Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 07-04-2006, 05:25 PM   #1
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 
Default Who can custom make a bbmanifold for me?

I was just wondering if anyone can suggest somewhere that I can get a custom made bbmanifold made?

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2006, 05:27 PM   #2
EA2BA
PM me if you want

and what do you have planned, if its a turbo get it from nispro i think it is,

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2006, 06:30 PM   #3
Nik

i know someone ,but i've been waiting 6 months already .maybe i can get him motivated ,if he gets a few pre orders
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2006, 07:36 PM   #4
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Mick's Metalcraft in...Villawood I think, are meant to be great with custom/fabricated stuff. They have a real good rep (and I think they regularly deal with Liverpool Exhaust). Give them a buzz.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2006, 10:03 AM   #5
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Thanks guys this is awesome.I need more power between 3000 and 6000rpm.I just dont think bbmanifold will do it in its current state. If the bbm long runners create great torque why not leave them all the time too.We always have a power loss or dip on many dynos at bbmanifold switching point.This sux. Youll see their power curves climbing well then kadooshka ..a tiny dip in the power curve at that point sabotaging the 1/4 mile run. Is there any way to make the bbmanifold switch over at 5000rpm?This may work better but I dont know until I try.

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Old 08-04-2006, 12:38 PM   #6
AusXH
Powered by 8

Past the 3800rpm point the engine really requires more air and quicker than the long runners can provide. You can do as jonbays suggested in another thread and fix-wire the bbm lever to the closed position then take it for a drive. You'll notice it really becomes a pig after 3800 and potentially even cause pinging (does for me).

I'd say the fact that you get a dip in the power curve as its switching is because the long runners are reaching their peak power and the bbm switching is happening abit later than required. 3500 rpm might be more suited.
AusXH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2006, 12:46 PM   #7
stiddy
Banned

Micks Metal Craft- has a good rep, good gear.. but expensive..
Nizpro also has a good rep and his stuff works well..
PlazmaMan is said to be one of the best..

Or speak to EBXR8240 - he builds his own plenums and they work a treat.
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2006, 01:13 PM   #8
xr8ute
Back on the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by useless
Is there any way to make the bbmanifold switch over at 5000rpm?
There will be a scalar in the SCT software to set the switch over at whichever RPM you like...

AU XR8 Ute 13.90 @ 100mph - http://www.aufalcon.com/xr8ute
5L Windsor, GT40X heads, Crane 2030, Pacey 4-1s, Lukey 3", 3.91:1, auto. Tuned by me w/Quarterhorse and BinaryEditor.

Coming Soon: Ported lower intake, Tickford "Premium" Brakes, and a good wash.
xr8ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2006, 02:19 PM   #9
Stav
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusXH
Past the 3800rpm point the engine really requires more air and quicker than the long runners can provide. You can do as jonbays suggested in another thread and fix-wire the bbm lever to the closed position then take it for a drive. You'll notice it really becomes a pig after 3800 and potentially even cause pinging (does for me).

I'd say the fact that you get a dip in the power curve as its switching is because the long runners are reaching their peak power and the bbm switching is happening abit later than required. 3500 rpm might be more suited.
Some months ago locked the long runners on and it went well on the street.Locking the short runners made the car a dog. I am not sure if this is because of air fuel ratios not being right.
Typically the long runners do give more power and then choke the engine at higher speed.I think the bbmanifold kicks in to early.

Old 08-04-2006, 02:47 PM   #10
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiddy
Micks Metal Craft- has a good rep, good gear.. but expensive..
Nizpro also has a good rep and his stuff works well..
PlazmaMan is said to be one of the best..

Or speak to EBXR8240 - he builds his own plenums and they work a treat.
Expensive is an understatement, stuff from them that I've seen is made to look pretty rather than make power
nugget378 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2006, 05:27 PM   #11
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

Intake Manifold

The non-variable intake manifold fitted to the MPFI EA to ED Falcon is decent, but the dual-stage manifold introduced in the EF is a quantum leap.

If you own a pre-EF Falcon, the dual-stage intake manifold will bolt onto the head along with a few other incidental changes. The pre-throttle intake set-up must also be revised. The biggest issue is obtaining the appropriate ECU that's mapped to suit the new manifold and has an output to control the switch-over valve.

Jim says you need an EL Falcon computer because it's the only model combining the dual-stage manifold with a distributor-type ignition – the EF and AU computers are designed to run a coil-pack ignition system. We're told the new computer is a straight plug-in but there is a small amount of wiring work required.

And are there any gains in altering the manifold's change-over point? No. Ford got this spot-on with a switch-over point at around 3800 rpm.
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2006, 05:28 PM   #12
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

I am with Jim on this one about the BBM.
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 01:54 AM   #13
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Usless, lock the car on long runners and dyno it. You will be happy to find that you will knock 20rwkw off your top end.
Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post