Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 18-04-2006, 12:49 AM   #1
OZFORDAU
Banned

Talking Just Cars insurrance....

If i wanna do more mods to my car, i now have to change insurrance! Im currently with AAMI, but now i'd prob have to go with Just Cars insurrance as they are a sister company of AAMI! Just Cars allow unlimeted mods to your car! So im not sure what to do!

As anyone had any dealings/heard of anything with Just Cars insurrance?

Cheers

Simon :voldar02:

OZFORDAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2006, 01:00 AM   #2
Timeshift

I was with JCI for a year (last year) for comprehensive on my stock AUIII and they suited me fine. Didn't claim anything though.

One thing I didn't like was the upfront annual payment... they allow 6 monthly payments after the first one, but still not to my liking.
Timeshift is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2006, 01:08 AM   #3
LUXO_8
windsor user

i'd be interested in peoples opinions of justcar or similar insurance mobs which allow mods........as im sure racv are gonna have a fit about my car having the stroker and 19's
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2006, 01:18 AM   #4
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I've got the wagon insured through Shannons. They were only about $10 per month more than AAMI, and they allow pay by the month at no extra cost, so it's really convenient. They also insure the car no matter what mods I do - as long as I tell them about ALL mods. So they even know about the chrome door handles in the wagon - better to be safe than sorry.

Only dealings I have had with Just Cars was to get a quote on Russells old T3 stroker - they wanted QuickTrack fitted (even though it doesn't waork in ACT), plus $2500 per year premium. I ended up doing a house extension instead.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2006, 01:26 AM   #5
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I tried Shannons for my motorbike, very steep price, stayed with current insurer.

For the cars though, I'm with Budget Direct, a QLD mob, heard of them?

They are really cheap, but they don't like mods. If I want to start doing some more serious business, Shannons might get a ring. I'm too old for Just Cars. That's for youngsters! LOL!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2006, 01:51 AM   #6
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

my uncle insured his Ford T bucket hot rod (fibreglass kit style).. for $350 a year :O..(covered for $25,000 agreed value and if its written off he gets the wreck back FREE

and his XJ6 jag with 253 V8 conversion for i think the same amount

both thru shannons

my fairlane is insured thru justcars.. for $1300 a year.. (down from $2000 a year from RACQ. and $2500 last year from RACQ)
due to me being 19yo with no insurance history etc..
Old 18-04-2006, 01:56 AM   #7
GK
Walking with God

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackers10
my uncle insured his Ford T bucket hot rod (fibreglass kit style).. for $350 a year :O..(covered for $25,000 agreed value and if its written off he gets the wreck back FREE

and his XJ6 jag with 253 V8 conversion for i think the same amount

both thru shannons

my fairlane is insured thru justcars.. for $1300 a year.. (down from $2000 a year from RACQ. and $2500 last year from RACQ)
due to me being 19yo with no insurance history etc..
Ok, maybe Shannons are worth a call without mods!

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Old 18-04-2006, 08:51 AM   #8
TCK-098

Just Car insurance are rubbish i wanted to insure my car with them for my agreed value and with all the mods they will only insure it for $12500 so whats going to the case when i want to insure a T-Series when i buy one.

And i got curious about the pricing on a BF XR6 you got to be kidding right with my current insurer GIO they want a extra $1000 i thought newcars were cheaper well they are not.

Lastly Budget direct wont insure anything that has mods they cancelled my policy due to the sports exhaust so some advice ring them up before you sign the dotted line.
Old 18-04-2006, 09:36 AM   #9
StevenAu2
Irregular Member

Ive been with Just Cars for afew years.The good thing was they dont care whats done so long as you tell them.My car has King Superlows in it and when i told them its lowered they didnt want to know how much like some other mobs like NRMA wanting to inspect your car ride height etc.
StevenAu2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2006, 09:41 AM   #10
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Just another insurance compnay. They will all rip you off anyway, either in premium, upfront fees or when you actually make a claim.

I hate insurance but have no option. The only reason I'm not with JCI is because of the upfront fee's.

NRMA don't know about any of the police options on my car...and neither do I when it comes to insurance, yet I still pay $1400 each year for agreed value of $15000, and then another $2300 for a claim.... it's all crap. Can't wait till I'm 23. Insurance will be around the $700 mark.

I had my old Barina insured with NRMA and they said that I can't do mods that add up to more the 10% of the market value of the car. Now the market value was $1000, so I said to them how the hell can I change the tyres?

A bit off track though....

How do you know a lawyer is lying - cause his mouth is moving!
How do you know your insurance company is ripping you off - cause your paying them!

