Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 05-05-2006, 08:49 PM   #1
slickef
Apprentice Fridgey

Default Brakes and Suspension

Anyone who has DBA Slotted brakes on thier car, do they actually anything or are they not worth spending the money on?
And could anyone send me a photo of an EF Falcon with a Whiteline Super Low suspension package on???

96 EF Falcon Futura, Powered by Microtech, 2222549 Crow Cam, Metal Gasket, Port and Polish, Oversized Forged Valves, EF Fairmont Dash, K&N Highflow Filter, Pacemaker Competition Extractors, 2 1/2 Mandrel Bent Exhaust, High Flow Cat, Converter Shop 3500 stall, Shift Kit, 4.11 Diff Ratio, Mini Spool

Best ET 14.654 @ 88.270Mph at Benaraby Raceway, Gladstone Queensland
slickef is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2006, 09:05 PM   #2
oneredED
need more boost

Yes, DBA slotted are a VAST improvement over standard rotors. They put up with a medium amount of punishment and with decent pads pull the car up quite quickly. However if your slowing from 200+ km/h frequently or doing track days, they're not gonna cope with the heat buildup and they'll crack. That said, they're great rotors for a street car, and they do perform MASSIVELY better than the standard rotors in my experience.
Stops due to: bendix, DBA
Shifter connected to: T5 manual
Power from: ???
Interior: velour and woodgrain
Cost: stuff all :P
oneredED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2006, 09:58 PM   #3
Rollin
Banned

I had drilled and slotted rotors all round a few years back, and cracked the front rotors in under 25,000km if I remember correctly.

Put slotted on the front, I think these ones have been going for about 40,000 and still looking good, only a slight lip on the outer edge. I usually use Bendix metal king plus, they dont work that well when cold or when driving in normal traffic (highish pedal effort) but work really well on the track. I liked them.

Im now using EBC Greenstuff all round (drilled and slotted rotors on rear still going well), very low pedal effort in normal driving, I haven't had them on the track yet so I don't know what they are like when hot...
Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2006, 10:00 PM   #4
Rollin
Banned

oh I forgot to say....both slotted and drilled+slotted rotors P00 all over stockers!!!
Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2006, 10:50 PM   #5
slickef
Apprentice Fridgey

Thumbs up

thanks a million for that mate, just the info i needed to hear :eclipsee_
96 EF Falcon Futura, Powered by Microtech, 2222549 Crow Cam, Metal Gasket, Port and Polish, Oversized Forged Valves, EF Fairmont Dash, K&N Highflow Filter, Pacemaker Competition Extractors, 2 1/2 Mandrel Bent Exhaust, High Flow Cat, Converter Shop 3500 stall, Shift Kit, 4.11 Diff Ratio, Mini Spool

Best ET 14.654 @ 88.270Mph at Benaraby Raceway, Gladstone Queensland
slickef is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2006, 11:08 PM   #6
eb91xr6
V8 Ute V8 Boat

yer my next spend after the hiflow cat, after the 3.45 lsd diff is slotted rotors
125 Thumpster 2010
Swag
All set for the weekend
eb91xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2006, 11:17 PM   #7
oneredED
need more boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin
Put slotted on the front, I think these ones have been going for about 40,000 and still looking good, only a slight lip on the outer edge.
You've done well to get those kays out of them! Mine developed heatspots after about 5,000km, and cracks after about 20,000km...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin
I haven't had them on the track yet so I don't know what they are like when hot...
They are quite literally ten times better than stock when it comes to heat and fade. By that I mean with standard rotors I would get one good stop in before I lost all braking power (and warped the rotors once they cooled). The DBA's managed around 10 consecutive (~1min apart) BIG stops before I noticed a bit of fade, but even then it was no where near as bad as the stocko's. They are now cracked well and truly though.
Stops due to: bendix, DBA
Shifter connected to: T5 manual
Power from: ???
Interior: velour and woodgrain
Cost: stuff all :P
oneredED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2006, 11:20 PM   #8
Jet-Star

That is the next mod for my car so I'm glad someone asked and saved me the trouble .... I think for EF/EL with ABS your lookin at about $200ish per rotor...Retail ;)
Jet-Star is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2006, 12:19 AM   #9
eb91xr6
V8 Ute V8 Boat

anyone tryed the ones of ebay, they seem sus to me for the price for slotted rotore, a pair for 165 to your door
125 Thumpster 2010
Swag
All set for the weekend
eb91xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2006, 10:47 PM   #10
MK120C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse06
That is the next mod for my car so I'm glad someone asked and saved me the trouble .... I think for EF/EL with ABS your lookin at about $200ish per rotor...Retail ;)
In Sydney I paid $128 each X drld & sltd.
MK120C is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2006, 08:55 AM   #11
Devious Jet
Devious Motorsports

For slotted rotors, get on to VPW.com.au They are an australian based mail order speed shop. I think slotted rotors for EB/ED abs were about $90 each for the DBA's. I bought a set from them off the pontiac and in melbourne, was same day delivery.

And as for EBC green stuff pads, I used to run em in my Skyline, they are a truly awesome pad....I did several track days and the like with em.....worked a treat.