Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-03-2006, 07:09 PM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Unhappy Nissan TIIDA and Mitsu 380

The Nissan TIIDA has only been on the market a month. And I see more TIIDA'S than 380's ,on the road. I think MITSU should pull the plug now. Its only delaying the inevitable, sad too say.

csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2006, 08:54 PM   #2
PH47
Ford Power, in a Merc?

I see a fair few 380's up here..

Yet to see a tiida.

All depends on area I guess.
PH47 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2006, 09:40 PM   #3
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Constant negative perception of what is a decent car just because the factory might close isnt helping sales either.

I havent seen a Tiida yet in Sydney, seen plenty of 380s though. That said, sales of the large car market will be in decline until the VE and Aurion are launched and there is a bit more interest in the large vehicle segment.

The problem that Mitsubishi needs to fix is that everyone seems to think that it's not a going concern, they need to get their marketing and communications department to get something together to show that they are committed to adelaide and Australia.

The launch of the 380 was a textbook way of a failed launch campaign. The drip fed method aka BA for the 380 didnt really inspire too much interest, large space is good, but it's not a sole factor I'm going to pick one large car over another. Then the price of the base model was probably a little too high for introduction.

The price correction made on the 05 plated vehicles apparently increased the sales of the 380LE, I've been told they sold over 1000 in feb, Vfacts will give an accurate answer in a few days.

MMAL are apprently going to relaunch the 380 in March with a new campaign and direction.
Additionally MMAL will face massive exit taxes if they pull out of producing cars, so it's not just as easy as shutting up shop.
Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2006, 09:46 PM   #4
MoreHPformyXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
The Nissan TIIDA has only been on the market a month. And I see more TIIDA'S than 380's ,on the road. I think MITSU should pull the plug now. Its only delaying the inevitable, sad too say.
Seen several 380's on the road yet to see a TILDA on anything but the plasma!

BA XR6 Mk II Shockwave Sedan - Now Sold - gone but not forgotten

mods: 20% under drive, Pacemaker Comps 4495' (ceramic coated) , 3' Metal Cat, XR6T exhaust - twin 3' tips, F6 CAI, K&N panel filter, PWR trans cooler, customed tuned by Heinrich Performance Tuning HPT 183.7rwkw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMO SIX
You have become the new SLOANY mate, no real quality to your current post(s).
MoreHPformyXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2006, 09:48 PM   #5
Jeld-Wen Falcon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ive seen 0 of either.
Jeld-Wen Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2006, 09:55 PM   #6
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've neither seen either of them aswell.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2006, 09:55 PM   #7
EL_futuraistic

Geez, a lot of 380 threads lately.

i am yet to see a TIIDA..... Long live the 380
EL_futuraistic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2006, 09:57 PM   #8
MoreHPformyXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan
I've neither seen either of them aswell.
As im in Adelaide & they are manufactured ere maybe slightly higher % of 380's but i drive to work in the citi & i see them daily.

BA XR6 Mk II Shockwave Sedan - Now Sold - gone but not forgotten

mods: 20% under drive, Pacemaker Comps 4495' (ceramic coated) , 3' Metal Cat, XR6T exhaust - twin 3' tips, F6 CAI, K&N panel filter, PWR trans cooler, customed tuned by Heinrich Performance Tuning HPT 183.7rwkw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMO SIX
You have become the new SLOANY mate, no real quality to your current post(s).
MoreHPformyXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2006, 10:02 PM   #9
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Seen heaps of 380s. Haven't seen a Tiida and frankly don't care too much for it. Bring back the Pulsar SSS Nissan!!
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2006, 10:19 PM   #10
PH47
Ford Power, in a Merc?

Haha yeh for sure.. one of my good mates has a -MEAN- SSS.. why can't nissan keep making them instead of these sexinthecity prettycars.. ?

I just got back from coles at Katoomba, 2 380s in the car park and another driving up the main street when I left.. for a small area that's a suprising sight.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:27 PM   #11
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think they stop making the SSS because they stopped making the SR20 engine. God knows why it is one of hell of an engine.
Old 02-03-2006, 11:09 PM   #12
PH47
Ford Power, in a Merc?

Yeh, but stopping both was a mistake!

It's an awesome package.. decent performance, good handling, comfortable and practical car for a daily driver.. one of the few FWD 4cyl cars i'd consider owning.. and they stop making it? Yeh.. makes sense :P "Hey we got this really mad car which everyone loves, let's stop making it and the new version will be a slow, weak, plasticy piece of crap that only L plater girls and old people will like!"
Old 02-03-2006, 11:15 PM   #13
zetec
Zoom Zoom

I've seen heaps of Tiidas lately, am I the only one?!?!!

