Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 09-05-2006, 01:17 PM   #1
Gadgetman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Focus XR5 Turbo for immediate delivery

Hello Peoples, We at Strapp Ford have 2 only Focus XR5 Turbo Hatches for immediate delivery.

(1) Moondust Silver with cloth

(2) Electric orange with Cloth

These are nearly impossible to attain at present. Outside these 2 vehicles, our waiting list is out to 8 months and more. Send my good self a PM or contact Sathis on 8848-1222 if you are keen as they will go quickly

Regards Gadgetman :lookedat:

Gadgetman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2006, 02:22 PM   #2
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

wanna swap for a zetec with 20's???
Zetec20 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2006, 02:23 PM   #3
Gadgetman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

20"s. Mate, you've got too much money
Old 09-05-2006, 04:53 PM   #4
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lol i wish i had too much money, my credit card is eating my ***
Old 09-05-2006, 07:58 PM   #5
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm - would love one of these. Wonder what I could get for trade in.... haha

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2006, 03:08 PM   #6
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Kicking yourself yet Teki???
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2006, 05:34 PM   #7
Miyagi
fordxr5turbo.com

These'll move very quickly methinks I need to get me some spare cash!
Old 10-05-2006, 08:31 PM   #8
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
Kicking yourself yet Teki???
Haha - no. But definitely thinking about the future.... :Up_to_som

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 11-05-2006, 12:12 AM   #9
marcosambrose

Whats the trade in on a A4?

(its my mothers, im sure she wont mind)
marcosambrose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2006, 09:59 AM   #10
Gadgetman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Orange one is sold. All thats left for immediate delivery is silver.
Old 21-05-2006, 11:55 PM   #11
STCOOL
Starter Motor

NOT HAPPY MR FORD AUSTRALIA. Where is my 3 Door XR5. I have been waiting money in hand for around 12 months. I hate small 5 door cars. They are not very sporty & I have trouble getting in & out of the car as I'm a bit over 6ft. Unless they decide to bring in a 3 door I won't be buying one. I have already started my search at the other manufacturers cars on offer. Although the Focus probably has better handling, It already looks like its a bit behind when it comes to power & standard accessories.
STCOOL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2006, 01:19 AM   #12
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

STCOOL - tell me which other Small Hatch is a 3dr? Golf, nope. Megane, Nope. WRX, Nope. Unless you go smaller then the Focus, there isn't a 3dr hot hatch on the Australian Market just yet. Sure, go spend $50,000+ because you want a 147 GTA or R32... just so you can have 2 less doors

Old 22-05-2006, 04:46 AM   #13
Ghiadude
FORMERLY TX3DUDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by STCOOL
NOT HAPPY MR FORD AUSTRALIA. Where is my 3 Door XR5. I have been waiting money in hand for around 12 months. I hate small 5 door cars. They are not very sporty & I have trouble getting in & out of the car as I'm a bit over 6ft. Unless they decide to bring in a 3 door I won't be buying one. I have already started my search at the other manufacturers cars on offer. Although the Focus probably has better handling, It already looks like its a bit behind when it comes to power & standard accessories.
your name should be SCTOOL!

Why dont you buy a LARGE CAR IF YOU DONT FIT IN A SMALL ONE?
Ghiadude is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2006, 09:50 AM   #14
STCOOL
Starter Motor

Lets not get silly with personal attacks.

I'm sure there are plenty of potential buyers out there that have been drooling over the 3 door ST focus over the past 12 months & dreamed of having one. I will be ringing Ford & telling them what I want. I am sure if thats what others want, then they may just do something about making the option available. Surely its not that hard to have them imported, considering that they come off the same assembly line & the long lead times.

Just because other car manufacturer are only selling 5 door cars does not mean that the Focus has to be available in 5 doors only. Immagine the Monaro in a 5 door, yuk, not that I like Holdens. For the large Ford enthusiasts just imagine a limited edition 2 door Falcon XR6 or 8. The 2 door coupe or 3 door hatch have always been my favourite style.
Old 22-05-2006, 11:07 AM   #15
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx3dude
your name should be SCTOOL!

