Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 07-02-2006, 10:25 PM   #1
divine_afg
Extreme_Custom

Default Cruise to AU DAY from SE/Melb to ALBERT PARK

g'day Blue Bloods
since we have a big day coming up thought it be nice to have an organise cruise for the members down SE/Melb eg. E/hills, dandenong, narre warren, rowvill, and etc........ please include your ideas and suggestions and please mention if you want to join in members from other suburbs are wellcome...
my suggestion is we could have a meeting point down dandenong cause everyone would know where it is and easy to find then take cheltenham rd to springvale rd down to editvale and beach rd ................ or simply cruise along the hwy

cheers
harris

divine_afg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2006, 10:30 PM   #2
OZFORDAU
Banned

Thumbs up Good!

Good well im in anyway! Im a amature photography so when we have our big line up of AU's i'll get someone to hold the steering wheel i'll set it on cruise! And i'll stick my head out the window and get a few snap shots lol!

Cheers

Simon
OZFORDAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2006, 10:31 PM   #3
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

good idea mate, its probably too early for most people to put there name down, but i will put my name down now, where do you think a good meeting point would be?

it would be good if the old stock yards there on cheltnham road was on the other side of the road, that way it would be wasy to have a convoy leave, but as its on the other side, we woudl all get broken up.
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2006, 10:31 PM   #4
sfr rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZFORDAU
Good well im in anyway! Im a amature photography so when we have our big line up of AU's i'll get someone to hold the steering wheel i'll set it on cruise! And i'll stick my head out the window and get a few snap shots lol!

Cheers

Simon

cant you drive with your feet yet? :hihi:
Old 07-02-2006, 10:40 PM   #5
divine_afg
Extreme_Custom

old stock yards sounds good lots of car space mmmmmmmmm abt getting broken up
doubt that would be a big deal as on a sunday morning there hardly is any traffic to cross is plus we got plenty of time till we head springvale rd to editvale......
and again from reading lots of cruise threads BUNNINGS seems to be a popular meeting point and v got one down princess hwy dandenong
Old 07-02-2006, 10:41 PM   #6
divine_afg
Extreme_Custom

The List
1. Sfr Rob
2. Ozfordau
3. Divine Afg
Old 07-02-2006, 10:49 PM   #7
OZFORDAU
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine_afg
old stock yards sounds good lots of car space mmmmmmmmm abt getting broken up
doubt that would be a big deal as on a sunday morning there hardly is any traffic to cross is plus we got plenty of time till we head springvale rd to editvale......
and again from reading lots of cruise threads BUNNINGS seems to be a popular meeting point and v got one down princess hwy dandenong
Very good idea but ummm where the hell is the stock yards? lmao! And Bunnings is a great idea!
Old 07-02-2006, 10:50 PM   #8
OZFORDAU
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfr rob
cant you drive with your feet yet? :hihi:
haha hmm goota try that soon.... :
Old 07-02-2006, 10:55 PM   #9
sfr rob

stock yards is off cheltnham road.. i am getting a map.. hold on

i think bunnings would be better....
Old 07-02-2006, 10:56 PM   #10
divine_afg
Extreme_Custom

old stock yards is in cheltenham rd where they building new houses in dandenong
Old 07-02-2006, 11:01 PM   #11
OZFORDAU
Banned

Wink Stock Forte

LOL i only have a stock Forte, i feel im embarrassed! lol! Ok its got Farimont wheels and i have 2 blue neons inside lmao!
Old 07-02-2006, 11:01 PM   #12
sfr rob

stock yards is here.. kinda where the circle is... you would know what we are on about when you drive past, if you have ever been down this way....

Old 07-02-2006, 11:02 PM   #13
OZFORDAU
Banned

Talking Yup

i braught the car down that way! So hopefully things look familiar!
Old 07-02-2006, 11:04 PM   #14
sfr rob

cool, it would be good to have cruise nights more often i say, but its hard to get everyone in the same area at the same time.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:08 PM   #15
OZFORDAU
Banned

Default Night Cruz!

Night's would be a mad idea! Yeh is hard getting everyone together thou :-(
Old 08-02-2006, 12:03 AM   #16
GUTLES
Adam.

If i come to the AU BBQ I'd be in on meeting at Dandy, will let ya know for sure closer to the day..

2007 BF Mk2 Winter White E-Gas Wagon, 6 Seater.

2002 AU3 XR6, Liquid Silver, Manual, Sunroof, LPG, Rebel Kit, BA GTP's, Momo Steering Wheel & Gear Knob.
GUTLES is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2006, 12:43 AM   #17
OZFORDAU
Banned

Talking Ok

Ok thanks GUTLES, looking forward to seeing you there!
Old 08-02-2006, 01:43 AM   #18
KOUPE76
OLD SKOOL BABY

Just read the thread,good idea divine_afg : , since I live in Edithvale may I suggest either Bunnings on the corner of S/Vale and Cheltenham Rd. or Mitre 10 Mega on the corner of S/Vale and Boundary Rd. that way you 2 min away from lovely Beach Rd. (mind the fu#$%n bikes : )

Probably won't be able to join you guys : : since the Council permit is in my name I think I will be at Albert Park real early organising trafic managment : and the like.

