Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 09:30 AM   #1
AC/DC
" Let there be Rock "

Default Morons who drive with fog lights on !

Knowing that a majority of people here have got XR6 and XR8, , and these cars have the under bumper fog lights. WHY DO PEOPLE NEED TO DRIVE WITH THESE ON IN THE CITY AREA.

I have noticed that the majority are Rivers and Losers in commodores. There are not a lot of ford drivers who do, , probably due to an older average age.

Does anyone else get the sh*ts with those morons who need to drive with these lights on.

And in the day ????????????

AC/DC

Old 07-04-2006, 09:36 AM   #2
SunDrifter
To shreads you say?!

Do we really need to start this Topic again?

And to hell with it: I don't bother turning my lamps off. flame away!

<edit>They have a saying in computer game land, i think it goes like "Cry More Noob!" :
I've owned Holdens and Daewoos, and had plenty of problems with Holdens and none with Daewoos. Of course, the Holden is the more desirable car to own and drive, but based on my experience it is not the higher quality of the two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickHolden
Weight means nothing to a cars handling...
:
Old 07-04-2006, 09:39 AM   #3
tickin
FPV-Tickford Club of NSW

does it really matter???? if you have them use them i say...
Old 07-04-2006, 09:41 AM   #4
MoreHPformyXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It doesnt bother me (if u have them & u want to use them go for it) read the book "Dont sweat the small things"

BA XR6 Mk II Shockwave Sedan - Now Sold - gone but not forgotten

mods: 20% under drive, Pacemaker Comps 4495' (ceramic coated) , 3' Metal Cat, XR6T exhaust - twin 3' tips, F6 CAI, K&N panel filter, PWR trans cooler, customed tuned by Heinrich Performance Tuning HPT 183.7rwkw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMO SIX
You have become the new SLOANY mate, no real quality to your current post(s).
Old 07-04-2006, 09:42 AM   #5
Penelope Pitstop
Can't get enough of this.

Location: Standing on the driveway sobbing because I don't have a PINK ute anymore :0(

I live my lights on Auto so the car selects when it thinks it needs to put the lights on.

I do however use the fog lamps on club cruises or when it is overcast or raining... I don't do this to annoy people but more as a safety issue. But... now that I know it annoys you I might just leave the foggies on all the time.

Cheers, Tori
Old 07-04-2006, 09:49 AM   #6
DDXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I use them in conjunction with my highbeams when I have slow idiots infront of me ... As the saying goes "If you have got it, Flaunt it". I reckon they look menacing at night with them on, but day-time is a tad stupid.
Old 07-04-2006, 09:56 AM   #7
WILDTRAKPX2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yep I use mine all the time. They throw out extra light to the sides, they look good and they don't blind anyone like spot lights. Who cares, they don't do any harm. Morons complain for no legitimate reason.
Old 07-04-2006, 09:56 AM   #8
Deadman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC/DC
Does anyone else get the sh*ts with those morons who need to drive with these lights on.
Not in the slightest... As for 'morons' - you're refering to a sizable population of this forum...
Old 07-04-2006, 10:00 AM   #9
Stampy

If you got em, use em , when the weather is bad , the good thing is you see the cars when they have them on ,so they work

Old 07-04-2006, 10:08 AM   #10
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I use them when i need to ... usually on a darker road where there are no lines/lights ... it gives a wider beam spread.

If i get a "moron" who decides to flash me to say I have foglights on ... I return the favour and blind them for a good 5 seconds. (hmmmm ... Lightforce driving lights are bright indeed)

In the city ... I use low beam only (and I drive with low beam on all of the time ... force of habit being a courier) .... but if weather is bad the fog lights will come on in the city.
Old 07-04-2006, 10:11 AM   #11
gozza

are you assuming older aged people have more common sense?
maybe its the older ones with bad eye sight mate
Old 07-04-2006, 10:16 AM   #12
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I reckon they are fully sik but am a little worried people will think I am a ricer so I just turn one on and leave the other off.
I use the other one on weekends to even out the wear. Does anyone know a good auto electrician who will rotate all my bulbs for a cheap price?
Old 07-04-2006, 10:20 AM   #13
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'd rather have every "moron" driving about with fog lights rather than the "idiots" who drive about at dawn dusk with NO lights on. With the change of daylight savings it's vaguely light when I go to work now .. amazing the number of people who potter about in their dark blue sedans with no lights. I suppose their logic is that I can see them, so I *should* be able to see me ... idiots.
Bring on more people with foglights!!
Rod (Doesn't have any foglights :( )
Old 07-04-2006, 10:25 AM   #14
AnthonyQLD
Boss power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penelope Pitstop
But... now that I know it annoys you I might just leave the foggies on all the time.

Cheers, Tori
: Thats the way Tori
Old 07-04-2006, 10:27 AM   #15
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club

I hardly use them at all, only in bad weather or out in the sticks where there is no street lighting.

http://www.fordcoupeclub.org

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" George Harrison 2001.
Old 07-04-2006, 10:31 AM   #16
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

Haha yeah I know what you mean man!

But what I saw a couple weeks back took the cake - ИИИИty little Daewoo/Hyundai hatchback with rear foglights on at night. I'm thinking "ahh what a tool". Then as I get closer I see they have the interior light on AND the headlights on highbeam...

