8pAc
RDP #181

Default Honking Fools....

Hi Guys. I havent started a new thread for a while but something happened to me and my girlfriend last night that was an absolute classic.

We had gone down to see Serenity at the movies, excelent film highly recommended, and after it finished we were making our way out past the pubs and cafes near the cinema as it was busy being friday night and all. Anyway we get too a zebra crossing and a barina stops to let us go. As we cross we just get past it by 1/2 a metre and they honk at us. I spin round to see a 17 year old girl and her boyfriend giggle and speed off.

STUPID MOVE , especially when there is a red light like 5 metres away from our position and she is unlucky enough to line up behind another car. So after 30 odd seconds off my girlfriend and I going WTF stupid little girl I decide to scare the living out of them as we can still see her looking at us.

So i drop what im holding and start running at there car at full speed. When they noticed me coming the girl totally herself and was just about in the passenger seat scrambling to hit the door lock spilling her boyfriends drink all over the place. When i arrived at my destination of her window i started yelling abuse at her and banging on her window. The sheer look of panic and terror was pure gold, after 30 seconds of this i stop and calmly walk back to my girlfriend without a single comment or noise comming from the either of them.

The best bit was a group of 6 or so other people saw the whole thing and started hurling there own abuse at them when I was walking off.

Great Movie, Great after entertainment. :monkes: :

Camrys like most Toyotas have always been ugly, poorly equiped & brain crushingly dull but that's what a lot of people look for in a car unfortunately. I like my fridge, it keeps my beer cold other people like them so much they want to drive them it seems.
8pAc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2005, 01:39 PM   #2
stiddy
Banned

hahahaha love it..
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2005, 01:51 PM   #3
Woz
As in 'best there ever'

LMFAO!

Well done, 8pAc! An old move, but a classic move. Always good to see.

My XB Fairmont Sedan Project
Woz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2005, 02:15 PM   #4
buickman
buickman

Sometimes you have to just ignore some people. Major fights over petty matters happen if you worry about other morons in life.

As the labour member for information (1949) & only Australin politican to be shot Arthur Augustus Caldwell said two wongs (wrongs) don't make a white (right).

buickman
buickman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2005, 03:30 PM   #5
big_pete
Sublime

and im sure the girls will tell all there friends about this crazy guy who couldnt even handle a practicle joke!
Old 15-10-2005, 04:00 PM   #6
Blue Oval Mopar Man
Has Blue Blood

I did something similar to a young bloke and his girlfreind once after they cut me off ! Only to get to a red light anyway! I got out of my car walked up to his drivers side window , and best of all hasnt seen me walking up to his car ! When I got there I started bashing on his window and yelled "HEY MATE " , he was leaning as far from the window as he could and was terrified , and I told him to wind his window down a bit ! After repeated times of me asking , he finally winds his window down a little , and I said " your NO FEAR sticker doesnt work very well does it ? " And then I walked calmly back and got in my car !

And a few years ago ( when i was young and silly ) me and a mate used to cruise alot in melbourne , and used to pull up at lights regularly and get in a yelling match , then get out of our cars and start abusing eachother in front of heaps of cars waiting at the lights as well! Then we would just start talking normaly and agree to meet at the local watering hole for a few drinks like nothing had happened ! hehehehehehe Silly, but we used to get a laugh out of it !

I'm not arrogent , Just superior
Blue Oval Mopar Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2005, 04:00 PM   #7
HOON69
Banned

wouldnt of been funny if the 6 ppl who were watching were their mates walking home thinking you were trying to do them harm it could of turned ugly in so many ways.

might be funny in highsight but in the end this time you were lucky..
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2005, 04:12 PM   #8
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lol they'll think about honking next time
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2005, 04:57 PM   #9
8pAc
RDP #181

Quote:
Originally Posted by buickman
Sometimes you have to just ignore some people. Major fights over petty matters happen if you worry about other morons in life.

As the labour member for information (1949) & only Australin politican to be shot Arthur Augustus Caldwell said two wongs (wrongs) don't make a white (right).

buickman
Yeah normally we would and my girlfriend did, however i figured if your dumb enough to do this to someone then eventually you get whats coming to you and as GlennAUII said maybe they will think about there actions in the future.
Camrys like most Toyotas have always been ugly, poorly equiped & brain crushingly dull but that's what a lot of people look for in a car unfortunately. I like my fridge, it keeps my beer cold other people like them so much they want to drive them it seems.
Old 16-10-2005, 12:41 AM   #10
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Tell you what ... you were lucky her boyfriend didn't pull a gun on you. You would have been really screwed then.

