Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 16-05-2006, 03:07 PM   #1
kryzak260
Brembo Lover

Default :O TS50 Gutter-age

I am sitting here doing my work at the front of my shop 10 minutes ago, and i see a nice T3 TS50 slow down just out the front. The woman driving it wanted to park in the spot directly out the front, but rather than reverse park into the spot, she thought she would try and drive it in frontways. Here i am thinking, "Oh yeah, someone driving a machine like that would respect it and know how to drive", but no, she ran straight into the gutter, taking paint off the front bar and gutter-rashing the front left wheel about 1/3 of the way around :

She got out of the car, walked around, looked at the damage, sort of shrugged her shoulders, and walked off as if nothing had happened!! How do people like this get cars like these?! Why would you buy a nice car only to disrespect it or not care about it?

And yes, before you mention it, it is a genuine one

Hers: 2006 BF Super Pursuit in Vixen
kryzak260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2006, 03:18 PM   #2
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No different to my wife. She damaged hell out of the front, passenger rim on my SV8 and I asked her nicely to be more careful in the future. Next week the rear, passenger rim was the same ..

It wouldn't matter if it was a '76 Corolla or a brand new Ferrari .. to her its "just a car". But then again some of us take cars far to seriously don't we?

Rod.
OzJavelin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2006, 03:20 PM   #3
TCK-098

I get my rim back this week after the missus hit the gutter and took anice chunk out and the best part she is paying for it.
Old 16-05-2006, 04:15 PM   #4
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

To have a car like that and damage it , then just shrug ya shoulders 'oh well' , then it wouldn't supprise me if it's her hubbys car , poor bloke .. :( - been there in the past with my old XE , 50% of its falling apart was to blame on my missus smakin it up heaps (another story, another day) oh well ..lol

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2006, 04:21 PM   #5
ten[A]cio[U]s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I cringe everytime i go to park my car.. I would be really ****ed if i hit anything. My mum drove my car out of the driveway and crunched the kit. She pulled up and said its just a scratch and i had a look and saw 10cm of fibre glass hangind down..

Really, really angry lol.

I dont know why people do this mate but i would of been angry just seeing the real thing get disrespected..

Future fun: 1968 Ford Galaxie 500

ten[A]cio[U]s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2006, 04:21 PM   #6
howesy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

She'd be divorced for a start and with property settlement I'd agree to give her a 100% beating. It's all about priorities a car takes precedence it may not perform favours but married women seldom do anyway.
howesy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2006, 04:38 PM   #7
StevenAu2
Irregular Member

To use a quote from Running on Empty(the oz 1) "Maybe their not Art lovers like Us"
StevenAu2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2006, 05:30 PM   #8
kryzak260
Brembo Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy-au
I dont know why people do this mate but i would of been angry just seeing the real thing get disrespected..
I was mate. I lust after one of these or a TL50 (love my Luxo-o-barges ) and to see someone do that to it and not care, i just stood there in disbelief!

I thought about the hubby thing after i posted too. It probably is her hubby's car, and he will see it later and wring her neck. And he would be the one to go to prison. This is the reason my mrs will not be driving my 'lane when she gets her licence.

Hers: 2006 BF Super Pursuit in Vixen
kryzak260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2006, 08:02 PM   #9
sbutler
335 kw of goodness

Yeah im pretty lucky, my wife is very aware of how low the car is.
It comes from years of intence training.
Started with my new EA lowered, 16" Simmons, & Ford bodykit.
Then the EBGT
Then the XR8
Now the T3 :hihi:

2012 GTP 213 black what was I thinking? NOW FOR SALE>>
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11439680
sbutler is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2006, 09:57 PM   #10
b2tf
not here much anymore

was it maurie's wife? :
Old 16-05-2006, 10:03 PM   #11
Noddy
Mercury Silver T3

I am fortunate that my wife is a car nut just like me and she is always wary where she parks our cars. In most instances when it comes to shopping centres she parks a mile away just to get a safe park.

2017 Magnetic Mustang

What to hear a tuff T3?
Click here
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y30...ent=Movie2.mp4
Noddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2006, 10:03 PM   #12
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
was it maurie's wife? :
We can't be sure. All I know is if it happened, within the hour, he would have replaced the scratched rims with a new set :
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2006, 10:11 PM   #13
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

My other half is well aware ot this when parking, sometime's she's worse than me and tell's me to be carefull when parking. lol.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2006, 06:36 AM   #14
sbutler
335 kw of goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
My other half is well aware ot this when parking, sometime's she's worse than me and tell's me to be carefull when parking. lol.
Mine tried to tell me how to drive once! ha ha ha

2012 GTP 213 black what was I thinking? NOW FOR SALE>>
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11439680
sbutler is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2006, 06:39 AM   #15
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Yeah... my mrs is the same... I finally let her drive the car with me in the passenger seat... she was TRYING to be her best... when she didn't see a white commie ute at a T intersection... she pulled out and I have this ute smokin the brakes comin towards my door...

But remember... if I take a flake of paint of the walls in the house... I'll hear about it till we move....