:alien2:
Old 07-04-2006, 10:33 AM   #17
elusiverunner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Morons who drive with fog lights on !

I don't mind them at all I think they are a good idea and look nice. I have a 2002 Fairmont Ghia and as you are all aware the fog lights on that model had to have them changed to turning lamps - real shame I wish I could get them changed back, but I probable would get booked for having them. :
Bolle Window Tint - fitted by Tint a Car
PWR Heat Exchanger, PWR Auto Transmission Oil Cooler - No milkshakes in this car.

After market DRL.
Custom fitted gauge holder with three gauges - Stav of Stingray Car Security.
Old 07-04-2006, 11:05 AM   #18
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

Ok I want to be a Moron but the cops wont let me in WA, $100 fine for using the foggys without fog

BAII Super Pursuit 0083

Awsome power by XTREME FORD TUNING 500rwkw New ALLOY Block

Awesome exhaust by THE EXHAUST CENTRE MIDLAND

Awesome Kenne Bell Supercharger setup by AGRO! and Bluepower Racing Developments

Now with full DOT approval and Permitted for road use
Old 07-04-2006, 11:12 AM   #19
WILDTRAKPX2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by superpursuit83
Ok I want to be a Moron but the cops wont let me in WA, $100 fine for using the foggys without fog
No worries! We can sign you up as an honorary moron. Welcome to the Moron Club!
Old 07-04-2006, 11:25 AM   #20
xxxc
tuff

seriously get over it
Old 07-04-2006, 11:26 AM   #21
Danny
GT4.

I have them on ALL THE TIME. Problem? there isnt one, they are ADR approved and are not nearly as bright as my low beams.

I'm sick of people coming on treating driving light using drivers like Drink Drivers (morons? Puh-lease!!).... Newsflash: It's not killing anyone! Open the herald sun we see the drink driving and speeding toll, not the people dazzled by NON adr foggies toll.... Jesus Tapdancing Christ!!!
Old 07-04-2006, 11:31 AM   #22
Shonky
my other ride is the bus.

Search is your friend AC/DC!

Could have saved yourself a lot of flamage!

--- My obligatory 2 cents worth:

They dont blind you... They CANT blind you (bulb is same as a low beam bulb... they rely on positioning to have their effect) so that puts it in the WGAF basket...

If people want to use them, thats fine by moi.

+ Lots of Land Rovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourbastard
Edelbrock.... not Peter Brock. Theres a world of difference. For a start my heads have much less gum tree in them.
Old 07-04-2006, 11:38 AM   #23
big_waity
Windsor Man!

I don't have foglights but I would leave them on if I did. I almost always drive with my lights on. As OzJavelin said - I would rather people have their foglights on than all of these idiots in dark coloured cars that want me to hit them cause I can't see them. Why can't everyone drive with their lights on? I think Volvo got it right when they made it standard.
Old 07-04-2006, 12:03 PM   #24
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
I reckon they are fully sik but am a little worried people will think I am a ricer so I just turn one on and leave the other off.
I use the other one on weekends to even out the wear. Does anyone know a good auto electrician who will rotate all my bulbs for a cheap price?
No apparently you cant rotate them there is an offset behind the left hand bulb ;)

with Sunroof and tinted windows
with out all the go fast bits I actually need :
Old 07-04-2006, 12:07 PM   #25
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

I think Flappist forgot to top up the headlight fluid, or is running low on the 25watt globes of late!
Old 07-04-2006, 12:28 PM   #26
GEE 87
302 ED fairmont ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by superpursuit83
yeh WA cops are tightarses.....foggies look sooooooooooo good on the BA XR's and FPV's... :sm_drool:
Old 07-04-2006, 12:30 PM   #27
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Here we go again!

Why is it that people get so upset about this? I use them, will continue to do so. If they help prevent some idiot from hitting me and increase my safety, they stay on. In some states they are illegal, fair enough! In some states they are not, QLD is one of these states so what is the problem. Considering they the same wattage as a low beam (55w) and they are aimed lower, how can they blind anyone?

Here is a thread from last year on this subject, not that I really think this dead subject needs to be dragged up again.http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=13940

Get over it!
Old 07-04-2006, 12:35 PM   #28
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Mine are glued on, some reason every time i turn on the XR they are on...

Cant turn them off either, someones disabled the Foglight button on the dash... Bastards! lol
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Old 07-04-2006, 12:39 PM   #29
SunDrifter
To shreads you say?!

Looks like i've already said my piece...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDrifter
fog light envy... pure and simple.

There are aways bombadores, scoobiedoos and falcons running around at night with them on. I never once thought... "gee those fog lights are straining the old ogglers".

Aftermarket ones, especially ones that dont fit into the orig bodywork, may be a problem. But thats really the problem for the person that installed them.
Don't recall using the word "ogglers" though =D
I've owned Holdens and Daewoos, and had plenty of problems with Holdens and none with Daewoos. Of course, the Holden is the more desirable car to own and drive, but based on my experience it is not the higher quality of the two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickHolden
Weight means nothing to a cars handling...
:
Old 07-04-2006, 12:42 PM   #30
GEE 87
302 ED fairmont ghia

i just read sundrifters signature - the LS1.com.au quote...funniest s*** on the planet
Closed Thread