Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-01-2006, 10:54 PM   #1
xdwagonnn

Default Burnout comps...

Hey all, my mates have tempted me to enter a burnout comp in a couple of weeks, says he will enter his car if i enter mine, im fairly new to them i have done the odd skid out the road and stuff but not anything hardocre like this. the car ill be using is an xd falcon 351/toploader and a 2.77 LSD, i want to change the diff to an ED wagon diff so i would get like 3.23s or whatever they had but other then that and a 600VS holley its rather stock, its all just a bit of fun right? haha any hints/tips? thanks guys/girls!

xdwagonnn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2006, 11:03 PM   #2
Craig
RIP Craig - 13/11/08
Donating Member1

As long as it is in a controlled environment you should have some fun, do the burnout in second gear, once the wheels are spinning use your left foot to control the brakes. Keep an eye on your tacho so you don't over rev the sucker. If you manage to smoke it for a while also watch the temp gauge. Be very careful if your doing donuts or figure eights as you can become disorientated and end up hitting something.

All the best...
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2006, 11:44 PM   #3
Psycho Chicken
Banned

As above, make sure you keep an eye on the tacho and temp guage. Tach not so much as you can hear the thing reving, but temp guage can get in the red very quickly.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2006, 12:01 AM   #4
GRNKPR
DPC PERFORMANCE Race prep

keep the 2 77 diff gears its all about tyre speed ,it will turn harder which = heaps of smoke and give it a go in second gear if you start in water

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club
GRNKPR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2006, 12:01 AM   #5
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

i have always wanted to know... how bad is it for the engine to be inhaling huge amounts of tyre smoke ( vapourised rubber ) instead of fresh clean cool air?
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2006, 09:01 AM   #6
xdwagonnn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRNKPR
keep the 2 77 diff gears its all about tyre speed ,it will turn harder which = heaps of smoke and give it a go in second gear if you start in water
yeah i realise that but im a bit worried if it has the ponies to keep them going? it handles it fine on closed private roads : but i would think that a burnout track would be very sticky front the amount of rubber layed on it?
thanks for all the advise also :
xdwagonnn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2006, 09:32 AM   #7
LTDHO
The one and only

A strong 351 with good torque should handle 2.77. If the torque is low then 3.23 or 3.5 are your option. These can be found in 3 speed XE's!

Also good idea to fit oil pressutre gauge.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post