If someone does that to me .. I just ignore them and be on my way without making a scene and causing more trouble.

You were very very lucky to walk away from that alive. Especially in this day and age.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2005, 12:42 AM   #11
Woz
As in 'best there ever'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Oval Mopar Man
I did something similar to a young bloke and his girlfreind once after they cut me off ! Only to get to a red light anyway! I got out of my car walked up to his drivers side window , and best of all hasnt seen me walking up to his car ! When I got there I started bashing on his window and yelled "HEY MATE " , he was leaning as far from the window as he could and was terrified , and I told him to wind his window down a bit ! After repeated times of me asking , he finally winds his window down a little , and I said " your NO FEAR sticker doesnt work very well does it ? " And then I walked calmly back and got in my car !

And a few years ago ( when i was young and silly ) me and a mate used to cruise alot in melbourne , and used to pull up at lights regularly and get in a yelling match , then get out of our cars and start abusing eachother in front of heaps of cars waiting at the lights as well! Then we would just start talking normaly and agree to meet at the local watering hole for a few drinks like nothing had happened ! hehehehehehe Silly, but we used to get a laugh out of it !
:

**Starts writing down ideas**

Old 16-10-2005, 10:28 AM   #12
8pAc
RDP #181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
Tell you what ... you were lucky her boyfriend didn't pull a gun on you. You would have been really screwed then.

If someone does that to me .. I just ignore them and be on my way without making a scene and causing more trouble.

You were very very lucky to walk away from that alive. Especially in this day and age.

I 17 year old with a gun in brisbane would have to be the most unlikely event ever, especially in the area it happened. I had factored him getting out of the car looking for trouble. But turns out they were too scared. e
Old 16-10-2005, 10:50 PM   #13
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Where abouts in brisvegas was it? Sounds like Garden City to me, though I am probably wrong.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2005, 10:58 PM   #14
8pAc
RDP #181

It was at Chermside, similer sort of layout.
Old 16-10-2005, 11:06 PM   #15
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

lol ahh Chermside, typical from fools around there, happend many a time and happens all the time in brisbane city, meah funny though and good on you for doing it lol, but yea could have gone pear shaped if he was a real ******** but LOL.

you can sleep in your car, but you cant drift your house...
UNR8D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2005, 10:26 AM   #16
HOON69
Banned

chermside is like garden city
looks placid but if you wait till dark and get in the wrong place at the wrong time your fubar'd

im glad you got yours back on them but i wouldnt go trying that on every person who honks etc
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2005, 05:28 PM   #17
8pAc
RDP #181

I dont go start yelling crazy stuff to everyone i see do something spaz as there are some crazy people out there. What the silly little girl and her boyfriend should have realised is that I MAY BE THE CRAZY ONE with a gun who may just loose his temper at something small. The game plays both ways.
Old 17-10-2005, 05:39 PM   #18
HLC
Audi S3

my mates and i went to go for some happy laps in the city in my old falcon, so we pull up at the lights i cant remember where i think it was on george street and we were next to this green p-plater who was driving a new mercedes an SL-500 i think... anyway i signal him to wind down his window so he does and i yell out "my daddy bout my car for me as well" it was bloody hilarious and he was so ****ed off!
Old 17-10-2005, 06:06 PM   #19
nang3

mate thats exactly what i would have done.. good work !!
nang3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2005, 07:05 PM   #20
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

geez someone needs to take some chill pills or something...

your lucky the boyfriend didnt take offence and start a fight. Better to let things go i reckon, why make something out of nothing? Though I'm sure your girlfriend thoguht you were a big man for terrorising a teenage girl :ymca:
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2005, 07:24 PM   #21
8pAc
RDP #181

I was sort of hoping he would get out, but I didnt even get a response not even another playful toot ;). Actually my girlfriend thought it was quite funny as she wasnt impressed at all by the honking we received.
Old 17-10-2005, 08:06 PM   #22
AU1FORME
Son of Wolverine

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8pAc
I dont go start yelling crazy stuff to everyone i see do something spaz as there are some crazy people out there. What the silly little girl and her boyfriend should have realised is that I MAY BE THE CRAZY ONE with a gun who may just loose his temper at something small. The game plays both ways.

they could have accidently hit the horn and was laughing at themselves out of embarrassment, did you think of that???