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2006, 09:44 AM   #11
HLC
Audi S3

i got a quote from just cars.. wanted 3 grand per year for my car with a cat back exhaust. told em to get effed and went back to NRMA under my 'rents name :
Old 18-04-2006, 09:47 AM   #12
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

$5000 a year for a $20000 Skyline GTR with a 17 year old driver....

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2006, 09:48 AM   #13
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3 chaser
$5000 a year for a $20000 Skyline GTR with a 17 year old driver....
yeah no thanks.
Old 18-04-2006, 10:03 AM   #14
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

I really do feel sorry for you younger guys on P's etc etc , i remember 'back in the day' when i was on P's with my XE all done up, i was luck if most insurance companys would even look at me , and those who did wanted like nearlly $3000 a year to insure me/my car .. omg ! .. I ended up driving that car around with no insurance for years ! - lucky me i didn't get in a prang and it didn't get pinched . All my other cars after that were sh|tboxes anyway so i didn't bother with insurance.
I've only now just got insurance for the first time in my life since buying this XR , and i was supprised that it didn't effect me. I got full rating/cover #1 fully insured for $20,000 (and the car only cost me 10,000 ! , got it for a bargain though ) , and they are only charging me $350 a year !.
That's through 'Allianz' car insurance .

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2006, 10:28 AM   #15
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6-VCT-2000
I really do feel sorry for you younger guys on P's etc etc , i remember 'back in the day' when i was on P's with my XE all done up, i was luck if most insurance companys would even look at me , and those who did wanted like nearlly $3000 a year to insure me/my car .. omg ! .. I ended up driving that car around with no insurance for years ! - lucky me i didn't get in a prang and it didn't get pinched . All my other cars after that were sh|tboxes anyway so i didn't bother with insurance.
I've only now just got insurance for the first time in my life since buying this XR , and i was supprised that it didn't effect me. I got full rating/cover #1 fully insured for $20,000 (and the car only cost me 10,000 ! , got it for a bargain though ) , and they are only charging me $350 a year !.
That's through 'Allianz' car insurance .
DAMN THATS CHEAP!!!!!! my dad goes through them with his xr8, but its not worth having me insured on it cause i had a prang... :
Old 18-04-2006, 10:37 AM   #16
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
DAMN THATS CHEAP!!!!!! my dad goes through them with his xr8, but its not worth having me insured on it cause i had a prang... :
Mines only an XR6 not an 8 ! - probably makes a bit of difference too. But yeah they are cheap , i rang around for ages to get that , they didn't even wanna see the car , was all done over the phone. They did ask if the car was locked in a garage of a night ( which it is ) but other than that i just told them it was a 2000 XR6 VCT in vgc (which it is ) - when they asked what i paid for it i even told them i got it for $10,000, even they said i got a bargain ..lol , all was worked out from there .
Most the places i rang before Allianz wanted at least twice as much to insure me, and were only willing to goto around $15,000 cover .
Way to go Allianz

Old 18-04-2006, 01:48 PM   #17
antilooped

I was going to go just cars but because of my 'not so perfect' driving history (it was about 2 years 11 months since my last speeding ticket so i didnt have 3 years 'since') so i ended up going with this 'young and cool' company who didnt mind. I cant modify my engine but i can do whatever i want to the car. Anyways the premium and excess is half the price of just cars - their excess is exhubertant.
Old 18-04-2006, 02:36 PM   #18
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Mines only an XR6 not an 8 ! - probably makes a bit of difference too. But yeah they are cheap , i rang around for ages to get that , they didn't even wanna see the car , was all done over the phone. They did ask if the car was locked in a garage of a night ( which it is ) but other than that i just told them it was a 2000 XR6 VCT in vgc (which it is ) - when they asked what i paid for it i even told them i got it for $10,000, even they said i got a bargain ..lol , all was worked out from there .
Most the places i rang before Allianz wanted at least twice as much to insure me, and were only willing to goto around $15,000 cover .
Way to go Allianz
Allianz are cheap because they nearly went belly up. Im pretty sure it was Allianz.

Theyll catch up in a few.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2006, 02:53 PM   #19
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc351
Allianz are cheap because they nearly went belly up. Im pretty sure it was Allianz.

Theyll catch up in a few.
Might of been , but i don't think so , Allianz has been doing all sorts of insurance for years. A family member who is a teacher has been through them for years ( they also get discounts being a teacher ! - part of the teachers union or something ) .. anyway , was originally the family member who told me to try them, ended up being the best one for my case anyway.

Old 18-04-2006, 04:37 PM   #20
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Might of been , but i don't think so , Allianz has been doing all sorts of insurance for years. A family member who is a teacher has been through them for years ( they also get discounts being a teacher ! - part of the teachers union or something ) .. anyway , was originally the family member who told me to try them, ended up being the best one for my case anyway.
Yeah my bad, they were in deals with HIH.