A cruise after the bbq is on the cards I think as their will be a sh1t load of au's from everywhere.Any ideas of a good cruise spot : :

Keeping in mind to avoid Chapel St. and maybe Dandy as it's pretty much cop bait. :

1976 XB GS COUPE (waiting to start the rebuild)
KOUPE76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2006, 01:59 AM   #19
OZFORDAU
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUPRNT XR8
may I suggest either Bunnings on the corner of S/Vale and Cheltenham Rd. or Mitre 10 Mega on the corner of S/Vale and Boundary Rd. that way you 2 min away from lovely Beach Rd. (mind the fu#$%n bikes : )

Very good suggestion from bluprnt Bunnings ia proberly the way to go! As we all can't miss a massive green and red wearhouse bigger then all of our bloddy garages put together! lol......I'll try and get a map together!

Old 08-02-2006, 02:12 AM   #20
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Sounds good , im in . What about maybe meeting in the big carpark thats part of the Keysborough Pub on the crn of dandy/cheltenham rd and corrigan rd ( is 2 mins from the cattle yard ) and less chance of getting seperated from there (Alot more people around there too who might appreciate a bit off a look be4 we all head off ), besides if u arrive earlly u can always have a few drinks in the pub / club / bar while waiting if u like ???????? sound ok ???
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2006, 02:22 AM   #21
OZFORDAU
Banned

Default Map!

Here is the map....hope it's adequate enough! :nutsycuck
Old 08-02-2006, 02:26 AM   #22
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Or even maybe THE SANDOWN PUB , thats a good place to head off from
Old 08-02-2006, 02:29 AM   #23
OZFORDAU
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6-VCT-2000
Sounds good , im in . What about maybe meeting in the big carpark thats part of the Keysborough Pub on the crn of dandy/cheltenham rd and corrigan rd ( is 2 mins from the cattle yard ) and less chance of getting seperated from there (Alot more people around there too who might appreciate a bit off a look be4 we all head off ), besides if u arrive earlly u can always have a few drinks in the pub / club / bar while waiting if u like ???????? sound ok ???

I Don't know,

I just think everyone will know where Bunning's is thats all! Ummm the car's will get a lot of look anyway at Bunning's...we'll just take up heaps of car spaces lol! It's a sunday mouring so road's wont be too bad! :nutsycuck
Old 08-02-2006, 02:36 AM   #24
OZFORDAU
Banned

Default The List

The List
1. Sfr Rob
2. Ozfordau
3. Divine Afg
4. XR6-VCT-2000
Old 08-02-2006, 06:55 AM   #25
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

OZFORDAU .... Im easy , sounds better than the cattle yards cos u get all those 'L'unatic learner drivers down there on the weekend trying to learn how to drive , i dont want my car becoming a victim to a learner ..lol , Bunnings sounds good .....but ( dont wanna sound like a sook ...lol ) ..but ..that place also worrys me a bit in the carpark there with all the people with trailers and large vehicles picking up big bits of wood up etc etc from bunnings - and them too damaging cars ????? , i dunno ..lol , in the end i'll go where ever everyone else wants to go anyway ..
Old 08-02-2006, 11:45 AM   #26
BJMXR

By the way guys, someone mentioned in this thread about a cruise after the BBQ... obviously it'd only be for those interested to join in. But im keen... maybe something we just work out on the day?

Im from N/E so ill be meeting you guys at the park. Were cruising from Preston area.
Lowered on King SL & SSL
KONI "Yellows" Fully Adjustable Shocks
2.5in Stainless Herrods Cat back
Black Leather Interior
BJMXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2006, 02:03 PM   #27
OZFORDAU
Banned

Default Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6-VCT-2000
OZFORDAU .... Im easy , sounds better than the cattle yards cos u get all those 'L'unatic learner drivers down there on the weekend trying to learn how to drive , i dont want my car becoming a victim to a learner ..lol , Bunnings sounds good .....but ( dont wanna sound like a sook ...lol ) ..but ..that place also worrys me a bit in the carpark there with all the people with trailers and large vehicles picking up big bits of wood up etc etc from bunnings - and them too damaging cars ????? , i dunno ..lol , in the end i'll go where ever everyone else wants to go anyway ..
Hey lol good point i dont want my car a victim of a learner either lol! Mitre 10 Mega would be the same thing thing! lol damn were that imporantant enough cant we get our own dedicated parking area lol :nutsycuck
Old 08-02-2006, 02:05 PM   #28
OZFORDAU
Banned

Default Cruise Post BBQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJMXR
By the way guys, someone mentioned in this thread about a cruise after the BBQ... obviously it'd only be for those interested to join in. But im keen... maybe something we just work out on the day?

Im from N/E so ill be meeting you guys at the park. Were cruising from Preston area.

Im sure that's something we can all oraganize on the day! But yeh for sure that's a must!
Old 08-02-2006, 02:08 PM   #29
KOUPE76
OLD SKOOL BABY

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZFORDAU
Hey lol good point i dont want my car a victim of a learner either lol! Mitre 10 Mega would be the same thing thing! lol damn were that imporantant enough cant we get our own dedicated parking area lol :nutsycuck
Bunnings carpark is huge, on the Springvale Rd. end the carpark is always empty as it's to far for people to walk lol; so I can't see any issues on thr day plus their are a heap a factorys that won't be open so we could always used their carparks :

1976 XB GS COUPE (waiting to start the rebuild)
KOUPE76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2006, 02:34 PM   #30
OZFORDAU
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUPRNT XR8
Bunnings carpark is huge, on the Springvale Rd. end the carpark is always empty as it's to far for people to walk lol; so I can't see any issues on thr day plus their are a heap a factorys that won't be open so we could always used their carparks :
Yeh Bunning's sounds really good then! Let's make it Bunning's then who else thinks so?