Why dont you buy a LARGE CAR IF YOU DONT FIT IN A SMALL ONE?
Because he wants a Focus you Tool :

STCOOL: I can understand where your coming from, but I think you'd probably be in the minority.
MAGPIE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2006, 12:36 PM   #16
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Just because other car manufacturer are only selling 5 door cars does not mean that the Focus has to be available in 5 doors only. Immagine the Monaro in a 5 door, yuk, not that I like Holdens. For the large Ford enthusiasts just imagine a limited edition 2 door Falcon XR6 or 8. The 2 door coupe or 3 door hatch have always been my favourite style.
sorry to point this out but the monaro is really just a commodore with 2 doors welded shut...

I agree that an xr coupe would be awesome though

one other thing, there's plenty of tall people on these forums that fit into the 5 doors fine, including myself, the 3 door might suit your tastes better but overall the 5 door is more practical, also insurance companys seem to think any 2 door car is much more sportier than a 4 door varient
Old 22-05-2006, 12:42 PM   #17
Nappa
Impressive...

im not that tall but ive found it harder to get in and out of 3dr cars. parking a 3dr fiesta in a car park you are unable to open the rather long door very far, wich means you have to squeeze thru a gap and sort of get out backwards. anyway you just end constantly scuffing the inner door with your feet. If 2 doors are really a problem on this super hatch then maybe you should look at another type of performance car.
Nappa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2006, 05:37 PM   #18
marcosambrose

Ford didn't bring the 3-door Mk2 Focus because they got burnt when they brought the Mk1 Focus over, slow sales prompted them to rethink the way the Mk2 would be sold, Mr Gorman said depending on how the Focus sales goes, the 3-door will be assessed for sale here, im guessing that includes the XR5. but we will have to wait and see.

Also on a sidenote, the Fiesta ST150 (XR4 here) is also being assessed, Ford said they will only bring it here if the VW Polo Gti sells well, so go and buy a Polo Gti then trade it in when the XR4 hits our shores...
marcosambrose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2006, 09:41 PM   #19
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosambrose
only bring it here if the VW Polo Gti sells well, so go and buy a Polo Gti then trade it in when the XR4 hits our shores...
Well, we should start seeing the XR4 then! I see the Polo GTIs daily... the little GTIs are everywhere!

Old 24-05-2006, 07:43 PM   #20
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How well are the new XR5's really selling??? There are three for sale on Carsales just in SA- I thought from posts on here there was a huge waiting list for deliveries?
Old 25-05-2006, 10:36 AM   #21
STCOOL
Starter Motor

I have just received the Focus brochures through the mail. I would have to say that its very bland & it makes my choice in upgrading to the new model a more difficult decision. The dash, steering wheel & interior looks cheap compared to the previous ST model & I cannot remember how many times I read the word Smooth, smoother or German engineering. Its obviously written for someone that knows nothing about cars. Do yourself a favour & go to Fords Focus website & fill in the form for a brochure to be sent out. Does the XR5 has the same problem as the ST170 & that the headrests have to be removed to put the back seats down. Why is the luggage capacity area smaller in the XR5 compared to the standard hatch model with the seats upright? Too many questions...
Old 25-05-2006, 10:45 AM   #22
Simple
Starter Motor

Quote:
I have just received the Focus brochures through the mail. I would have to say that its very bland & it makes my choice in upgrading to the new model a more difficult decision. The dash, steering wheel & interior looks cheap compared to the previous ST model & I cannot remember how many times I read the word Smooth, smoother or German engineering. Its obviously written for someone that knows nothing about cars. Do yourself a favour & go to Fords Focus website & fill in the form for a brochure to be sent out. Does the XR5 has the same problem as the ST170 & that the headrests have to be removed to put the back seats down. Why is the luggage capacity area smaller in the XR5 compared to the standard hatch model with the seats upright? Too many questions...
I received the brochures in the mail just over a week ago and I kind of agree. I don't beleive it does a good job of selling the car, but I wouldn't know what I'd place in a brochure to sell it anyway. I'm relying on testimonials and reviews - most of which praise the car highly - but still critisie the interior. As for me, I'm not too fussed about the interior - I just want one now
Simple is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2006, 10:20 AM   #23
Nappa
Impressive...