I still seem to remember some people being left without 3rd party insurance due to Allianz, not sure of the specifics. It was enough that the following rego year I swapped rego insurance to Suncorp.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2006, 05:38 PM   #21
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have my AUI covered with Justcars.. and had my Commodore covered since feb 05. I find them very easy to work with. The Commodore had extractors, exhaust, CAI, Lowered, Mags, Stereo & a Sports Steering Wheel. And I think I was paying $950. I then traded up and got an AU.. and I think Im paying $550 or something. Im 22, and Rating 1 now.. woohoo. With Rating 1 protection.

onfire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2006, 05:47 PM   #22
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Just Cars seem ok but they don't offer pay by the month :

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2006, 05:49 PM   #23
parawolf
beep beep

We had the ute covered with Just Cars. Late at night a wayward XF came around the corner and slammed into the side of the tray of the ute.

Just cars were prompt with the service, paid no excess, choice of repairer, beautiful repair work, all in all the car was fixed within 2 weeks i think.

Couldn't be happier.

However the downside was the car was under insured for a total write off. The after market wheels were an additional excess (if at fault). Just Cars almost won't do agreed value, and will under value your car.

However if it is a last case of being able to get insurance, we had zero problems lodging a non-fault claim with no loss of rating 1.
Old 18-04-2006, 05:55 PM   #24
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
i got a quote from just cars.. wanted 3 grand per year for my car with a cat back exhaust. told em to get effed and went back to NRMA under my 'rents name :
Yeah but is your car under your name with NRMA ? If it isn't and it's under your parent's name then it's quite possible it's cheaper. You can hardly complain about Just Cars being expensive if you haven't quoted on the same circumstances.

Also, if your car is insured in your parent's name whilst you own the car, you could find your claim being refused.

In fact, just the other day we had an example of a guy who bought an STI rexy but got his parents to insure it for him (i work for an insurance company). The insurance company found out it was his car and they refused the claim.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2006, 05:57 PM   #25
aimzes
...fairly odd

im with just cars but i only have a $3500 EB so ive got third party prop with fire theft. so far they have been great to deal with (had two cars under them) but ive never made a claim so lol... yeah. they are underwritten by aami so if you have had good dealing with them i guess they wouldnt be too different.

next car will be under just car they want $2500 to insure $40ks worth of XR8 with mods. im under 25 and when i did the qoute i had a year left of telling the about my licence situation (if that make sence). so that price could only be better now.
Old 18-04-2006, 06:26 PM   #26
plext
Forum Director

I find Shannons to be great, but I have a suspicion that that only applies for those of us over 35.

They know of all the mods to my ute and are charging $600 per.
plext is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2006, 06:52 PM   #27
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I paid $9000 for the AU.. and its agreed value is a little over $9000 due to the stereo. Its covered for what I paid for it. Im happy. Im with Justcars

onfire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2006, 07:17 PM   #28
GK
Walking with God

Quote:
Originally Posted by plext
I find Shannons to be great, but I have a suspicion that that only applies for those of us over 35.

They know of all the mods to my ute and are charging $600 per.
What's the ute insured for?

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Old 18-04-2006, 07:38 PM   #29
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by loxxr6
Yeah but is your car under your name with NRMA ? If it isn't and it's under your parent's name then it's quite possible it's cheaper. You can hardly complain about Just Cars being expensive if you haven't quoted on the same circumstances.

Also, if your car is insured in your parent's name whilst you own the car, you could find your claim being refused.

In fact, just the other day we had an example of a guy who bought an STI rexy but got his parents to insure it for him (i work for an insurance company). The insurance company found out it was his car and they refused the claim.
yeah under my parents name, with me as primary driver. but we registered it under their name as well. even though i physically own it. so i dont see a problem there. NRMA under my name was a similar price as just car... over double what im paying now... so *shrug*
Old 18-04-2006, 11:32 PM   #30
DTFRMONT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
I tried Shannons for my motorbike, very steep price, stayed with current insurer.

For the cars though, I'm with Budget Direct, a QLD mob, heard of them?

They are really cheap, but they don't like mods. If I want to start doing some more serious business, Shannons might get a ring. I'm too old for Just Cars. That's for youngsters! LOL!

GK
I had my old ED Futura insured with Budget Direct a few years ago - be warned, if you have to make a claim, they'll make you jump through hoops. I rear-ended another car at the lights - as part of the claims process I had to go to Vic Roads & get a full printout of my driving history for the past 5 yeard & fax it to them. They took a good week & a half to approve the repairs to my car, I was getting a bit worried as it was nearing Xmas & I didn't want to be withour a car til late January!
DTFRMONT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post