Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 11-01-2006, 09:37 PM   #1
supa eb
1995 EF Futura

Unhappy Problem when auto shifts up...(ef)

My ef seems to have developed a problem when the auto changes gear (from what I can recall it seems to occur in all upward shifts) in that the engine seems to hesistate and stutter until I release some pressure from the accelerator and allow the revs to drop.
It normally occurs whenever it shifts at between 2,250 rpm and about 2,750 rpm. If I am driving lightly and it shifts lower (say 2,000 rpm), then there is no hesistation. However, if I drive it harder it will often be revving in betweem 2,250 and 2,500 after a change in gear, and hence it has the problem then too. I'm a bit puzzled as to what it may be, but was thinking that it may have something to do with the intake. Anyone know wthat this might be?
Thanks in advance...

supa eb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2006, 09:02 PM   #2
supa eb
1995 EF Futura

Anyone have any ideas???
Old 14-01-2006, 11:17 PM   #3
TURBOTAXI
Turbo Falcon Fiend

I have had trans do that when they have been low on fluid. Maybe a service and fluid check is in order.
TURBOTAXI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2006, 11:32 PM   #4
InitialD
Low and Loud

Does it do it over 3000rpm?

Get the Auto checked out for peace of mind, people dont do that enough

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2006, 01:10 AM   #5
GenesiS
*Smart *** comment here*

wat happens when you grandma drive it.... my el shifts through to fourth without hitting 2k on the revs if i take off lightly...

If you find it doesnt change when grandma drivingmay be time for a trans service...
Lowered all round on King Spring Super Lows
Tinted Windows, Pioneer MP3 Player and Audio System
K&N High Flow Air Filter Mounted in Original Air Box
Trip Computer
NGK Sports Performance Leads
NGK Sports Plugs
Autotecnica Oil Catch Can
GenesiS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2006, 07:56 AM   #6
supa eb
1995 EF Futura

Yeah I think the trans may need a service as she was treated pretty poorly before I owned her (it used to have a mini-spool with a locker in the diff and did several burnouts, but for the price I paid for the car it was still a bargain). The previous owner told me that I might want to change the trans fluid, but I didn't think was problem was related to the auto. I've only owned her for a little over a week and haven't had the money to get any work done yet.
After 3,000 rpm she's fine, and when I drive her like a grandma and the revs stay below 2,250 she's fine then too. I really can't deal with driving like a grandma though, especially when I've got a good cd on.
Thanks for the replies guys!