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2006, 10:25 AM   #16
BJMXR

My Ex used to just swing open the passenger door and let it hit what ever was in the way, grass, concrete paths, whatever... luckily no vertical poles in the middle of the door, but it just gave me the S#$% so bad! Her reply was always "It doesn't matter"

What a bi+(h...
Lowered on King SL & SSL
KONI "Yellows" Fully Adjustable Shocks
2.5in Stainless Herrods Cat back
Black Leather Interior
BJMXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2006, 11:06 AM   #17
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Get a load of this , and its all true too !~.. (going back about 15 years ago)
When i first started dating my missus years ago she had just got her licence and had a crappy old 'clean & straight' toyota corola , within the first week of having it she smashed into the rear of someone and damaged the front 'sorta' lighty, wasn't to bad to fix ... anyway - spent 2 days solid after work each night fixing it up - all fixed. Later that week she hits another car up the butt again at the same intersection ! - this time it was pretty major damage ( alot of frame re-bending under the hood etc , 2 second hand front pannels , bonnet grill , the whole front end basically was replaced) , spent 2 weeks solid repairing it - it was a mess ! - got it back to its former glory (for its days ! ..lol ) , matched all the paintwork the lot...and you wouldn't believe it - after spending 2 weeks fixing it again she goes and piles it up the butt off another car and writes it off !!! - at the friggin same intersection AGAIN ! ...grrrrr.
By that time i had had it and said she ain't having nothing better than a datsun200b until she can learn to drive ..lol
During that time of her having the datsun - she managed not to bingle it , but in that time she did manage to push both my rear doors in on my XE just after it was repainted ( i let her move my car to under the carport ) - she turned in too earlly and cleaned up the doors , did them both in 1 hit - should of seen the look on her face ( and mine ! ) when she came inside and told me she just pushed in both rear doors on the carport poles ! (both doors had to be replaced and resprayed - was big deep deep v's right down the centre of both doors.....)
Well that was all years ago , and toutch wood - she has learned to drive since then - hasn't put a mark on the XR yet ( not even a tyre rub mark from her ! ) - im impressed ..lol

Old 17-05-2006, 11:50 AM   #18
stiddy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6-VCT-2000
Get a load of this , and its all true too !~.. (going back about 15 years ago)
When i first started dating my missus years ago she had just got her licence and had a crappy old 'clean & straight' toyota corola , within the first week of having it she smashed into the rear of someone and damaged the front 'sorta' lighty, wasn't to bad to fix ... anyway - spent 2 days solid after work each night fixing it up - all fixed. Later that week she hits another car up the butt again at the same intersection ! - this time it was pretty major damage ( alot of frame re-bending under the hood etc , 2 second hand front pannels , bonnet grill , the whole front end basically was replaced) , spent 2 weeks solid repairing it - it was a mess ! - got it back to its former glory (for its days ! ..lol ) , matched all the paintwork the lot...and you wouldn't believe it - after spending 2 weeks fixing it again she goes and piles it up the butt off another car and writes it off !!! - at the friggin same intersection AGAIN ! ...grrrrr.
By that time i had had it and said she ain't having nothing better than a datsun200b until she can learn to drive ..lol
During that time of her having the datsun - she managed not to bingle it , but in that time she did manage to push both my rear doors in on my XE just after it was repainted ( i let her move my car to under the carport ) - she turned in too earlly and cleaned up the doors , did them both in 1 hit - should of seen the look on her face ( and mine ! ) when she came inside and told me she just pushed in both rear doors on the carport poles ! (both doors had to be replaced and resprayed - was big deep deep v's right down the centre of both doors.....)
Well that was all years ago , and toutch wood - she has learned to drive since then - hasn't put a mark on the XR yet ( not even a tyre rub mark from her ! ) - im impressed ..lol
LMAO what a crack up of a story.. get the feeling she didnt like your XE? hahahaha

My ex mrs drove an old liberty, didnt put a scratch on it, she drives my celica and manages to spin that out, rip the front bar off, bend the rear wheel under the car from hitting a gutter sideways.. how you spin out a FWD car, in the dry going through a round-a-bout???.. dont ask me lol shes a pro.. done it twice now..
one day she asked if she can drive my XR6.. LOL you can imagine what my reaction was.. AHHH i was laughing so hard at the poor girl i almost felt slack saying no..
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2006, 12:20 PM   #19
HOTC2R
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Guys, lets face it....we are very passionate about our cars, me included. But at the end of the day it can. be repaired or replaced but how would you feel if the wife was the one that was damaged or even worse the result of a fatal
HOTC2R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2006, 12:30 PM   #20
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTC2R
Guys, lets face it....we are very passionate about our cars, me included. But at the end of the day it can. be repaired or replaced but how would you feel if the wife was the one that was damaged or even worse the result of a fatal
Thats why if they can't drive then you don;t let them drive your car ! ..lol.
But yeah your right , i'de rather loose my car to the accident than my missus ;) . Luckilly no-one has been hurt/injured in the incidents mentioned - so we can sit back nowerdays and have a laugh about it ..cheers :

Old 17-05-2006, 01:56 PM   #21
stiddy
Banned

.... or just not have a missus :P
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2006, 02:11 PM   #22
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiddy
.... or just not have a missus :P
yep :P

and when the time comes, she isnt getting behind the wheel of my car.
Old 17-05-2006, 02:30 PM   #23
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

Felicity is more careful of my car than I am!
Mark351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2006, 07:48 PM   #24
TCK-098

Sometimes when me and the missus go out i let her drive the AU and damn its funny when im sitting beside her while she blows the doors of a commodore or a newer model Falcon.
Old 17-05-2006, 09:01 PM   #25
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by krustytheclown
Sometimes when me and the missus go out i let her drive the AU and damn its funny when im sitting beside her while she blows the doors of a commodore or a newer model Falcon.
I been in exactelly that same position a few times myself , and yeah its funny , they almost wet themselves from the power :