Ended OK this time but maybe next time she may get out and bit*h slap you both :
Old 17-10-2005, 08:08 PM   #23
AUIII

nice one 8pac, I live on a busy road with no traffic lights and young guys in cars are always screaming past and beeping or yelling things out to any one they see.

I just find it strange I don’t see the humour in it, if I’m out the front mowing the lawn and you hear a car scream past and the passenger blurts something out by the time you look up there gone ,and you can never hear what they say anyway.

I always chuckle to myself imaging them telling each other how cool they are as they drive off.
Old 17-10-2005, 09:55 PM   #24
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Wow man, you're lucky Lee Harvy Oswald didn't see the whole thing, get ****ed off and tell Elvis to punch you in the face. You never know, Chuck Norris might of joined in. Then who would back you up?

Jeez some people are sooks around here! Someone pull a gun on him? Get real, it's Brisvegas, not South Central LA.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2005, 10:25 PM   #25
GROOV3
Rollin

hahahah gold, we go out horning, with an air horn scaring the crap out of people walking along lol its all in good fun, we do it in a mini moke hahahah

though we do thinkg about lights and stuff never horn if you think you are about to be stopped and we dont do it to cars or other people driving.

pure gold though
GROOV3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2005, 10:42 PM   #26
8pAc
RDP #181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
Wow man, you're lucky Lee Harvy Oswald didn't see the whole thing, get ****ed off and tell Elvis to punch you in the face. You never know, Chuck Norris might of joined in. Then who would back you up?

Jeez some people are sooks around here! Someone pull a gun on him? Get real, it's Brisvegas, not South Central LA.
hahahaaha classic maybe i could of called on jackie chan, if he wasnt busy... lol

As AUIII says i live on a busy road and get this all the time and just like AU says 99% of the time you sort of look up thinking mmm did some tool just yell something out.
Old 18-10-2005, 01:01 AM   #27
Woz
As in 'best there ever'

Quote:
Originally Posted by GROOV3
hahahah gold, we go out horning, with an air horn scaring the crap out of people walking along lol its all in good fun, we do it in a mini moke hahahah

though we do thinkg about lights and stuff never horn if you think you are about to be stopped and we dont do it to cars or other people driving.

pure gold though
Those hand held airhorns are at their greatest potentional when used while walking through supermarkets and shopping centers.

Old 18-10-2005, 02:00 AM   #28
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

mm one time when some friends and i were walking back home from the station (buses stopped at 9) some car slows down and the passenger yells out "Get a car cheapass!" then they zoom off lol we looked at each other and laughed
xurbanx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2005, 11:31 AM   #29
Woz
As in 'best there ever'

Quote:
Originally Posted by xurbanx
mm one time when some friends and i were walking back home from the station (buses stopped at 9) some car slows down and the passenger yells out "Get a car cheapass!" then they zoom off lol we looked at each other and laughed
Haha! I see the humour there.

A good one to yell at cyclists is "Push harder, your mum had to!"

Old 18-10-2005, 01:13 PM   #30
Hardtopxb
Once PHASED.

About 2 years ago a mate and i were driving down parramatta rd in auburn. my mate driving his ea. he pulls in front of a commodore, with 3 idiots in it( i think they still had nappies on).we wanted to turn right so changed lanes( a herd of elephants had room to get in) anyway they took exception to us and started yelling,honking the horn and piled out of the car threatening all sorts of mayhem towards us.now between them getting out of their car and us quietly getting out of ours something very strange happened, they all of a sudden went very quiet and slunk back to their car and sat without a sound until about 2 minutes later the lights changed and we all trundled off,(the laughter and derision( directed at the 3 heroes) from the people in the cars around us was in its self very amusing)I dont know if it had anything to do with the fact that my mate is 6'5" and i am 6' 2" and we were both well built,( even though we were both in our 50s at the time) or that we were coming home from karate class, or that we still had on our GIs(karate uniforms with our black belts still wrapped around our waists)( this is a true story) anyway all i can say is the stupidy of youth still astounds me...( we have all been there)................