Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 14-01-2006, 01:55 AM   #1
EASPRINT
FPV GT-P 335!

Default Time for a Change....

I thought i'd make a quick post incase people haven't noticed that the SLOWEA is up for sale. I have decided to either sell the car and build a new one, or keep going with this one. But one thing is for sure......either way the car will not be setup for street driving (if ya know what i mean..). I have thought long and hard about it...and i think I've gotta go one way or the other....either have a resonably quick street car which is always gonna be targeted by the boys in blue or go all out and set it up for drag racing. I will keep you guys posted on what's happening, but keep your eyes out later in the year for the finished product.....I'm still planning on running the car at Easternats, so anyone wishing to come for a spin come along. Also if anyone would like to help out and let me borrow a T5 box to have on standby for the Easter weekend let me know... :Reverend:

Old 14-01-2006, 02:20 AM   #2
-jjM-
Banned

id really hate to see your car go honestly, id love to see it do alot more, i havent even seen it yet, but defonetly make the effort for easternats to come along an see it

good luck wit the sale or future of the car
-jjM- is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2006, 02:35 AM   #3
Obriza
Banned

DONT SELL IT!!! Its too good to sell. I would love to go for a spin in that thing at easternats. If i had the money right now i would buy that in a second. I think you should do it up more and see how fast an e-series can get.
Obriza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2006, 09:42 AM   #4
Gunns
Banned

I have a spare box for ya dave. It just sitting there waiting for a extreme clutch bfore it gets bolted up to the other engine.
Gunns is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2006, 10:06 AM   #5
snypereb
[EBGLT]

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Yeah mate dont sell it its to good to get rid of!!

Become an E-Series Owners Club Member Today!
http://eseries.com.au/index.php/membership/
snypereb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2006, 10:09 AM   #6
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

If you were to sell it, what sort of project would you be looking at doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2006, 10:38 AM   #7
INJECTED_250
Custom user title

Id set up up for drag... the cops just love turbo powered cars to much, and with the cash u save from rego= more mods :>... I mean there are drag meets every weekend pretty much so theres lots of chances to drive it
INJECTED_250 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2006, 10:56 AM   #8
EASPRINT
FPV GT-P 335!

Quote:
Originally Posted by INJECTED_250
Id set up up for drag... the cops just love turbo powered cars to much, and with the cash u save from rego= more mods :>... I mean there are drag meets every weekend pretty much so theres lots of chances to drive it
Thats' what i'm thinking... :1syellow1
Old 14-01-2006, 12:52 PM   #9
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thats sad Dave, damn police!! Ever thought of getting it all engineered? It might cost you about $3000 but it would be worth it IMO.

Its a bloody nice car not to be on the streets.

Find something light to whack it all into if you want it to be race only. Small body + big power =
Old 14-01-2006, 01:23 PM   #10
ea_boss_05

why would you?
that thing is to nice to sell, i have always loved the look of that car.
ill come up and have a chat at the nats.
LUKE
ea_boss_05 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2006, 03:00 PM   #11
TUFED6
Banned

You're the last person I thought would sell up!

Put an auto in it before you do anything drastic! Reg is pretty cheap at the end of the day compared to everything else that you need to build a car like yours.

- John
TUFED6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2006, 04:04 PM   #12
ilsautomotive
Former E-Series Member

I do hope you end up keeping it as it's a real work of art, but I know it can be a very tough call to make.
ilsautomotive is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post