I reckon they look terrible, in the metal they look very very narrow, possibly because of the high roof or possibly because they might just be narrow... not nice looking cars at all.

Every time I see a 380 I just laugh really. Poor bastards.
Old 02-03-2006, 11:44 PM   #14
Kenster

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I've seen heaps of Tiidas lately, am I the only one?!?!!

I reckon they look terrible, in the metal they look very very narrow, possibly because of the high roof or possibly because they might just be narrow... not nice looking cars at all.

Every time I see a 380 I just laugh really. Poor bastards.
Actually the Nissan Tiida doesnt look that bad in my opinion yet a long the interior made in the car are very confortable and enjoyable to seat in whether you are driver or passenger. I went to th dealer to take a look before the offical launch its felt so nice, and plus its a mix car between euro and jap so its a first in its class to be brought out like that.

as for the 380 hmm not sure i sat in it felt alright but i will say the Tiida will pick up sale soon just like the nissan X-trail when it first launch
Kenster is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2006, 11:44 PM   #15
Lagom

I've seen only one Tiida on the road and quite a few 380s.
Lagom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2006, 11:59 PM   #16
PH47
Ford Power, in a Merc?

Oh yeh that's right i DID see a tiida, Zetec you reminded me by mentioning the narrowness.. I remember seeing it parked at the supermarket and going "damn that's a skinny car".. reminded me of how Terios's look too narrow for their height/length.. then noticed the Tiida badge and my gf said she likes them.

So that's 1 Tiida seen up here and about 20 380s :P
Old 03-03-2006, 12:12 AM   #17
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
I think they stop making the SSS because they stopped making the SR20 engine. God knows why it is one of hell of an engine.
New Japanese emission laws like euro 3 meant that the sr20de, det and the rb series of engines were no longer emission compliant. Both of these engines were ahead of their time, and IMHO were major milestones for technically advanced engines.
Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2006, 12:13 AM   #18
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

I've seen 1 of each in Sydney city.

MMAL marketing department have to do something. I know more about the new VE coming out soon than I do the 380. I dont go digging for VE information either.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2006, 12:49 AM   #19
PH47
Ford Power, in a Merc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pertuan
I've seen 1 of each in Sydney city.

MMAL marketing department have to do something. I know more about the new VE coming out soon than I do the 380. I dont go digging for VE information either.
Half the 380 ads don't even show you the car just a tiny image of it racing down a road or a wierd angle where you can't make anything out, etc etc.

Mitsu.. fire your advertising agency and get someone who knows how to actually make an advertisement!
Old 03-03-2006, 01:12 AM   #20
zetec
Zoom Zoom

And Mitsu, sack that fake posh tosser who voices the Mitsubishi Better Built Better Backed, it just reeks of cheap Mirages and a company trying too hard. Show some pride for heaven's sake. Not even Holden uses cheap voice overs anymore...

Then again Hughesy is a pretty desperate attempt at getting someone famous... outside of Melbourne he's a nobody. Weird.
Old 03-03-2006, 09:28 PM   #21
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
And Mitsu, sack that fake posh tosser who voices the Mitsubishi Better Built Better Backed, it just reeks of cheap Mirages and a company trying too hard. Show some pride for heaven's sake. Not even Holden uses cheap voice overs anymore...
Those ads are terrible. Looks like something straight form the 90s.

On the Triton one(i think), notice how much the front bar bends in when he kicks it
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2006, 09:52 PM   #22
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_au
New Japanese emission laws like euro 3 meant that the sr20de, det and the rb series of engines were no longer emission compliant. Both of these engines were ahead of their time, and IMHO were major milestones for technically advanced engines.
Damn tree huggers! All those engines would be up there as some of the best engines ever produced.
Old 04-03-2006, 02:06 PM   #23
Fletty's EL
Green with Envi

I've seen a more 380s around WA than I have of the Toyota Yaris... I think they're pretty good looking car in the flesh.
Old 04-03-2006, 03:01 PM   #24
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

I saw another 380 yesterday in the city. First I thought it was a Magna then when the taxi (that I was in) got closer I realised it was the 380. The back end looks really plain.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2006, 08:26 PM   #25
Franky
Bring back the Phase

I've seen plenty of 380's and they all look crap, was doomed from the beginning
Franky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post