Quote:
To answer some of your questions, no you don’t have to take off the head rest to flat fold the rear seats it is the same design as the other models in the range,
There has been a decrease in boot space to allow for the size of the exhaust system. The width and length of the boot is the same but its not as deep, there is still heaps of usable space. If you are worried that the interior feels cheap then I suggest you sit in one. I’ve had nothing but a very positive response to the interior design from customers. But each to their own I guess. Mate if your thinking of moving up into a XR5 I’d just find out where there is one to have a look at and have a sit in one, you wont regret it.
Nappa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2006, 11:06 AM   #24
STCOOL
Starter Motor

OK thanks Nappa. Iv'e had a New CL for a loan car while the ST was being repaired upteen times recently. I hated the rough plastic finish dash top that will be a pain to clean once it gets inground dirt. Its only one thing though that I don't really like about the interior. I won't comment on the CL model & what I though in this thread. There is a demo XR5 down the road at a Ford dealer so I will have a look.

Thanks to Marcosambrose for the comments on the 3 door. I am thinking of waiting a while though just to see if there are any major issues with them. They many then offer the 3 door at that time. I have had far too many problems with the ST & was considering something different. Looking at other forums It looks however that even other brands of cars with similar performance have long waiting times. Thanks for your comments on the rear seats.

Due to the long waiting times & probably not being able to see a car & colour before buying, can anyone point me to pictures that new owners have taken. There needs to be a place somewhere where the various colours can be seen of real cars not computer images. I have only found some good pics of the orange on car sales .com.au

Thanks Blokes...
Old 26-05-2006, 11:36 AM   #25
MRJUCY
Fordless

While I'm not in the market for one I do agree, being tall I don't like small 5 doors, 3 is much more practical. Tom Gorman has said personally he'd like to see the 3 door to but it's not his decision their needs to be a business case for it. I actually thought it would being a good idea as VW & Renault haven't bothered to it gives Ford a point of difference.
MRJUCY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2006, 11:39 AM   #26
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

STCOOL, check out www.fordxr5turbo.com 's forum - heaps of pictures of various colours... even a thread dedicated to it!

Good luck with the XR5T purchase - Kind of wishing I had waited a little longer, saved a little harder and stayed with the Ford Brand. Good luck mate! You won't regret it... I've heard one give it from a speed hump... and wow. Even spoke to the owner for a good 10 minutes. He said quote "best handling car I've driven" and was heading to Wakefield Park this weekend. Very sexy car too.... *sigh - I want one!*

Old 26-05-2006, 11:42 AM   #27
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJUCY
While I'm not in the market for one I do agree, being tall I don't like small 5 doors, 3 is much more practical. Tom Gorman has said personally he'd like to see the 3 door to but it's not his decision their needs to be a business case for it. I actually thought it would being a good idea as VW & Renault haven't bothered to it gives Ford a point of difference.
Please note though; VW and Renault provide smaller Hot Hatches with 3 doors (Polo GTI and Clio 182 Cup). Those that want bigger and more doors, need to look for the Golf GTI and Megane 225 Cup. Ford however, do not have the Fiesta ST.

Oh, and also - the 3dr Golf is supposed to be coming out sometime this year! (was in a magazine - date escapes me)

Old 26-05-2006, 10:43 PM   #28
The Mighty Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
STCOOL, check out www.fordxr5turbo.com 's forum - heaps of pictures of various colours... even a thread dedicated to it!

Good luck with the XR5T purchase - Kind of wishing I had waited a little longer, saved a little harder and stayed with the Ford Brand. Good luck mate! You won't regret it... I've heard one give it from a speed hump... and wow. Even spoke to the owner for a good 10 minutes. He said quote "best handling car I've driven" and was heading to Wakefield Park this weekend. Very sexy car too.... *sigh - I want one!*

Thanks for the link , I had only seen one pic before now....Have to say the XR5T swallows up the 18" wheels , they look almost to small from the pics , I am sure they look stunning in the flesh though ,cos the rest of the car does.
Old 27-05-2006, 05:21 PM   #29
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

I like it, I like it a lot.
Old 28-05-2006, 02:45 PM   #30
FRA
Mr Focus

We went out to our Ford dealer where we got our 2 Ford Focus from
So we finally saw a XR5. I wanna see the interior as we didnt get to view it today. It was behind glass....lmao
Already sold to its lucky owner so I guess there is really no point in going back tomorrow as it will probably be gone.
Cosworth: 2.5" high flow exhaust system, piston & rod 8.5.1 Ford Racing: Tail lights, engine cover, racing wing, cnc'd head, manifold, 70mm tb. Lentech: Torque Convertors with 23 spline input shaft, valvebody
Oz racing: WRC OBX: 4-2-1 race header
SCT: xcal3, dash scan.
FRA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post